DT's The Undiscovered Frontier

Blood and Honor

First Post
Ok, when you said 5th level including the +1 LA, I thought that meant 4 levels then the LA. My bad. I'll get on it tomorrow more likely. I'm just reading and posting as needed right now.

I would like to leave the ranks in Know (Local) and Know (History) if thats alright.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I was checking the sheet, and I've spent the 32 points in skills. I rearrange the skills in the sheet so it can be read better.

Shayuri

First Post
A trait! My apologies, I thought the +2 to an attribute was the only option. I have that listed under the race traits.

What else could be taken though, in lieu of the attribute boost? Just for curiosity's sake?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I was considering an extra feat instead of the attribute boost, but I think the attribute boost a better deal. Earlier you had mentioned that you might go with a racial trait, so it wasn't clear to me that you decided upon the straight up attribute boost. I got it now.

GlassEye

Adventurer
DeuceTraveler said:
GlassEye, I'm going to wait on looking the character over since you are likely to change to a goliath PC. I very much like the druid (shapeshifter) idea for this campaign.

Changed my mind. Partly because I've been sick and I just don't have the mental energy to make the change but also because I realized the only reason I wanted to change was for 'optimizing' the character. Mephling does what I want it to do so I'll stick with it. Which means all I have left (that I know of) is equipment and choosing prepared spells.

Fenris

Adventurer
Fenris, I'm lacking the source book that has Frost Folk. Can you send me an link to a wiki page where I can reference its stats? I know you have the stat block in your character sheet, but I was also looking for a secondary source of reference.

DT, I don't see it in the Wiki (but it is in the index, but apparently it is not Open Content). I first found it in the Crystal Keep Race Index. If that is not adequate it will take a few more days to get direct confirmation for you.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fenris, I did some research on the Frost Folk race and I'm going to have to say no to it. It has HD levels and is meant to be a much more powerful character race than a simple level adjustment +1 character.

The Frost Folk race is +1 to LA, and has 4 HD. With 5 character class levels, your frost folk character is the equivalent of a weaker level 10 character with a LA 0 race. Even without the 4 HD the character would be overpowered because the writers tweaked its racial bonuses in order to make it attractive in a game for higher level play.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Fenris

Adventurer
Fenris, I did some research on the Frost Folk race and I'm going to have to say no to it. It has HD levels and is meant to be a much more powerful character race than a simple level adjustment +1 character.

The Frost Folk race is +1 to LA, and has 4 HD. With 5 character class levels, your frost folk character is the equivalent of a weaker level 10 character with a LA 0 race. Even without the 4 HD the character would be overpowered because the writers tweaked its racial bonuses in order to make it attractive in a game for higher level play.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

No prob. I absolutely understand. As I saw other characters this one did seems a bit over the top in comparison. But it was +1 LA :p letter of the law and all that :lol: let me hit the books again to find a new race.

Fenris

Adventurer
No prob. I absolutely understand. As I saw other characters this one did seems a bit over the top in comparison. But it was +1 LA :p letter of the law and all that :lol: let me hit the books again to find a new race.

OK DT, a sketch is up in the RG for you to look at. I went with an Aasimar Paladin (of Freedom)/Favored Soul. Still needs a little work, but take a look.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases