HM's Dragonlance game converted to Pathfinder - recruiting

Blood and Honor

First Post
I can handle a 6th level fighter no problem. If my memory serves me right he used a greatsword or sword and board? Also how are we doing abilites and money.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That is possible (although I would stray from things like golem construction ;)) as you need to be character level 7 to qualify for Loremaster and I am sure Raistlin will have a +4 or more INT modifier you will be allowed to select any secret on the list.

You need only select #8 (any one feat) and the rules say you may take an arcane discovery instead.

Feat selection -
Scribe Scroll (given from Wizard class)
Skill Focus: Know history would be a good fit.

...and then just two meta magic or other item creation feats left.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Caramon was sword and board but again you need only go that route to start. Once we get into the game things could evolve differently than they way they played out.

Like I said he would follow the power attack feat tree. With whatever extra you might wish to throw in.

Might as well try 25 pt buy for stats and see what we get. For equipment I will probably assign a few items then let you "purchase" some basic gear. The game is odd when it comes to treasure as you wouldn't be on par with WBL and then you will discovery a lost artifact or two.

HM

Blood and Honor

First Post
I'll keep him sword and board, he's my favorite Dragonlance character next to Sturm and Flint, and make him a two-weapon shield bashing machine.

25? An EPIC adventure like this and you want 25? Hehe, thats fine.:p

Where can I put him?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
25? An EPIC adventure like this and you want 25? Hehe, thats fine.:p

Where can I put him?
Please post him here. I will then put a link to him in the first post of this thread for easy finding as we discuss options and what not.

When will we make the switch and will this be after the first level-up?

Sorry there won't be a lvl up in the 2e game it seems. I wish to finish the original game in 2e and then when we start the 2nd module we will be playing with the pathfinder rules.

so i'm creating a Pathfinder, Elven, Magus of L5-6?

LvL 6 Magus will be fine.

So, halfling rogue 5 for Tas?

Nope Tas will be a LvL 6 PF rogue. Halfling crunch will work for a kender as I see no alternate class features that fit. They have wanderlust but that could just stay fluff as the bonus to fear and saves is more useful.

Looks like I need to work on a few items and conversion shouldn't be to hard. Let me see if I can get the others to join in the discussions.

HM

ghostcat

First Post
I have been following along, just not had anything to contribute.

Looks like Riverwind is a PF Ranger with the Archery combat style. How do you propose to handle Ranger Divine Spells? 2E Rangers don't get spells until 8th level, while 3E Rangers get Spells at 4th/5th. This is especially relevant given the state of Divine magic in DL.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Did you want to play a spell casting ranger? You could make a skrimisher archtype and that would fit really well.

My favorite Skirmisher ability:

Surprise Shift: You move 5' (not provoking an AoO) as a move action.

Then you 5' step behind whoever you are fighting. Instant flanking.

Also I don't believe Riverwind would have an animal companion so he should probably take the hunter's bond that allows him to give 1/2 his favored enemy bonus to all allies within 30' - I see him bonding with the group after all.

Class suggestions - you could take a level or to in barbarian if you want. I see Riverwind having fast movement (long legs) and getting angry and defending Goldmoon during a big fight. (6 LvLs to play with see what you like)

Lastly if you want to forgo the archery combat style you can. I didn't see him use any weapon more over any other in the books really. But if you want to try something different their is Weapon and Shield that he might have. Up to you in this and what you want to play like I said I didn't see Riverwind favor one weapon or style over another. To bad their is no "right weapon for the job" style - think that would have fit perfectly. LOL

HM

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases