HM's Dragonlance game converted to Pathfinder - recruiting

Blood and Honor

First Post
Sounds like he would be the perfect 'switch hitter' which is what my LPF character is molded from. Use ranged when its appropriate but then switch to melee when the time comes.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Core heroes:

Tanis Half-Elven - played by Strahd_Von_Zarovich
Flint Fireforge - unsure if player is still out there
Caramon Majere - NPC (need a player)
Raistlin Majere - played by Walking Dad
Sturm Brightblade - played by Orius
Tasselhoff Burrfoot - played by possum
Riverwind - played by ghostcat
Goldmoon - NPC (need a player starting module two)

Heroes to be added:

Tika Waylan - Module two
Gilthanas - Module two
Elistan - Module three
Laurana - Module four
Derek Crownguard - module five
Aaron Tallbow - module five
Alhana Starbreeze - module nine
Waylorn - module nine
Serinda - module ten
Kronn - module ten

Group Breakdowns:
Code:
[U]Group 1[/U]              [U]Group 2[/U]
Laurana              Tanis
Elistan              Raistlin
Sturm                Caramon
Gilthanas            Riverwind
Flint                Goldmoon
Tas                  Tika
Derek                Alhana*
Aaron                Waylorn*
* these PC's are replaced by Serinda and Korinn after module nine

HM

Do you really expect to reach modules nine and ten? I realize a couple of those aren't adventures. Still at an average of a year per module.....

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I hope so rangerjohn -

Let's see you are right I have it that it might be around a year a module (older modules are smaller than their current brethren). So it brakes down to.

Mod 1: 2011
Mod 2: 2012
Mod 3: 2013
Mod 4: 2014

Mod 6 & 10: 2015
Mod 7 & 12: 2016
Mod 8 & 13: 2017
Mod 9 & ?*: 2018

Mod 14 - Finale 2019

Looks like I made a mistake there 9 is not the start of the trip through Lorac's nightmare that is Mod 10.

* I think the second group may take longer as they have a lot of more ground to cover and less direction from NPCs unlike group one. So 10/12/13 should run till 2018.

HM

Blood and Honor

First Post
2018...you've got some initiative there. I mean don't you know the world ends in 2012:p. Please do NOT let that lead to a religious discussion.

Also whens the earliest I get to break out Caramon in Pathfinder form?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Probably a month or so. You have the crunch worked up? And if you want you could help me with a few others. ;)

HM

Blood and Honor

First Post
I've been thinking of feats beyond the Power Attack chain. Will you allow feat retraining if we come across a particular powerful weapon and we have specialization in another?

What kind of help you need:D?

Gondsman

Explorer
question: with a spell like frostbite how does the "times per level" thing work out? is that like "i can touch everyone adjacent to me up to that number" or "i have X charges" that i can use on attacks? i'm having trouble wrapping the game mechanics of that around my brain.

Other question: [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] "You have the Crunch worked up?" Please define crunch for me.

Blood and Honor

First Post
I know I'm not HM but 'crunch' is the mechanics and so forth. The things that make your class what it is. Where 'fluff' is background and things to that nature.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That may be possible although I would talior fit the weapons to what the characters have feats for or could use well.

Example: I'm thinking of making the Wyrmslayer (Kith-Kanan's sword) an elven curved blade. And then it's counterpart - Wyrmsbane a longsword instead of a two handed sword as it is in 1e. Kind of switching them.

First thing I can think of is party composition. Goldmoon isn't your typical cleric. No heavy armor or shield usage, more a support role than secondary warrior back up healer.

I was thinking of making her a Bard/Oracle(Ancestors) as she doesn't need to be on the front line and with so many attacking party members their may be need for little to no healing. Plus some parts of the game say after weeks of travel - after a month of travel - so on and so on.

So as I was saying, composition. When the groups separate you get -

Group 1:
Laurana - Charismatic Warrior/Support
Gilthanas - Arcanist
Tas - Skill monkey
Elistan - healer/buffer
Sturm - melee (thinking Order of the Dragon)
Derek - melee (thinking Order of the Cockatrice)
Aaron - range combat (fighter- archer archtype)
Flint - warrior type? Here is where I have trouble too. Flint makes a good support fighter in this group and with the main/current group. With Tanis, Riverwind, Sturm, and Caramon as your main fighters what could be done to help Flint in a support role. I am thinking right now of inquisitor - hear me out before you laugh - as his class.

Weapon and armor prof. - Are good, his "deities" favored weapon would be battleaxe of course.

Spells
- Only those that don't have a great show of a spell being casted.
Orisons: guidance, resistance, sift, stabilize, virtue, detect poison
1st LvL: true strike, tireless pursuit, wrath, expeditious retreat
2nd LvL: aid, confess (used on Tas a lot), weapon of awe, remove paralysis (not a spell per se just Flint yelling - "Caramon you big ox! Quit standing around and do something!" and getting the effect LOL)

Domian:
Was thinking Martyr (sub-domain of Nobility) The Inspiring Word would be the same as with the remove paralysis spell - Flint yelling at a character and then them "striving" to do better. Sacrifical Bond plays on his willingness to help his "children".

Judgments: These could play on his natural dwarven toughness (healing), his determination to destroy evil monsters (destruction), or a little luck that rubbed off from Tas (justice, protection. etc.)

Monster Lore:
He does know his monsters

Stern Gaze:
Think he has used this already (now he gets the crunch).

Cunning Initiative:
Again hanging around Tas

Detect Alignment:
"I don't like em' he feels off to me. You mark my words half-elf, he is no good."

Track: Shown in his background as having a little woods lore.

Solo Tactics:
Learned when he was on the five year quest looking for true clerics.

Teamwork Feat:
From adventuring with such a large group all the time.

Bane
: you don't want to get on Flint's bad side.

Discern Lies:
see Detect Alignment

More I think about it I think our little dwarf in the background is more and more a true servant of Reorx and out to rid the world of gully dwarves.

Also since you are playing Caramon after the group separates is there a character you might like to take up (one of the new ones I mean). Then you would play Caramon in mods 10-13 and someone else mods 6-9.

HM

Last edited:

Blood and Honor

First Post
I'm more than willing to play someone in 6-9. Who did you have in mind and am I still building Caramon at lvl 6? Just let me know who you need me to play and I'll research them and see what class/classes would get the job done.

The crunch on Caramon I have worked up for the most part. I'll make him a longsword and shield wielding fighter. I can make him a 'tank' since he'll likely be the main line of defense, other than Sturm. Maybe even give him the Shielded Fighter archtype. He'll protect the party as a whole but he'll watch over Raistlin especially.

Yea Goldmoon is a must for the party but she never really did anything. I mean she did some healing, saved Riverwind if I recall correctly, but almost a background character in combat. Flint would make a good inquisitor, is that who you need me to play?

Wyrmsbane was a 2-handed sword in 1e? Weird because its a longsword of elven craft, well both Wyrmsbane and Wyrmslayer are actually.

What about traits? Can we use then? There is a specific trait I want that is not in the APG. It reduces the penalty for Combat Expertise by 1. The trait is called Threatening Defender. It can be found on the Pathfinder OGC site under Combat Traits.

I think I'm going to read through The Chronicles again and then War of Souls.

Remove ads