DT's The Undiscovered Frontier

Shayuri

First Post
Hm

Well, we could try it. Most classes have relatively few skill points per level, so they're not likely to do more than dabble in skills that don't make sense for their class...

Though you will see certain skills appearing on everyone's list. UMD is one. Spot and Listen are another two.

Anyway, I'd really like to try a Beguiler. Now I just have to decide between gnome and tiefling.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok, let's run with the skills idea then. All skills are available as if they were class skills for all classes.

So far it looks like we have a beguiler and an archer.

Fenris

Adventurer
I think Queenie may be leaning towards an Aasimar sorcerer.

I am leaning towards a Frostfolk barbarian/favored soul.

Which makes me wonder DT, what pantheon(s) are you using?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Actually, pick any god you want. I like the Lankhmar concept of thousands of household gods.

So now we have:

-catman archer
-gnome or tiefling beguiler
-aasimar sorcerer
-frostfolk barbarian/favored soul

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I have no preference, but you might find the nature concept to have limited use during some parts of the campaign, though I plan on starting the first part in a somewhat wooded and the second portion of the first chapter in a jungle environment. A blasting warlock, however, always has a use. Admittedly, so does the druid's shapechange ability and his spells that allow him to warp metal and wood.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Well...3.5 hasn't got a 'feytouched' template or race that I can see...so I'll go with a gnome with a stat bump to Intelligence for a Beguiler.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
A tiefling is always based on the human template. Is there a way to make a gnomish tiefling beguiler? Maybe swap the 0-level natural gnome spells with a few fire-based or cold-based ones?

Shayuri

First Post
Hah! Not that I'm aware of. And honestly, I'm going for a more 'fey' flavor than an infernal one. Even in 3.5, gnomes have a kind of fey feel to them, I'll just play that up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases