[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Let us now when you are set to advance the thread we will need to exit the Dunn Wright through that thread as well.

Qik

First Post
The gnome is pleased at everyone's willingness to aid him in his task, and shortly thereafter bids the quartet good eve.

Saranna is pleasantly surprised to find that the gnome has left instructions for her meal (and that of the others) to be put on his tab. Not too long after she begins to eat, Arianna joins her, with Ioseph and Thuvian joining the others once they've completed their morning rituals. No sooner has the last of the four finished their meal than the gnome emerges from upstairs, ready to set out.

The group begins their trek, Arianna and Thuvain up front, Ioseph and Saranna following a short ways behind, with the gnome walking in the center of the group, clearly enjoying having what amounts to an entourage, if only for a little while. His directions lead the group into ever-increasingly forested terrain. After a certain time, the gnome smiles and remarks, "A visit to the city is always nice, but it is good to be in the forest again. It's the forest where my magic comes from." As he speaks, his dancing eyes gleam.

After a time, the party arrives at the mouth of a small cave. The gnome gestures. "It is only a short way through the cave; my home lies on the other side. I keep the interior lit well enough, so we needn't worry about such things. Shall we proceed?"

[sblock=OOC]I'll put a post up in the DWI thread; you can of course add one of your own if you'd like.

Just a few book-keeping things:

- sunshadow and HM, do you want to keep the spells prepared that you have listed on the wiki?

- SK, I assume Arianna is in her merged form (would slow down travel a lot, otherwise); let me know if I'm mistaken.

I'd appreciate a perception roll from each of you with your next post.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"From the forest you say? Is your art, of a arcane nature? Or perhaps that similar to druids?" Saranna asks of the gnome.

As they near the cave the halfling takes up her crossbow to be sure it is loaded. She looks about attempting to being watchful.

(( Perception 1d20+8=10))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats]Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 8 of 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
In Hand: light crossbow (+4, 1d6 dmg) [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

Walking through town, Arianna keeps her cloak buttoned, and hood pulled up so as the minimize the chances of her being called a demon by an angry mob. This is not the the time to slowly meander in town. Once out of town and in the forest, she pulls back the hood and sweeps the cloak back over her shoulders, enjoying the sunshine and breeze. Her long spear serves double duty as a walking stick.

"What's that?" as she points to a furry little creature with a bushy tail, climbing a tree. The gnome informs her that is just a squirrel. "Well, there are many of them watching us as we pass."

[sblock=ooc]Fused? Yes. Cloaked in town, and almost always in fused form. It is still fairly new to her, and very liberating.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]AriannaMermaid ~ Perception 2, Sense Motive 2, Low Light Vision
HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: none
In hand: none

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 0 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception 10, Sense Motive 2, Darkvision and Low Light Vision
HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Long Spear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
In hand: Long Spear [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The gnome ponders Saranna's comments. "Hmm...I am certainly no druid - I bath too much for that - but yes, there is something about the forest that contributes to my practice. For the same reason that you can cross over into the land of the fey at dusk if you know where to look...there is just something about certain times and places that make them particularly apt to practice the arcane."

At Arianna's comments, he chuckles. "Have no fear, my dear merwoman; the squirrels are only curious, nothing more. It's a good thing too, as they outnumber greatly," he adds, continuing his laughter.

sunshadow21

Explorer
After an examination of the book given to him, Thuvian settles in for a good night's sleep, and is amongst the last ready to go in the morning, having to give Nora a small snack before departing as he meditated. He travels quietly, taking stock of both his employer and his fellow adventurers. At the mention of squirrels, a small head pokes out of the head of his backpack, which starts to observe the wildlife as the party travels. At the cave, Thuvian shows a complete lack of concern over the presence or absence of light, waiting for the party to proceed in his usual quiet.

Qik

First Post
Slowly, the party makes their way into the cave; the torches interspersed periodically allow even Ioseph to see comfortably. After 50 or so feet, the cave takes a sharp turn to the right, then straightens out for a stretch. Up ahead, the group can see the tunnel turn again, this time to the left. "My home lies in a small clearing just beyond that bend," says the gnome. As they make their way deeper into the tunnel, Thuvian suddenly hears an odd sound, like the scraping of a foot in the gravel. Looking to his right, he sees three small forms huddled in the darkness. "Ambush!" he cries. From there, many things happen at once.

Quick as a flash, the gnome waves his hands, and disappears from the spot he was standing; it seems this fight is yours alone. The three figures Thuvian spotted emerge from the shadows, enough so that the group gets a good look at their ugly blue faces. Almost in tandem, the three launch a trio of darts at the tiefling; to his dismay, all three find their mark. They're small enough that their individual wounds are slight, but the collective effect is nonetheless lethal.

Simultaneously, another trio of ugly blue creatures emerges to the group's left. Two of them take swipes at Arianna with their daggers, but miss their mark. The third attempts to throw another dart, but isn't nearly as successful as his compatriots; the dart soars over her head and clatters harmlessly against the far wall.

[sblock=Knowledge (Nature) DC 10]You identify the creatures as evil fey known as Mites.[sblock=Knowledge (Nature) DC 15]You recall that Mites have minor damage resistance to common weapon materials, and possess a spell-like ability that allows them to unnerve their foes, which can impair one's abilities. [sblock=Knowledge (Nature) DC 20]You know quite a bit about mites.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Crunch]I didn't get a perception roll for Thuvian, so I rolled one myself: natural 20.

Thuvian takes 5 damage. Kind of makes me feel guilty; I never roll that good.

Gnome casts Invisibility; he's a-runnin'.

Think that covers it; you're up, gang.[/sblock][sblock=Map]My apologies about the grid; forgot to call it up before I laid everything out, which accounts for the funky numbers. Didn't think it was enough of a problem to warrant shifting everything.

cave-map.png
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

The little creatures got in too close, too fast to be poked with a stick, so Arianna drops her spear and attacks naturally, splitting her attacks. Both land solidly.
[sblock=actions]free action: drop spear, full action: full attack, left claw to A5, right claw to A6[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]AriannaMermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Low Light Vision
HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
In hand: none

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 0 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception +10, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision and Low Light Vision
HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Long Spear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
In hand: Claw/Claw[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
In a flash, Arianna shreds the two mites who had stepped up in a feeble attempt to challenge her, as the others move to revenge Thuvian's wounds...

[sblock=OOC]Two down, four to go. Ioseph, Thuvian, and Saranna to act. Map updated.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
cave-map1.png
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling woman moves to the side and fires at one of the blue creatures with her crossbow.

((Move to D-3, Range Attack at Blue Guy (suggestion: number the baddies for next time) in D-8 ... 1d20+4=22 for 1d6=2 dmg ))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats]Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 8 of 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
In Hand: light crossbow (+4, 1d6 dmg) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases