HM's Dragonlance game converted to Pathfinder - recruiting

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok the title pretty much tells the tale. recruiting

I have been running the first module of the Dragonlance series (Started 1 year ago today :D) in 2e mode. And while it was very nostalgic to dig out the old books it has been hard to remember the game play or get into the game after 9 years of 3e and 2 of Pathfinder.

But the main reason I am thinking of a change is due to characters. As I look ahead I see I will need a lot of players if I don't wish to end up NPCing half the group as we play.

So I am posting this to see if I were to change the rules system to Pathfinder would it draw the interest of more players to help me and add to the fun.

Even if you don't wish to join into the game I will be keeping this thread open for conversions of characters (always fun), should the change take place. Please feel free to add comments post what you think one of the Heroes of the Lance would look like decked out in PF crunch.

The second post I am leaving open to help show the PC's and who would need taken over and edit in those that find a player.

Thanks for stopping in.

HM

Character Builds:
Gilthanas played by Gondsman

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Core heroes:

Tanis Half-Elven - played by Strahd_Von_Zarovich
Flint Fireforge - unsure if player is still out there
Caramon Majere - NPC (need a player)
Raistlin Majere - played by Walking Dad
Sturm Brightblade - played by Orius
Tasselhoff Burrfoot - played by possum
Riverwind - played by ghostcat
Goldmoon - NPC (need a player starting module two)

Heroes to be added:

Tika Waylan - Module two
Gilthanas - Module two
Elistan - Module three
Laurana - Module four
Derek Crownguard - module five
Aaron Tallbow - module five
Alhana Starbreeze - module nine
Waylorn - module nine
Serinda - module ten
Kronn - module ten

Group Breakdowns:
Code:
[U]Group 1[/U]              [U]Group 2[/U]
Laurana              Tanis
Elistan              Raistlin
Sturm                Caramon
Gilthanas            Riverwind
Flint                Goldmoon
Tas                  Tika
Derek                Alhana*
Aaron                Waylorn*
* these PC's are replaced by Serinda and Korinn after module nine

HM

Last edited:

Blood and Honor

First Post
I'm up for playing Caramon. Do I have to play to the story? Its been a few years since I read through the books as I mentioned in a PM. Anyways let me know.

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi, found the thread :)

Coming from years of 3+ D&D, it is hard to play a first level caster in 2e again. Either I use some of my very few spells or being totally useless in combat and standing around as liability. The latter also happens once I used the spells, but with also a penalty to everything...

So changing it to Pathfinder would give some nice 'power-up' in options both in what to do in combat encounters and more utility spells.

BTW, I have the 3.5 core Dragonlance Setting book.

Gondsman

Explorer
If it is possible to know less than nothing about Dragonlance, I'm there. I know it is a campaign setting and a famous bunch of books, and that's it. I am however looking for more games, and would love to play whatever role needs filled.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Excellent BH & Gondsman - I take you are both up for playing with the PF rules? And knowledge of the books/world is unnecessary we aren't following them and you can learn about the world as you go.

WD keep that book handy it may be of great reference to us in getting the characters converted. Speaking of which and while I have you here.

What do you think of Raistlin having a lvl or two in sorcerer? I was thinking Destined Bloodline - It would play into his background where he could perform the Illusionists tricks just by watching them. And then be part of the fact that part of Fistandatilus's soul is inside him, and thus some unexplained magical power.

I think it was the fluff in the bloodline that got me thinking. Within Reach At 15th lvl your ultimate destiny is drawing near. I could see Raistlin as a Wizard15/Sorcerer15 right before entering the gate to the Abyss.

Just food for thought.

HM

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I could see it work... but could we change the bloodline arcana to the one of the Sage (wildblood) bloodline? This way, both his type of spells will draw from his intelligence.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So you don't think Raistlin is to charismatic do you. :p I think he has a strong force of personailty myself but that is something I need to look into - determining stats.

The Sage is not so bad and I was thinking of the Arcane bloodline as well. It would could work but Raistlin need not take levels of sorcerer and wizard back and forth - like I said it would be a little extra "unexplained" power.

Let me work on how to do stats and such will be back on tonight.

HM

I'm interested in filling in as a player. I've read about 3/4 of Dragons of Autumn Twilight, but haven't played any Dragonlance games.

As for Pathfinder, I've been playing 3.X since it came out, and I've looked over Pathfinder once or twice and it seems neat.

Gondsman

Explorer
just tell me who and what. the idea of picking up a character and playing it rather than something from the murky depths of my own mind is intriguing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases