HM's Dragonlance game converted to Pathfinder - recruiting

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Frostbite let's you have X amount of charges that are "spent" for every attack the character makes.

BH gave you the low down on the crunch - It is all the math, stats, and feats for a character.

Traits we can use the rule for allowing two traits there are some good ones out there that fit the PCs, but...

Do you think Caramon has a 13 INT and would qualify for Combat Expertise??

HM

Gondsman

Explorer
so i just wanted to check, based on the Magus class and the background info i'm building Gilthanas as a front liner/striker. I'm basically done with him except for gear and skills. Did you say you wanted us to post up the sheets in this thread?

ghostcat

First Post
just a quick reply as I really have to go.

I'm working on a PF Riverwind, its just that RL is a pig at the moment. I hope to have something by the middle of the week but can't promise.

Walking Dad

First Post

Do you think Caramon has a 13 INT and would qualify for Combat Expertise??

HM
The books describe him for thinking long about questions and puzzles, but always coming to the right conclusion...

and 13 isn't really genius level...

What level for Raistlin? 6th?

Blood and Honor

First Post
I think 13 is a good number for his Int. Like WD said its not really genius level and he wasn't portrayed as an idiot.

Also what of UC? I'm asking for mainly feats.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Did you want to play a spell casting ranger? You could make a skrimisher archtype and that would fit really well.

I don't think spell casting would fit Riverwind. So Skirmish would fit fine.

My favorite Skirmisher ability:

Surprise Shift: You move 5' (not provoking an AoO) as a move action.

Then you 5' step behind whoever you are fighting. Instant flanking.

I think you've got this slightly wrong. This is the SRD entry:

Code:
Surprise Shift (Ex): 
The Ranger can move 5 feet as a swift action. This movement does not 
provoke attacks of opportunity and does not count as a 5-foot step.

The way I interpret this is that you have either a move or a full action but can still move 5' This differs from 5-foot step in that with the later you can't take any other move.

Also I don't believe Riverwind would have an animal companion so he should probably take the hunter's bond that allows him to give 1/2 his favored enemy bonus to all allies within 30' - I see him bonding with the group after all.

I agree that Riverwind wouldn't have an Animal Companion.

Class suggestions - you could take a level or to in barbarian if you want. I see Riverwind having fast movement (long legs) and getting angry and defending Goldmoon during a big fight. (6 LvLs to play with see what you like)

Funnily enough I was considering a level of barbarian but had discounted it as I didn't see Riverwind raging (cool, calm and collected seems to fit more) I hadn't thought of raging to protect Goldmoon. Thematically this does fit. So Riverwind will have a level of barbarian but only rage to protect Goldmoon.

Lastly if you want to forgo the archery combat style you can. I didn't see him use any weapon more over any other in the books really. But if you want to try something different their is Weapon and Shield that he might have. Up to you in this and what you want to play like I said I didn't see Riverwind favor one weapon or style over another. To bad their is no "right weapon for the job" style - think that would have fit perfectly. LOL

HM

Sounds like he would be the perfect 'switch hitter' which is what my LPF character is molded from. Use ranged when its appropriate but then switch to melee when the time comes.

I have "Treantmonk's Guide to Rangers" open has I write.

For a laugh I worked out what Riverwind's current attributes would cost and I would need a 41 point buy to duplicate them

Walking Dad

First Post
Old Raistlin stats with Pathfinder costs:

Strength: 10 (0)
Intelligence: 17 (7) (15 bought plus 2 racial)
Wisdom: 14 (5)
Dexterity: 16 (10)
Constitution: 10 (0)
Charisma: 10 (0)

With 25 point buy, I would have 3 points left to boost Cha to 13.

Blood and Honor

First Post
Why would you need 41 points? 25 is more than enough to make an effective character and you get 1 point at 4th.

I'm going to try and get Caramon up today. I have 2 builds I want to look over. The first being the sword and board fighter and the second a 2-handed weapon fighter.

For RP purposes would you say Raistlin would have a CON of 8-9? I remember him being in very poor health plagued by a cough, especially when he was casting 'high' level spells.

[sblock=Caramon (Sword and Board 2 Weapon Fighter)]
Str: 18 (10 points, +2 racial)
Dex: 15 (5 points, +1 4th level)
Con: 16 (10 points)
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 10[/sblock]

[sblock=Caramon (2-Hander Vital Strike Destroyer)]
Str: 19 (10 points, +2 racial, +1 4th level)
Dex: 12 (2 points)
Con: 16 (10 points)
Int: 13 (3 points)
Wis: 10
Cha: 10[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases