D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: The Missing Professor (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Looking for a Judge) - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 433
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    "A week... bah. As long as you bring it to destination safely. It is not a worthy death to get drown on the sea." replies Gloom to the captain. "So, do you that professor we are seeking... I don't even remember the name."

    Gloom's Stats
    Gloom
    Longtooth Shifter Paladin 10
    Initiative +5
    Passive Insight 27; Passive Perception 22; Senses Low-Light
    HP 81/81; THP 0; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 11
    AC 26; Fortitude 23; Reflex 18; Will 23
    Speed 5
    Action Points: 1

    Current Effects: None

    Basic Attack: Blood Fury Fullblade +16 vs AC 1d12+10 damage

    [ ]Ardent Strike
    [ ]Holy Strike
    [ ]Divine Challenge
    [ ]Iron Wolf Warrior

    [ ]Longtooth Shifting
    [ ]Iron Wolf Charge
    [ ]Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle or Divine Strength)
    [ ]Heedless Fury
    [ ]Fortune Spurred Smite
    [ ]Crescent Moon
    [ ]Benediction

    [5]Ardent Vow
    [ ]Blood of the Mighty
    [ ]Frenzying Smite
    [ ]Death Angel
    [ ]Aspect of Ferocity

    [ ]Blood Fury Fullblade [E]
    [ ]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [E]
    [ ]Verve Layered Plate Armor [D]
    [ ]Frost Gauntlet [D]
    [ ]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [D]
    [ ]Belt of Lauto Righteousness (Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness) [D]
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

 

  • #12
    Wow a boat! I haven't been on a boat since... he trails off mid sentence, he did not like to think about those days.

    ooc

    Added mercenary theme to Draglin


    Updated Draglin Stat Block

    Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 8
    Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 14
    AC 25, Fort 22, Reflex 21, Will 15
    HP 68/68 Bloodied 34 Surge Value 17, Surges 9/9
    Speed 6, Initiative +8
    Action Points: 1

    Basic Attack Short Sword; +16, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

    Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
    Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
    Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

    Footwork Lure
    Dual Strike

    Combat Challenge

    Distracting Spate
    Battle Fury Stance
    Rain of Blows
    Kirre's Roar
    Dragon Breath
    Feral Hide Armor +2
    Amulet of Life +1

    Bravo
    Takedown Strike
    Second Wind

    Tempest Dance
    Rain of Steel
    Quick Short Sword +2


    Special: Draglin gains +1 to hot and +2 to damage when bloodied.

    Current Effects:
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #13
    Dante listens as he scouts around the ship, preferring to know his battlefield should he have to fight on it.

    OOC: Dante will have the Mercenary theme as well. I tried to apply it to Dante, but there was an SQL error so... he'll have it later.

  • #14
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max adjusts some of the scales on his new suit of armor. Satisfied, he turns to Alberent. Once we get there I'm sure that we'll have to ask around for information vital to our mission. How does one...gain...information in this city?
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #15
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    "So, do you know that professor we are seeking... I don't even remember the name."
    "Who, Professor Aramista?" Alberent's eyes shoot wide, "Of course, we all know him. He's the headmaster of the Uni. He's been there for longer than most people can remember. Some of'em joke that he's as old as the city." Albarent points to himself with his thumb, "Taught me History when I was in school. Really smart fellow that one."
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    How does one...gain...information in this city?
    "Well," the First Mate shrugs, "Until a few weeks ago, I'd point you to old Blagarm at the Crystal Mug. That's the pub on the harbor. Blagarm Barblacken knows, or rather knew, everything that goes on in Rioc Alair, but he's the one they found housing the ruffians. Now his son runs the place, under close Night Watch supervision. People aren't as loose with their conversation any more, but you might get some information there." He pauses, "You might be able to talk to old Blagarm in his dungeon cell. Might not be too cooperative, but it's worth a try." Still concentrating, Alberent offers, "You might try looking through Professor Aramista's office. We tried, but I can't say we made the best go of it before we gave up." A high whistle blows, and Alberent's head jerks up, "Gotta go. We're shoving off." He politely excuses himself and returns to the poop deck.

    The conversations with the crew wear on as the journey continues. The party learns that they might find information at the Crystal Mug. They also learn that a not-so-secret-any-more room in the cellar of the Crystal Mug used to be the den from which the recently busted thieving ring used to conduct their work.

    In addition to this, they learn that Professor Aramista's office was not thoroughly searched because of the interruption this would pose to those trying to continue University work without the professor. Sessions, however, ended only recently after Jahred and his men left for Daunton, so the search can resume when the party arrives.

    On the fourth day at sea, having set a southwesterly course, The Beacon turns its sails into some rough-looking weather, "Wall cloud to the west!" comes the call from the crows nest.

    As the heralded storm approaches, it becomes clear that this is no ordinary gale. The temperature and humidity quickly increase to oppressive levels, and the sea goes unnaturally calm. Just before the cloud-gloom shadows the ship, the sails go slack, and she coasts to a dead stop in the water.

    "Eyes open!" Jahred's voice is heard from poop deck, "They could come from anywhere!"

    True to the captain's words, as if materialized from the darkness itself, small vessels drift into view. The occupants of these small craft do not appear as if they are wanting conversation or charity. Their faces are emaciated. Their entrails are visible, hugged tight by malnurished skin. Their eyes are sunken and devoid of hope, yet they approach with iron determination.

    "Give'em hell boys!" Jahred, and the crew charge to the rail readying for the attack.
    Wide View Map
    Battle Map
    GM: I'll be needing tokens from you (top-down preferred). You may pick any starting position on the large ship. If your initiative is higher than that posted for the Bad Guys (below), then you do not need to wait for my signal to post an action.

    Deck Gun: There is a single deck gun on The Beacon. It goes off once every round.

    Swimming is per the PHB.

    Fighting in the small boats:
    Anyone fighting in the small boats must make a DC 15 Athletics check (no action required) to stay upright. Failure means that you fall prone in the boat. Failure by more than 5 (or a natural 1) means that you fall into the water.

    I will reveal enemy stats when it is their turn.

    Enemy Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #16
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    Gloom unsheat his fullblade and look at the creature. "It seems they have escaped Lauto's reach until now. I'll correct that problem." Gloom's eyes seems suddenly filled with rage.

    OOC
    Initiative (1d20+5=20)

    For a top down token, I don't have any. I don't even have one, DM usually give one. I can give you one if you wish, but it will be the portrait style token.

    Starting position will be O-3

    Edit:
    Minor: Blood Fury Fullblade => Gloom is considered Bloodied UEoNT
    Minor: Longtooth shifting => +2 damage until the end of the encounter, Regen 2 while bloodied until the end of the encounter
    Standard: Ready action => Ardent Strike on the first creature that come into melee reach.
    Last edited by Velmont; Friday, 26th August, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #17
    We're under attack! Draglin shouts. Looks like Greebles, what do you think Ms. Mab? he says pointing.

    ooc

    Init=17

    Edit: Draglin will start at p -2
    Last edited by Luinnar; Friday, 26th August, 2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added starting position
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #18
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    OOC: Please choose an icon for Max. Thanks.

    initiative roll: 21
    I'll post an action later on tonight as well as a statblock


    That didn't take long Max states as he grabs his shield and moves to a place where he can launch it at an attack, which he does.

    action

    minor: equip shield
    movement: move to p2
    attack: throwing shield 1d20+9 vs enemy L1 AC


    Statblocks

    Max, Male Human Bravura Warlord 9

    Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:16
    AC:25, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:21 -- Speed: 5
    HP:67/67, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:17, Surges left:8/8
    Initiative +5, Action Points:1
    Powers:
    *At Will Powers:
    **Commander's Strike
    **Brash Assault
    *Encounter Powers:
    **Heroic Effort
    **Inspriing Word 2
    **Battefront Shift
    **Vengence is Mine
    **Grit and Spittle
    **Second Wind
    **Walk it Off
    **Warlord's Strike
    **Lion's Roar
    **Armor power
    *Daily Powers:
    **Concentrated Attack
    **Stand the Fallen
    **Denying Mark
    **Davros Elden's Hasty resurgence
    **Shield Power
    **Boot Power
    **Sword Power

    MBA: +15 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage (Crit +2d8)
    Notes
    *Action Surge Feat: +3 bonus to attack rolls when spending an AP
    *Leand Meat Feat +1 bonus to ally attack rolls for any power granted by a warlord power
    *Armored Warlord Feat: +1 to amount of healing surges
    *Improved Bravura Feat: When an ally uses Max Bravura Presence, that ally gains either a +1 bonus to the attack roll or a +1 bonus to speed for the move action (ally's choice)
    *Stubborn Survivor Feat: +2 bonus to all saving throws when Max has no AP.
    *Belt of Vigor: +1 bonus to healing surge value
    *Bracers of Mighty Strike: +2 Damage bonus when using a basic melee attack
    *Circlet of Indomitability: +1 to Will
    *Badge of the Berserker: When Max charges he doesn't provoke OA's


    Spending an AP in the Presence of Max: Please Read


    Battlefront Leader Power

    Any ally within three squares of max can shift 1/2 movement speed as a free action.

    Bravura Presence

    When an ally Max sees spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll.

    If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, then the ally can choose to do the following after the AP action:
    * make a basic attack +1 to hit (due to feat: improved bravura)
    or
    * make a move action as a free action +1 added to ally's speed for movement (due to feat: improved bravura)

    If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

    Clearly worth the risk

    Last edited by dimsdale; Sunday, 28th August, 2011 at 05:03 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #19
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    OOC: For a top down token, I don't have any. I don't even have one, DM usually give one. I can give you one if you wish, but it will be the portrait style token.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    OOC: Please choose an icon for Max. Thanks.
    OOC: Daz3D it is then.
    *EDIT* Found some armor for Gloom
    I couldn't find a free plate mail model, but as soon as I do, I'll outfit him with the correct armor. For now, I'm lucky I found a fullblade. How's it look Velmont?




    Max is next.
    Last edited by H.M.Gimlord; Sunday, 28th August, 2011 at 03:12 AM.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #20
    Dante reacts instantly, detaching a kama and burying it deep in on of their foes with a flick of the wrist, as he drops the other to the deck, fumbling for it as the first returns to him.

    OOC: Wasn't expecting to have electricity, much less internets!

    Dante in Q -1, Virgil in Q -2.

    Also no top-down image. If you can find one of a ninja, that'll probably work.


    Actions
    Initiative: Using Vanous' Combined Awareness: 2d20(highest)+8=23
    Minor: Hunter's Quarry on L1.
    Standard: Twin Strike:
    *Free: Draw Spiked Chain
    *Attack 1: 1d20+13=CRIT vs L1, 2d6+16=22 damage(includes Hunter's Quarry and Ruby Scabbard). +1 damage if their swimming grants CA(don't have rules with me).
    *Attack 2: 1d20+13=NAT1 vs L1, to balance it out.
    Move: Shift to R -1, gain +1 AC/Ref TenT (Boots of the Fencing Master)

    Immediate Actions: Attacks on Virgil Draw OAs. First attack from enemy within 2 on Dante draws Disruptive Strike as an interrupt: 1d20+15 vs AC, 2d4+11 damage and -6 to the attack.
    No Action: The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends) from Counterstrike Armor.

    Status Effects: +1 AC/Ref

    Statblocks
    Dante, Male Human Ranger 9
    Passive Perception:22, Passive Insight:17
    AC:23, Fort:24, Reflex:23, Will:21 -- Speed:6
    HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:16, Surges left:6/6
    Initiative +7, Action Points:1
    Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Takedown Strike, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Attacks on the Run Healing Lore
    Items: Boots of the Fencing Master, Ruby Scabbard, Vanous' Combined Awareness, Casque of Tactics, Power Jewel
    MBA
    : +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)
    RBA: 5/10 +15 vs. AC, 2d4+9 damage(Crit 2d6+17)
    Notes: *OA on any enemy melee attacking Virgil if enemy is in reach 2 of Dante or Virgil adjacent to Dante. *+1 damage with CA. *+2 damage vs bloodied. *+1 AC/Ref on shift. *Draw spiked chain as part of attack. *First enemy hitting Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on AP. *Virgil gains 5 THP on Second Wind. *+1 defenses bloodied.

    Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 9
    Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
    AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
    HP:86/86, Bloodied:43, Surge Value:20(25), Surges left:2/2
    MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.
    Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1015
      Last Post: Saturday, 13th October, 2012, 11:27 PM
    2. Replies: 135
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd January, 2012, 09:24 PM
    3. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    4. Replies: 927
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th April, 2010, 02:49 AM
    5. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •