[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 450
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Qik

    [LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

    Welcome!

    'Uncertain Whereabouts' is a short-ish adventure for four first level PCs. In addition to your standard combat encounters, there will also be several skill challenges, which hopefully will make for some good RP-ing. As I mentioned in the Dunn Wright Inn thread, this will be my first time GM-ing, so if you see me doing something stupid, or forgetting something, or whathaveyou, please do inform me.

    Judge: Perrinmiller
    DM: Qik

    PCs:
    Songdragon: Saranna Surefoot, Female Halfling 1st Level Rogue (Investigator)
    Satin Knights: Arianna, Female Merfolk 1st Level Summoner (Synthesist)
    sunshadow21: Thuvian Darklight, Male Tiefling 1st Level Wizard (Shadow Illusionist)
    HolyMan: Ioseph Vors, Male Human 1st Level Cleric

    XP
    Encounter 1: 400 XP (100 each)
    Encounter 2: 600 XP (150 each)
    Encounter 3: 600 XP (150 each)
    Encounter 4: 600 XP (150 each)
    Encounter 5: 670 XP (167.5 each)
    Encounter 6:
    GP/Treasure
    Encounter 1: 200 gp in the form of 4 Masterwork books (Knowledges (Arcana/Local/Nature/Religion)) worth 50 gp each. (50 gp each)
    Encounter 2: Darts, daggers, and coins totaling 105 gp. (26.25 gp each)
    Encounter 3: 4 Scrolls of Longstrider CL 4 (worth 400 gp) and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds CL 1 (worth 200 gp). (150 gp each)
    Encounter 4: 2 unidentified magical scrolls worth 300 gp and bows, arrows, slings, daggers, and coins worth 120 gp. (105 gp each)
    Encounter 5: Misc. equipment and gold worth 470 in total. (117.5 gp each)
    Encounter 6:
    Rules
    *Rolling: You may use the Enworld roller or Invisible Castle.

    *Posting Rate: Under normal circumstances, I should be able to post at least once/day, likely more. I'd prefer players to achieve something near that rate (i.e. a minimum of once every other day). Absences of more than two days will mean the game continues, with the character in question being NPC'd by me as necessary (such as during combat).

    *Initiative: As long as nobody objects, I would like to roll initiative; I think doing so would help to speed things up come combat. I will be using group initiative, which means PCs can post in any order once their turn is up. The only exceptions to this are in the surprise round and first round, where individuals from the side with the lower initiative whose personal initiative exceeds that of all the individuals on the winning side may act first (hopefully that makes sense).

    *Stat Blocks: Would be nice during combat.

    Think that covers it; I'll let you know if I think of anything else.
    Last edited by Qik; Wednesday, 14th September, 2011 at 08:33 PM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Qik
    As Ioseph enters the dimly lit room, the gnome points him over to the remaining empty chair, then scurries around the table to return to his own. Gathering the lone card on the table back into his deck, he begins to shuffle absent-mindedly, eying the group as he does so. "Well now...we're all here. A bit later than I had envisioned, but one can never be too sure about such things." Looking over in Ioseph's direction, he continues, "Just before your arrival, Man of Light, I was explaining to the others that the reason I had been anticipating you four was that I am in need of assistance in reclaiming an item that is most precious to me..."

    Sighing slightly, the gnome suddenly adopts a much more solemn demeanor as he elaborates, in what seems to be an unusually straightforward manner for him. "As I said to the merwoman, I am a viewer of time: I peek down its corridors and dig through its many nooks and crannies. I mostly do so for my own amusement: to see what the future holds is to delight in both the engagement of one's skill and the fulfillment of one's curiosity. Of course, I have on occasion used this ability to support myself materially; I have always done so with a clear conscious, since I have found that what we know of our futures actually matters very little in the grand scheme of things: a fool is a fool given a penny or given a pound. There are, however, ways in which a fool can be given more than they deserve, and this I always avoid. Not all of my kind, the time-viewers, adopt the same philosophy, however."

    "Much of one's ability to observe along time's corridors is innate; there are, however, items which can amplify this ability."
    He gestures to the deck of cards holds in his hand. "I have always turned to images, myself, and through the years, have amassed a great and powerful collection of them, through which I navigate through time's lonely halls." Pausing for a moment, as if to gather his thoughts, he soon continues. "A selection of these images, a powerful selection, has been stolen from me. I have been unable to ascertain who is responsible, and what their motives are. I believe my inability to do so stems from several factors...." The gnome trails off, then abruptly shifts back to his original, much more oblique and eccentric demeanor with a shake of his head. "For now, that is enough; once you've proven your trustworthiness, we can speak of this again. But first, perhaps you all should properly introduce yourselves?" He smiles. "I know you all beyond an introduction, myself, but it would be for the benefit of each other."

    OOC: Figured a little round of introductions was a good place to start.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Songdragon

    Saranna Surefoot 1st-level Rogue

    Saranna watches the others and wonders to herself, "My is this not an odd array of beings or what." she shrugs and bows to those assembled, "I am honored to meet all of you, I am Saranna Surefoot. I am skilled in the art of investigation, which seems appropriate with the needs of our... benefactor" She nods towards the strange gnome.

    She then stands up on her chair and reaches for some of the cheeses, roast beast and some of the fresh bread to make a small meal.

    Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats
    Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
    Hallfing Rogue 1
    Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
    Conditions: n/a
    AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
    HP: 8 of 8
    CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
    In Hand: light shield

  • #4

    Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

    "For the gentlemen, I am Arianna. Looking over our gathering here, it looks like I shall be the muscle and protector of our group."

    She pauses to see if anyone giggles.

    "I live two different lifestyles, one for pleasure and one for battle. Just like my patron Tanager, I can be calm and peaceful or quite stormy. Once I am dressed for battle, my skills will become apparent. I have a few mystic talents, but they serve mostly for my defense. I prefer to fight hand to hand. If my armor fails me, I will be resorting to throwing holy creatures from the outer reaches at our foes until I can heal my wounds."

    Tired of adjusting and leaning forward, she speaks a few words in aquan, wiggles her fingers, and a slice of peach floats to her.
    ooc
    Qik: Can I get you to use a different conversation color? The purple on black is hard to read for my old eyes. Both reds are difficult too. Thanks.
    mini-stats
    Mermaid ~ Perception 2, Sense Motive 2, Low Light Vision
    HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
    CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
    Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
    Spear Gun +2, d8
    Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
    Active Enhancements: none
    In hand: none

    .Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
    1st Level: 2/day, 0 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
    Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used

    Beast ~ Perception 10, Sense Motive 2, Darkvision and Low Light Vision
    HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
    CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
    Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
    Long Spear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
    Spear Gun +2, d8
    Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
    Active Enhancements: none
    In hand: Claw/Claw


  • #5
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Songdragon
    Saranna looks at Arianna who seemed to have issues walking into the room and she was going to be the muscle for the small group... and thinks to herself,"There must be more to this one than one sees." She makes no outward expression of her concerns or interest. She takes a bite of her simple roast beast and cheese sandwich.

  • #6
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore HolyMan

    Ioseph Vors, human cleric 1

    Ioseph casts about looking unsure. He watches and listens in silence but something seems odd about this to him. When called 'Man of Light' he nods and says humbly, "I serve the Lord of Light, Helerion."

    Ioseph takes off his pack and the hammer from it's baldric. He sits them down before quietly sitting down next to them as Saranna and Arianna speak up introductions. "I am Ioseph Vors. Servant of Helerion on a humble pilgrimage to help those in need of assistance, protection, or any other aid I am capable of granting. I have no reason to doubt what you have said.... um Master Gnome, but I wonder. Why have called a group of such odd individuals together? I mean why do you need so many to find your lost item for you?"

    Ioseph sits with his hands in his lap. His wooden holy symbol carved in the image of the sun sits on his chest tied around his neck by a frayed piece of rope.

    OCC: This will be Ioseph's first time working in a group. And his charisma is low wish to play it up.

    Mini Stats

    Initiative: +3
    AC: 18 (15 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 14/14
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

    Perception: +2, Sense Motive: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: warhammer (+0, 2d6+3, critx3)

    Special Abilities:
    Channel Energy(positive, 1d6): 5/5
    Deflection Aura: 1/1
    Strength Surge (+1): 5/5

    Spells
    Orisons: Guidance, Stablize, Virtue
    1st Level: Shield of Faith, Magic Weapon, d- Shield

    ______________________________________
    Last edited by HolyMan; Friday, 19th August, 2011 at 03:41 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #7
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Qik
    The gnome smiles widely at the holy man's question. "Ahh, there are many answers to that question, many answers indeed..." he says, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. After a brief pause, he lays his hands out on the table, palms up, in a gesture of resignation, and continues. "As I mentioned, I have struggled to divine the identity of those responsible for the theft of my magical tools. This correspondence is not an accident: my ability to divine is in part dependent on the tools which I make use of. If I am to have any hope of ascertaining the location of these items, I will need some help." He looks slowly around the room. "This is why I queried Fate to identify and locate individuals capable of assisting me in my task. It was this inquiry which led me to this tavern, to you four. If you do indeed possess the knowledge and skills that I believe you do, I will be able to harness and amplify those abilities to help me discern the location of my divinatory tools. Furthermore, I believe that your eclectic abilities will be necessary in obtaining my belongings." With this last statement, the gnome's gaze lingers especially on Saranna Surefoot. "Of course, you shall be handsomely rewarded for your assistance."

    "But first...I must be shown that you truly do possess the abilities that I seek. So, my friends....give me a glimpse of your wondrous capabilities." With this last statement, the gnome leans back in his chair and eyes the group expectantly.

    OOC: Right...Skill Challenge No.1.

    You are to demonstrate your abilities to the gnome, either as individuals or as a group. The ways in which this can be done are pretty open ended, so I'll just list some ideas here; if you want to try something else out, feel free. Creativity and especially good RPing will net your bonuses to your rolls.

    - You could try to impress the gnome with your knowledge by rolling one of those skills. These checks should be performed individually (i.e. no Aid Another).

    - You could simply tell the gnome your story, which would merit a diplomacy, bluff, or even intimidation check, depending on your approach. These sorts of checks could be supplemented by Sense Motive or Perception rolls, which would provide cumulative Aid Another bonuses if successful. You could execute these sorts of actions as a group.

    - You could also execute a physical action if desired; let me know if you want to take this route, and we'll suss it out.

    On the whole, we're looking at 4 to 6 proper checks, plus additional ones if attempting to aid another (which I'd encourage, as every bit helps). Make sense?


  • #8
    Thuvian watches quietly, pondering the words of the others in the room."I am Thuvian Darklight, free lance mage. I manipulate reality in ways to make it hard for the weak minded to determine fact from fiction. I also dabble in historical research." At the request for a demonstration, he closes his eyes, and shortly there after, a glow appears around his body and to those watching it appears that he just cast mage armor, but in reality he had cast silent image (DC 16 to disbelieve).

    actions
    bluffing casting silent image to appear to cast mage armor

  • #9

    Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

    "Men, always wanting things up front." She sighs, "Very well." She stands and pulling a thong of leather from her belongings behind her chair, quickly braids and ties back her hair. Pushing the chair aside to give her more room, she starts singing softly in aquan while balancing on her tail.

    Picking up her cloak from the back of the chair, she dangles it between her audience and herself, dancing with it as a veil. With a sharp word, a quick blast of rain soaks the mermaid, making her silk shirt nearly disappear. The cloak only gives glimpses of her raw beauty as it dances before her.

    The song and swaying gets more intense, as the teasing and swaying of the cloak speeds up. Brief glimpses of her deep blue scales show them bubbling and multiplying as they climb up her body, moving on their own.

    Raising the cloak to hide completely behind it, the song grows even more intense. With a shriek, the cloak drops as a blue demon takes one thundering step forward and slams a claw down, piercing the table around the lone card upon it, while not touching it. Bulging muscles glisten and ripple, runners legs now support the "frail girl", and a massive tail swishes behind her.

    Leaning into the gnomes face, "How many creatures must I shred before you have your bauble!"


    actions
    stand, braid hair, cast Drench, distract men with boobs, ritual song and dance to summon eidolon, strike small area of inanimate object AC 10+1-5-2=4, intimidate
    Ugh! The dice roller hate me apparently!
    "Ow! I broke a nail!"
    comment reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jkason
    Now, is 'distract men with boobs' a free action, or a swift one? hehe.
    I would say it is a passive free action.
    But, as a move action, she would get a +2 masterwork tool bonus.
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Saturday, 20th August, 2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: replying to comment

  • #10
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Songdragon
    (( Will save 1d20+3=5))

    The halfling watches the teifling complete is magic and takes another bite out of her sandwich. She is about to take a drink of her ale when Arianna changes form into some beastly monster. She is taken aback and her hands moves to her rapier, "By Shocaun what are you?!"

    She eyes beast before them but settles some at the comment of a broken nail and seeing not big reactions from the others., "An interesting bunch of people you have found. I know not what skill I might show you here within this room. As I have mentioned I am an investigator, beyond my obligations." She seems guarded on what those obligations might be. "I tend to gather knowledge of what is happening in a locale or perhaps what certain peoples might be up too. I had considered asking others, " and she motions about the table to those assembled by the gnome, "If they might want to help, but I am not sure how skilled they might be."

    "There is a few places within Venza that I am aware (know: local roll 14) that might have the right, how shall we say... character about it that might be ripe of the right rumors or perhaps tidbit of information." the hafling says.

    She stands and asks, "If I might have a short amount of time, and perhaps some help (diplomacy 12)," She looks to the gnome and the others, "We might discover something of note to show that we might be up to Mr. Gnome's standards."

    She then looks about at the others, including the gnome, to see if there anything that might be gleaned from them before they answer... (Perception 9)

    "I am off to see what I can find then... if anyone wishes to join, they are more then welcome. I shall return, shortly." she bows and then departs...

    The gnome with anyone that might follow heads from some of those spots she has learned might be good for gathering some information. She then moves about in a confident manner (bluff 19) when she really is not at this point... She looks for the right people... (perception 22) and starts talking to them about Venza and what might be of interest (diplomacy: gather information 22 &23).

    The gnome will return in an hour with what she has learned...

    (( Knowledge (local) 1d20+6=14; Diplomacy1d20+7=12; Perception 1d20+8=9 Egads, it's just getting worse... ; Bluff 1d20+7=19; Perception 1d20+8=22; Diplomacy (gather information with Follow Up ability) 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=22; Gather Information time 1d4=1 hour. Perhaps it might have worked out in the end ))

    Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats
    Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
    Hallfing Rogue 1
    Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
    Conditions: n/a
    AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
    HP: 8 of 8
    CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
    In Hand: light shield
    Last edited by Songdragon; Friday, 19th August, 2011 at 03:49 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Uncertain about composite functions.
      By Biojar in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th February, 2011, 10:24 PM
    2. Twilight, the Uncertain Knight, and the Distressed Damsel
      By Jack7 in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th January, 2010, 10:27 PM
    3. Replies: 1
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd May, 2008, 11:39 AM
    4. Whereabouts?
      By Dispater in forum Meta
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th January, 2002, 05:57 PM
    5. Whereabouts?
      By Dispater in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 19th January, 2002, 05:47 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •