HM's Dragonlance game converted to Pathfinder - recruiting

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not sure this would be a game for you Zerith it is way under in the power gaming sense. And I'll want people to pick up the characters as they are converted to save time.

HM

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
I work with random concepts when given a sandbox, and I easily get fixated on them and ignore the larger picture, and I still have a lot of bleed over from my pure creative writing days; it worked on a pure honor system... once you see 'the elf' run up the edge of an orc's claymore and punch the orc in the face, without the orc doing anything about it, by default, it kinda ruins it.:.-(

back onto point ^_^;

I'll say I would not mind playing as Caramon, but I'm not sure how well it would workout for a player with little background knowledge on the campaign, like myself, to jump in with an established character, but at the same time stuffing more PCs into a campaign when the ones that are already there aren't all used, is needless complication. :/

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It wouldn't take much to learn about the world as it's history comes to the fore as you play.

Reading this is like reading an oral history handed down over the ages. And if you took over Caramon (when rangerjohn takes over Gilthanas) then that will probably be all the big fighter truly knows of the world and history anyway.

HM

Zerith

First Post
ooo, will read :D

on a side note: Chevalier looks like a great PrC for him, but it needs diplomacy and knowledge (local) rank 1 :/ so yeah, he could be eligible when entering level 8 at the earliest, then again PF fighters aren't as lack luster as DnD 3.5 ones so a 1-3 level hit in fighter is now considerable. :/
But I do think it matches his character well, the description matches his to a T ;)

And while I do like adding a lot of 'flavor', to a character, Caramon stricks me as basically a paragon human, with the possibility of some flavor bleed over from Raistlin. (not the other way around, Raistlin's got more of the arcane gens. so if either are going to display some kind of bloodline flavor, Raistlin will do so sooner and will have the stronger influence of the two.)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
A good PrC for Caramon or Tanis. Good find. :)

Caramon is the big heavy hitting fighter crunch wise but he has a lot of character in him fluff wise. His devotion to his brother and how he goes from being a giving, jovial, and studious warrior to a mean drunkard after his brother leaves him made his character more a paragon human than that term truly can characterize.

In these early adventurers they are two halves of a whole and through the adventures and Raistlin's rise in power, they fall to different paths. If you haven't read the first 6 novels they are a good read.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I can let you pop in and take over either Flint or Tas since rangerjohn has Caramon for a few more months till Gil joins the group.

I'm posting up in the IC now to move things along you may jump in as either when your ready.

HM

Zerith

First Post
I keep on Thinking I've posted here and I keep on seeing I haven't :/

Anyways, I'm not sure how I would perform as either of them: I know almost nothing about D.L., I could make the, experienced, character make a mistake they would never make (namely, ignoring a custom that they've don dozens if not hundreds of times before, or being ignorant of what is, to them, common information.)

Orius

Legend
You're thinking of playing Caramon, so there's little to worry about. He's the basic tank fighter, and he's protective towards his brother Raistlin, and that's about it. Caramon isn't all that scholarly, so he doesn't know much about Ansalon outside his hometown anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases