Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block nedjer

Friend+
    My communities:

Corruption

Corruption clones and remixes the original rules published by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson in 1974. The game focuses on challenge-based gameplay and support for step-by-step adventure- and campaign-building. Corruption is a Swords and Wizardry variant, but contains lots of new/ extra content that's useable with any Old School RPG system.

The game also sets out options for rapidly shaping gameplay to offer gritty, heroic adventures – with a comic book ‘dark’ flavour. This involves facing difficult opponents in dangerous settings; but is not about violent or horror gameplay.

Corruption is an expanded take on cut-down clone Renegade, (see below). It's suitable for teenagers and adults.

Renegade

Renegade is a slimmed-down but full version of Corruption. The game is free to download and offers a straightforward take on the original rules, which is ideal for introducing new players to RPGs and delivering open-ended gameplay.

Renegade adds to the basic recipe with a wide range of character classes, items and monsters drawn from many OGL sources. There is also a strong emphasis on step-by-step support for adventure- and campaign-building. As a result, the game particularly encourages challenge-based play.

The content has been edited to keep the game family-friendly. This editing removes a few monsters and more destructive options that can cause some parents concern.
    Last edited by nedjer; Tuesday, 19th June, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Sanglorian

Friend+
    My communities:

I keep a list of retroclones under public copyright licences over at my wiki, the FOSsil Bank. I think it would be useful to mark which of the games on this page are under the Open Game License/another public copyright licence like one of the Creative Commons licences.

However, I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. One line: 'The text of this game is licensed under the Open Game License'? Or just putting '(OGL)' after the titles of the relevant games? I'm happy to add the notation, but I'd like to know what method you folks recommend first.

Frazzled
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Reviews
    Read 23 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Sanglorian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I keep a list of retroclones under public copyright licences over at my wiki, the FOSsil Bank. I think it would be useful to mark which of the games on this page are under the Open Game License/another public copyright licence like one of the Creative Commons licences.

However, I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. One line: 'The text of this game is licensed under the Open Game License'? Or just putting '(OGL)' after the titles of the relevant games? I'm happy to add the notation, but I'd like to know what method you folks recommend first.
    My suggestion would be the latter, with a footnote to explain what that means to those not familiar with the term.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block ancientvaults

Friend+
    And let's not forget us poor little bloggers that contribute spells, monsters, magic items and the like! I wrote a daily content blog for three straight years that can be used with OD&D-1E and S&W, LL, the BFRPG, etc.

Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets

Not the only one at this, either. Several other bloggers, including a recent addition, contribute material for people to use in their games.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Sanglorian

Friend+
    My communities:

I've added the licensing details for all of the retroclones, and added a section on recent projects to clone 4th edition D&D. Obviously, these aren't retro, but they are clones!

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Forgotten RealmsPlanescapeRokuganD&D

Block Li Shenron

Friend+
    My communities:

This page is a great reference, thank you guys!!

@Morrus, since the 3ed SRD are also included, I was wondering if also these pages might be useful to those couple of dozens people (like me) who still play 3.0:

Dragon.ee 3.0 SRD
    Zombler.org 3.0 SRD

They are HTML versions of the 3.0 SRD, much more user-friendly than their RTF originals (the two webpages have practically identical content, just the look & feel is different).

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Tav_Behemoth

Friend+
    My communities:

I've updated the entry for Adventurer Conqueror King to reflect that it is 100% open content except for a few terms related to its implied campaign setting, the Auran Empire. Balancing that limitation is that there is a public compatibility license provided, which (among other things) lets you specifically cite when you are reusing content from the Adventurer Conqueror King System - this having long been a pet peeve of mine about the implementation of the OGL.

Sanglorian, you might want to update your awesome site accordingly!

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Sanglorian

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Tav_Behemoth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Sanglorian, you might want to update your awesome site accordingly!
    Thanks Tav_Behemoth, I've made a page for Adventurer, Conquerer, King on my wiki. I'm not sure why I thought that it was unlicensed.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayCMG

Block Mark CMG

Friend+
    My communities:

Might be worth adding this SRD link for Swords & Wizardry as it is now seeing further development under Frog God Games -

http://www.d20swsrd.com/

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayCMG

Block Mark CMG

Friend+
    My communities:

And here's a page worth watching for others -

http://www.retroroleplaying.com/content/retro-clones

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast