[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian steps forward as he forces the shadows arround the uninjured zombie to coalesce and form a solid barrier of darkness between it and it's surroundings, hoping that will be enough to give Daylily a cleaner shot through to the robed figure

[sblock=actions]move to F1
standard acton to use Binding Darkness on uninjured zombie (if successful, it entangles the zombie for this round, and serves as concealment to any one that can't see in the dark somehow.[/sblock]

[sblock=Thuvian's mini stats]
Thuvian Darklight
Initiative: +3
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +4(6 vs illusions)

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow (+4/1d8)
Notable Effects: Mage Amor

Binding Darkness, +4 ranged touch attack, 6/day, 5 left
Darkness 1/day
Spells Remaining
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Shield, Vanish[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna moves quickly up to the shadow encased zombie and darts to one side with a quick tumble.

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Actions & Stats]Move Action: move
Standard Action: move (move to E4 30ft and tumble to F5 10ft) end in F5 (tumble to avoid AoOs 1d20+10=27)
Swift Action:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:

Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +9
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 of 14
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +3
In Hand: rapier (+6, 1d4, 18/x2) & shield[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As Arianna impales the lifeless foe, Saranna moves nimbly into position. From behind the column, Relic is unable to get a clear shot, and his frost ray fires over the head of the zombie. Meanwhile, Thuvian is able to conjure the shadows at the base of one of the columns to ensnare the other zombie.
[sblock=OOC]Just to be sure: Arianna was attacking Z2, and Thuvian was ensnaring Z1?

Either way, Arianna causes 5 damage.

jbear, Relic's current position provides cover (+4 AC of target), which is why he missed.

sunshadow (and anyone else who is more rules adept than I) - binding darkness lasts for "1 round plus 1 additional round for every five wizard levels you possess." So is that 1 round total, or 2, for a first level character?

Systole to act, then the baddies are up.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily charges at the southern zombie, hammer raised high.

Bringing it down with a vengeance, he smiles wickedly at the green-cloaked man. "I is make you next!"

[sblock=ooc]Daylily's original barbarian chew wore off during the church trip, and I forgot to mention him re-upping. However, it's been his typical preparation. Any issue with a minor retcon?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 18
Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +0

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 10 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker
Current Conditions in Effect: Rage, lingering rage (?), charge (-2 AC)
Rage Remaining: 3[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Arianna hit Z2, aka Mr. Pancake. Always round down fractions, honoring the minimum 1 when mentioned. (Summoners had a feat FAQ ruling that breaks the standard rule. Now that has been rewritten again to do away with the exception.) So the binding darkness lasts one round, through to the start of Thuvian's next action.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Although clearly shaken at seeing his minion dealt with so easily, the hooded man sneers back at Daylily. "You may have your strength, elf, but I will soon possess your mind." As he moves towards the group, the two skeletal archers let arrows fly at Daylily, one of which finds its mark, burying itself in his shoulder; the barbarous elf barely registers its impact in the fog of war.

As the hooded man approaches, the group is surprised to see how young he is. Setting his feet, he begins to mutter an incantation, crescendoing to a scream of "...MURDER!" as he lets loose a stream of blood-red light. The light surrounds Daylily, and for a moment, the elf feels an incredibly strong urge to lash out at either of his comrades within arm's reach. He is able to fight off the urge, however, and the cloaked young man is visibly distraught. He signals to one of the skeletons, and it rushes up in front of him, dropping its bow its feet and barring its claws in order to defend its master.

The remaining zombie, meanwhile, lashes out, restricted though he is by Thuvian's shadows, and connects with Daylily for a sizable blow.[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the delay; I was working on my post when the site gave out. :(

Daylily is hit for 2 damage by the archer and 9 by the zombie; fortunately for him (and Arianna & Saranna), he makes his will save against Murderous Command.

Skeleton 1 has dropped his bow, and is now "wielding" his claws.

Also, Sys, I'm totally fine retconing the barbarian chew - I hate it when I forget little actions like that; it's hard to keep track of everything in pbp.

Thanks for the info, SK - it was that very summoner's feat which had me second guessing myself. Good to know they're going to reword it.

You guys are up.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
lair-22.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Be careful Daylilly!!" shouts Relic loudly a touch of panic in his voice. "He would use your strength against us! He may well be able to cast that spell against your mind again!"

Unsure whether to attempt to clear Daylilly's path or distract the necromancer Relic hesitates momentarily contemplating the darkness surrounding the remaining zombie. His snaps his rheumy eyes onto the caster who he decides is an immeadiate and deadly threat. A tingle at the base of his skull causes him to hold back the spell that immeadiately springs to his lips. Desperately he tries to glean some information from his foe despite the headache pounding upon his temples before it is too late.

OOC: What does Relic need to roll to identify the race of the young hooded man. Does he speak with an accent that Relic might recognise his native tongue? (I'll roll Kn: geography for the accent as DC 10 means I could achieve it untrained, right? Is this the case with Nature or would I have to be trained? I'm going to roll Kn: Religion to identify any religious paraphenalia he might be wearing. Is Kn: Local relevant to identifying his race? Basically Qik ... is he an elf? ;)

If nothing Relic perceives suggests to him the man is elven, he will proceed:

Decision grips the wrinkles of his face and his fingers set upon his component pouch. Moments later in a flurry of sand and petals a small insect leaps from the wizard's hand towards their deadly foe as he mumbles a prayer of hope to the Wind.

"Arenat Rosat Saltamontat ... Dormat!"

[sblock=Actions] Relic casts Sleep on the Necromancer. If his position in some way might affect the spell he will move to D1 to get a perfect line of sight on him. Otherwise he stays put. I was tempted to use Shocking Grasp on the Zombie and with the hope between the others we could down it to give Daylily a clear path but I didn't know how the darkness he is wrapped in might affect my chances to hit ... and if the guy has another one of those spells up his sleeve, one hit from Daylily can probably outright kill any of us. And its only a lvl 1 spell, so he could easily have another use of it. So ... sorry if this works and causes an anti-climax ... but the situation seems very dangerous. I prefer anti-climax to dead :) . [/sblock]

[sblock=Relic] Lvl 2 Human Wizard
HP: 17/17
AC: 16 Touch 12 FlatFooted 14
Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Daze, Light
Lvl 1: Mage Armour: USED; Shocking Grasp; Sleep; Colour Spray
Bonded Ring:
Lightning Flash 6/7 uses left today
Wand of Sleep: (50) charges
Consumables: 3/5 CLW Potions
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Relic]You can tell that the man is clearly human. You also spotted a tattoo on the back of his hand which matches a holy symbol of a group known as "The Ears of the Whisperer," a shadowy group loosely associated with the halfling god Issolatha (note: the others have been aware of this group's involvement for a long time now).

The spell he cast was Murderous Command, a divine spell which only lasts for a few seconds, but compels its victim to attack its allies during that time.[/sblock]

As Relic's sleep spell hits the cloaked man, the wizard is dismayed to see that he barely falters. Sneering, the hooded figure yells out, "You'll have to do better than that, old man!"

OOC: I can understand preferring anti-climax to dead. ;) However, in this case, the drama continues, as the man made his will save.

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling zips across the battlefield to the other side of the hall near another pillar and huddles down to make herself a small target while she waits for her opening...

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Actions & Stats]Move Action: move to c-7
Standard Action: total defence
Swift Action:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:

Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +9
Conditions: n/a
AC: 21 (18 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 of 14
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +3
In Hand: rapier (+6, 1d4, 18/x2) & shield[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian decides to let his companions get the caster's focus as he tries to stealthily relocate himself somewhere where he can actually use most of his abilities on the caster.

[sblock=actions]Standard action to cast Vanish (see bluff roll below)
Move to f6[/sblock]

[sblock=Thuvian's mini stats]
Thuvian Darklight
Initiative: +3
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +4(6 vs illusions)

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow (+4/1d8)
Notable Effects: Mage Amor, Vanish (1 round remaining)

Binding Darkness, +4 ranged touch attack, 6/day, 5 left
Darkness 1/day
Spells Remaining
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Shield[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases