[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Someone

Adventurer
Prime stands at first motionless, a bit baffled of why did his companions stand within reach of the bone monstrosity while it still was trapped by the mage's spell. Nonetheless, he manages to rush to their rescue, deflecting at least the blow that was directed at the young monk.

OOC: This is only the interrupt action. I'm saving the regular turn for when I can have flanking and/or one ally adjacent to the golem for more bonuses

[sblock=actions]
Immediate interrupt: Fully augmented Lightning Rush in response to the golem's attack on Drew. Prime moves 5 squares to current position, provoking OAs from the skeleton minions that don't connect (to avoid messing with causality, I'm assuming the skeletons did their turns before or at the same time as the golem). Prime becomes the target of the golem's attack on Drew, which doesn't hit since it rolled a 26 and Prime's AC is 27. Lightning rush attack hits for 23 damage and Prime gains 5 THP

[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] , Drew is nor hit and therefore not dazed.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter|Battlemind 8

Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 23, Passive Insight: 18
Defenses: AC: 27/27, Fort: 22/22, Ref: 19/19, Will: 20/20
HP:77/77 THP: 5 Bloodied: 38, Surge value:19, Surges/day: 14/14 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1, Power points 2/4
Powers:
Bull's Strength, Crushing Surge, Lightning Rush, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Combat Challenge
Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Unbreakable, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Living Fortress, Rain of Steel, Endure Pain, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

[sblock=A guide to Prime's out of turn actions]
With all the immediate action Prime is gathering, he’s becoming a complex character to have in pbp. In order to reduce the amount of retconning, do not hesitate to use one of these actions at the first chance it could be reasonably useful, in the following order of priority. Notice that many though not all are immediate actions and are mutually exclusive (you can take only one immediate action per round):

• Blurred Step (Battlemind feature, at will). Prime can, once per turn as a free action, shift 1 when an adjacent marked enemy shifts. Use this along with Combat Challenge for maximum benefit.
  • Combat Challenge (fighter feature, at will, immediate interrupt), a MBA he can make against a Marked enemy who shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include Prime. Notice that he can push enemies up to 3 squares with this attack: since combat challenge is an interrupt, this has the potential to completely negate an attack if it pushes the enemy beyond melee range. Otherwise use the push to disrupt the enemy strategy as much as possible.
  • Guardian’s counter (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), If an ally within 2 is being hit but the attack wouldn’t hit Prime or the damage to the ally would be severe. Prime exchanges positions with an ally within 2 squares, becomes the target of the attack and can retaliate with a MBA.
  • Fully augmented Lightning Rush (using 2 power points, immediate interrupt): Same case as guardian's counter, when guardian's Counter can't be used. Prime can move 5 squares, becomes the target of the attack, and deals a +13 VS AC, 2d10+8 damage attack.
  • Shield Edge Block (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), when he’s hit by a melee or close attack and a -4 penalty to hit would make the attack fail.
  • Unbreakable (Encounter power, immediate interrupt), if hit by an attack that can't be negated by Shield Edge Block that deals 11 or more damage (he’d negate 10 with the power -which isn’t described as damage reduction-, then 1 from armor property)
If you roll any attack granted by any of these actions, don't forget Prime's Warforged Tactics feat: +1 to hit enemies adjacent to at least one ally.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: I was just looking at the way to increase my AC by one :) since he was at -2 to
hit

Thanks, someone! [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], you need to roll save vs ongoing for the golem

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] Zharne has Rebuking thorns up so the golem took 4 damage when he hit Zharne in melee as does everyone else who hits him in melee until the end of the encounter

[sblock=Zharne Redcloud stat Line]Zharne Redcloud- Male Elf Druid 7
Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:19, Will:19, Resist 5 Cold, Speed:8
HP:61/61 Bloodied:30, Surge Value:15(17 in Beastform), Surges left:8/9
Initiative +7, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Swarming Locusts, Chill Wind,
Thorn Spray, Predator's Flurry, Elven Accuracy, Blood-Spray Bite,
Summon Pack Wolf, Rebuking Thorns, Fleet Pursuit, Form of the Primeval Wolf, Primeval Wolf Attack,
Enduring Beast Hide,Frostwolf Pelt
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] Zharne has Rebuking thorns up so the golem took 4 damage when he hit Zharne in melee as does everyone else who hits him in melee until the end of the encounter

ooc: Got it. Thanks.

Someone said:
OOC:
Immediate interrupt: Fully augmented Lightning Rush in response to the golem's attack on Drew. Prime moves 5 squares to current position, provoking OAs from the skeleton minions that don't connect (to avoid messing with causality, I'm assuming the skeletons did their turns before or at the same time as the golem). Prime becomes the target of the golem's attack on Drew, which doesn't hit since it rolled a 26 and Prime's AC is 27. Lightning rush attack hits for 23 damage and Prime gains 5 THP

Drew is nor hit and therefore not dazed.

occ: Stats are updated to reflect this. Question: Do THP stack? I've heard that they don't, only taking the highest amount. Is this true?

Metavoid said:
OOC:
golem takes 7 ongoing damage (save ends) - whenever it fails this saving throw Drew gets 5thp (Beshaba's boon)

ooc: Bone Golem save vs 7 ongoing damage = 17 Saved :). No damage and no temp hp.

Someone

Adventurer
occ: Stats are updated to reflect this. Question: Do THP stack? I've heard that they don't, only taking the highest amount. Is this true?

That's correct, THP never stack; my statblock has the right amount of THP Prime has right now. There's one exception though, is when a battlerager fighter hits with an Invigorating power; then he gains THP from the class feature and the power, which is almost always 2xcon modifier, plus appropiate feats.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax walks simply to a strategic position, his walking stick following closely, floating in the air. His new position reached, he lifts his hands and begins the incantation, his fingers drawing mystical runes of cyan and yellow. This seems like a known spell for the wizard, as he doesn't call for his spellbook. "Illumini anima fatuom!" is the closing vrse of the spell; magical lights, like will o whists emerge from the runes that float in the air. Like vipers they crawl and twist, filling the room with a show of lights and colors. Some of the skeletons trapped in the blast of light were affected by the spell. The archer and another warrior were seared by the lights, and tumbled back, smashing against the end wall.

Beguiling strands: hit SA 3 and SW 11, 7 dmg and push 3. SW11 dies because he's a puny minion.

Phantom chasm: Hits everyone (SW1, SW2, SW3, BG), for 16, killing the minions. The BG is critical hit, so 19 dmg, prone and immovilized. Rolls. The zone makes anyone fall prone and immovilized

[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], how long does the zone last? It's still on the map, but you don't sustain it. Is it encounter long or already gone? I see Prime in the zone, but I would hate to enter it and THEN find out it still active.

Someone

Adventurer

[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], how long does the zone last? It's still on the map, but you don't sustain it. Is it encounter long or already gone? I see Prime in the zone, but I would hate to enter it and THEN find out it still active.

OOC: The area lasts until the end of the encounter, and only affects enemies (they fall prone when entering it)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases