[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Qik

First Post
Saranna's once-over doesn't reveal any more danger, but the wizened old wizard steps in anyway, and before the halfling rogue can speak, the man reaches for the protrusion. No sooner does he exert an ounce of pressure than another arrow comes flying from the same direction, catching the man in the thigh and creating a nasty wound that, although not fatal, is clearly serious. As it gets tended to, the gnome observes, perhaps unnecessarily, that "It appears as though there's more to this trap than a single arrow."

[sblock=OOC]Relic takes 9 damage, although I'm sure the booze eased the pain a bit. ;)[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic sits down in a quickly growing pool of his own blood and stares at the arrow.

"Lets shtop playing with the door, now, shall we? Where are theshe arrows coming from? Anyone shee?"

Relic peers towards the direction he figures the arrow must have come from based on the angle of entry of the arrow sticking in his thigh.

"Why don't one of you go have a look over there for the dangeroush part of the trap, pleash."

jbear

First Post
Relic drinks back the potion with a gulp. He then reaches into the folds of his cloak and hands Daylilly a potion as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

He furrows his brow looking at his leg, not really understanding why the wound hasn't closed. His eyes widen at last in understanding. He snaps the head off the arrow that has pierced through to the back of his leg and pulls the shaft out the other side. Wincing as he gets back to his feet he shakes his shaggy head trying desperately to clear the muck inside.

He mumbles something that sounds a bit like: "How does that thingamajig go again"

The simple spell finally returns to his lips and his focus begins to return, the fog washed away by the gentle push of the magic. He extends his hands in search of magical energy.

OOC: Relic casts Detect Magic, initially at the door and then sweeping around the room as systematically as he can manage.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
OOC: @jbear Haha! I just checked your character sheet. I thought you only had the one potion. Serves you right, though.

Daylily leans on his earthbreaker. "When you is tire of look, letting me know, and I wills make smash the table-thing with hammer."

jbear

First Post
OOC: Lol! Yeah, I had a feeling it was still trapped and I didn't want the poor halfling with another arrow in the head. I figured Relic could take a hit. It seems that Qik is rolling pretty high on his dmg rolls as well. It's hard for me to imagine Relic playing too smart til he can sober up properly. And as we said we were going to back seat I thought taking an arrow was a good contribution :)

Qik

First Post
Arianna makes her way in the direction of the right-hand wall, where both arrows came from. Methodically, the eidolon-bond merfolk scans the walls, dilapidated pews, and various other debris for anything that looks out of the ordinary. The first thing she spots in this regard is a small slit at the top of the right-hand wall, about 25 feet up - almost assuredly where the arrows originated. Searching further, she also spots a small protrusion from the base of one of the pews in the front row, the relatively new metal of which seems out of place against the weathered wooden pew. Leaning down, she inspects it carefully, and, finding nothing that seems cause for concern, she turns the discreet handle. With a groan, a small section of the stone floor against the back wall retracts, exposing a gloomy stair case. The group moves into position to peer down into its depths, where they can see the faint torch light illuminating the base of the stairwell. Gazing into the dark with the others, the gnome says, "I believe myself and Master Crea will be remaining up here." Wordless with fear at the prospect of what awaits below, Phedilo can only nod his agreement.

[sblock=OOC]My apologies for playing out Arianna's actions a bit, Satin, but she beat the DC to find the bypass switch and I felt it would be best to move things a long, in the interest of speed.

The stairwell lasts for about 50 feet before reaching the bottom; although it's gloomy, between the light from the church and the light streaming in below, sight won't be much of a problem. It also appears that once you do get down to the bottom, things will be relatively well-lit. The stairwell itself is about 10' wide.

Marching order, too, please.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]No problem on running Arianna any time. I hate taking three days to get through a door.[/sblock] "So six goons can walk in the front door and kidnap both of you this time? Are you sure?"

"Since I can see better than the rest of you in these shadows, I will take point." With the expected rather short corridors down there, she opts for the spear in hand this time.[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds, 39 spear gun bolts,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, 4 days rations
Spent: 100 gp of her 125 gp share of the fancy chest sale for the 2 LRE