HM's Dragonlance game converted to Pathfinder - recruiting

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Waits over sorry SVZ :) remember this is only what I believe the equipment is please fill free to suggest things or change the fluff.

Tanis

[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
[U]Item                           Cost    Weight[/U]
elven armored coat +2         4,200gp   20lb
keen longsword +1             8,315gp    4lb
mw comp longbow [STR+3]         700gp    3lb
-arrows (20)                      1gp    3lb
daggers(2)                        4gp    2lb
backpack                          2gp    2lb
-flint and steel                  1gp    ---
-waterskin                        1gp    4lb
-rations,trail (2 days)           1gp    2lb
-torch(1)                         1cp    1lb
-whetstone                        2cp    1lb
bedroll                           1sp    5lb
traveler's outfit                free    0lb

total weight carried: 57lb

treasure:
stl - 11
sp - 8
cp - 0
gems: None
jewelry: None[/sblock]

Speaking of fluff what do you think of having Riverwind carrying a "plainsman's sabre" which we use the Falchion crunch for ghostcat? I don't see him carrying an overly large weapon like a great sword.

The sabre would look one-handed, being a thin bladed sword curving near the tip, but plainsman know to get the most of it you need to wield it in two.

Also thinking of giving him a kukri +1 instead of a dagger +1. Just adding to the exotic-ness of plainsman's weapons.

Don't know what to do about his armor at the moment so it is why I am a little stuck. Giving him leather only might bring him up short in the AC department.

HM

Current Character Builds Finder:
Gilthanas played by Gondsman
Caramon played by Blood and Honor
Tanis played by Strahd_Von_Zarovich
Raistlin played by Walking Dad
Riverwind played by ghostcat
Tasselhoff played by possum
Sturm played by Orius

ghostcat

First Post
Speaking of fluff what do you think of having Riverwind carrying a "plainsman's sabre" which we use the Falchion crunch for ghostcat? I don't see him carrying an overly large weapon like a great sword.

The sabre would look one-handed, being a thin bladed sword curving near the tip, but plainsman know to get the most of it you need to wield it in two.

Sounds fine to me. Does the Falchion crunch include the reach,trip special abilites?

Also thinking of giving him a kukri +1 instead of a dagger +1. Just adding to the exotic-ness of plainsman's weapons.

this also sounds OK.

Don't know what to do about his armor at the moment so it is why I am a little stuck. Giving him leather only might bring him up short in the AC department.

HM

Normally High level rangers wear Mitheral shirts or Mitheral Full Plate. However, I can't see Riverwind wearing metal armor. Given this is dragonlance, how about Dragonhide armor. E.g. Scale mail or a breastplate.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
What type of armor is the elven armored coat ? chain or studded leather ?

It is a regular armored coat just with the fancy elven designs and such. So it would be AC 6; Movement 20'; ACP -1 with the following:

Benefit: A person can don it or remove it as a move action (there is no “don hastily” option for an armored coat). If worn over other armor, use the better AC bonus and worse value in all other categories; an armored coat has no effect if worn with heavy armor. The only magic effects that apply are those worn on top.

Sounds fine to me. Does the Falchion crunch include the reach,trip special abilites?

Normally High level rangers wear Mitheral shirts or Mitheral Full Plate. However, I can't see Riverwind wearing metal armor. Given this is dragonlance, how about Dragonhide armor. E.g. Scale mail or a breastplate.

Falchion doesn't have reach or trip it is a 2d4 dmg(S), 18-20 crit x2 weapon

And dragonhide??? - Maybe after you fight a few dragons - :devil:

How about for now a +1 Hide Shirt Would be AC 5; ACP -2; Movement 30'

and look like that fleece thing in his picture. Later he may want to change to a breastplate or what not after fighting armies of draconians.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok here is the last of the equipment.

Riverwind

[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Item                         Cost   Weight
peasant's outfit             free     0lb
+1 hide shirt              1,240gp   25lb
Falchion +1                2,375gp    8lb
mw comp shortbow [STR +2]    525gp    2lb    
- arrows(20)                   1gp    3lb
kukri +1                   2,308gp    2lb
Backpack                       2gp    2lb
-flint and steel               1gp    ---
-waterskins x2                 2gp    8lb
-rations,trail(4 days)         2gp    4lb
-whetstone                     2cp    1lb
-mw instrument(flute)        100gp    3lb
Bedrolls x2                    2sp   10lb

total weight carried: 68lb

Treasure:
STL - 0
SP - 2
CP - 0
Gems: none
Jewerly: none[/sblock]

Tas

[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Item                          Cost    Weight
blue leggings                 free      0lb
leather armor                 10gp    7.5lb
hoopak(see below)          priceless  1.5lb
dagger                         2gp      1lb
mw thieves tools             100gp      2lb
leather map case               1gp     .5lb 
- full of maps                varies    0lb
Shoulder bags x2               2sp      1lb
(treat as normal size sacks)
- contents vary               varies    2lb
Bedroll                        1sp   1.25lb
rope,(hemp 25')                5sp      5lb

total weight carried: 21.75lb

Treasure:
STL - 4
SP - 3
CP - 0
Gems: none
Jewerly: Tanis's ring (though Tas doesn't know he has it)

Magic:
Uncle Trapspringer's Hoopak - +2 halfling staff sling of speed, Special: heirloom weapon with permanent nondetection(CL20) [/sblock]

HM

Sturm played by Orius

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Now for a little character updating

Tasselhoff Burrfoot

possum - sorry but you will have to take heirloom weapon as one of your traits - I notice you have none selected yet - the other could be Successful Shirker as a good fit.

Saw you have ranks in Use Magic Device will try and let you get a chance to use them, ;) But no ranks in Diplomacy. Since it is the "Gather Info" of PF maybe putting one rank in it (to get the Class Bonus) would simulate Tas's ability to go around unnoticed and gather some info here and there. His not great at it (as he is distracted easily) but does manage it now and then.

Think I forgot to add the eerie noise to the hoopak so add this please -

Eerie Noise: Allowed to make a Demoralize attempt as a free action during the surprise round of any combat. Check is +2 only do not use wielder's Intimidate Skill for this.
Ability scores I don't see how you spent your points...

STR: 10 (2 pts) -2 racial
DEX: 18 (7 pts) +2 racial, +1 level
CON: 14 (5pts)
INT: 12 (2pts)
WIS: 10 (0pts)
CHA: 16 (5pts) +2 racial

That is the cheapest way I see it and puts you over by 1 pt. Every other way I try it cost more than 21pts. The stats are good I don't know where you want to change them maybe WIS? Looks like I was wrong we are using 25 pts so it looks like you are 4 pts shy of the 25

Looking at your feats and rogue talents are you looking to make Tas the quick reacting rogue he gets his strikes in early? With all the PCs once combat breaks out it will be in the hands of the "big people" and it looks like to me you wish for Tas to get a chance to fight before - which I think works out great. After the fighting starts he goes support role or wanders around checking out the area.

I wish Taunt weren't a feat and their was some way to add it in under racial abilities but Tas didn't use it much and you could pick it up later if you wanted.

What else... hmmm... Oh no RabbitSlayer yet I think Tas will "find" it, along with The Helm of the Griffon Mane. But for now you have only the regular dagger, sorry.

Speaking of magical items... Caramon up next.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character check...

Caramon

Relaly sorry about the lack of magical weapons and stuff BH. Just the way Caramon starts out plus the group missed the 6 +1 swords in another room.

That and the current combat got me thinking. I can picture Caramon "loading up" on weapons after fighting the draconians and getting them stuck. I picture him having a sword on his hip (a blunt weapon on the other side) and two crossing his back. What do you think?

They will all eventually be at least +1 so he would be a walking arsenal of magical weapons.

I see you haven't done HP yet (no one has for that matter) let's see best for this would be to go MAX -2.

FOR EVERYONE: Going to use the max at first level and then MAX -2 every level after first rule for generating HP. So if you have a d8 for your HD then you get 6 + modifiers for HP every level after first.

So for Caramon that is -

HP: 74 [6d10=50] + 18 [CON] + 6 [FEAT] + ?? [FC]

Haven't done your skills I think that should be easy enough. Suggestions from me would be Survival, Profession(soldier), Climb, Swim, Ride, Intimidate, and Know (arcana) :p

Might want to put your FC bonus into skills.

HM

Sturm played by Orius

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gilthanas

Looks like do to the ruling on HP you gain 5 more. :)

See you have chosen your spells great looks like you are now ready. Sorry it may be a while before Gilthanas jumps into the game. And before that he is NPC'ed for like a bit. But to forgo this I will be pming you the quotes that the group will "need to know" and allowing you to RP the rest as you see fit.

Crunch wise you are missing some languages - here are the ones from DL5:

Qualinesti Elf, Sylvanesti Elf, Common, Gnome, Kenderspeak, Goblin, Hobgoblin

the last two are just Goblin in PF - so you could have all of the above since you get Common and Elven (Qualinesti) free. And then Gnome, Kenderspeak, Goblin, Sylvanesti Elf for having an 18 INT

Weapon stats are off - Rapier (elven longsword) lists STR instead of DEX for attacking (says +7 and I get +9) and a silvered weapon gets a -1 penalty to dmg rolls. CORE pg. 155

And lastly I added up your skill ranks spent and come up with 34 leaving you two unspent ranks.

HM

Blood and Honor

First Post
Know (Arcana)? Did i get that somewhere and miss it?

So I finished Caramon, but I'll proably be trading Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization of his feat list, unless a 'main' weapon comes into hand. So if he is going to become a 'walking arsenal' the Quick Draw feat would be 100% better.

Last edited:

Gondsman

Explorer
@HolyMan Yeah, a lot of that stuff was cleanup as I waited on some rulings, like the rapier/longsword. I got the hp, i'll sweep through and work on the rest. Damage on the Dagger should be +2 (STR) -1 (Silver) so i'm not seeing that particular problem

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases