[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Holy sh+t!

[sblock=Vermitrax]
Vermitrax is unable to fight off the mind probe.

OOC: Vermitrax rolls are: 11,25,13,11.-
Will spend a DM credit t push Vermitrax to level 6 Wanted to do it before this, but forgot I had the credits.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
And the battle of wills begins!

[sblock=Vermitrax and Sharpe]
[sblock=round 1]

[sblock=Sharpe]
Your illusions block the the wizard's mind probe, but you cannot break his defenses. Round 1 is a draw.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vermitrax]
You reveal to Vlastoes that your group was hired by brother Navio to located an orb which when combine with a shield, becomes an artifact of great power.

Your attack fails to break through his defensives
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=round 2]
[sblock=Sharpe]
You reveal nothing to Vlastoes, but you learn from him that that he controls a black dragon with a device that forces the beast to do his will. The black dragon leads a group of goblins who raid trade routes for loot. The dragon is allowed to keep a percentage of the loot while the rest goes to him. the black dragon's clan has a scar on their chest, which was administer to each goblin by one of the dragon's talons.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vermitrax]
You cannot defend against the wizards mind attack. You reveal to Vlastoes that your motives are not the same as the others in your party and that in more than one occasion you have expressed displeasure on how the group operates. Many times it seems that it is you against the party.

You manage to penetrate his defenses this time. Vlastoes reveals to you that he is looking for an orb for his master, the mighty dragon Bosch. Vlastoes's are the same as his master: glory and power. He was recently promoted as the number 1 servant of the dragon, as a result of the dragon Bosch killing the former number 1 servant, a dragonborn warlord, for incompetent work.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=round 3]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Vlastoes takes advantage of a momentary lapse in your mental defenses. You reveal to Vlastoes that you and your party recently defeated the remaining forces of this goblin hideout, but not before a raiding party of goblins set out to attack another group of goblins, which may contain a prisoner who might have an orb.

This time the wizards defenses block your attack, and you learn nothing from the wizard.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vermitrax]
You reveal to Vlastoes that Brother Navio has another group of adventurers who have shield of great power which is activated by seven orbs, of which that party has four of the seven.

This time you can't break the wizard's defenses. Vlastoes reveals nothing
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=round 4]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Vlastoes's mental attack is brutal. You reveal to Vlastoes that Brother Navio told them that a trusted friend had recovered an orb, and was in the process of returning it to Navio before he was kidnapped by another group of goblins, which the cleric suspects is holding the friend hostage. The goblin group is easily identified by a scar tattooed across the chest.

However, Vlastoes mind defenses can't fight off the surge of mental images you throw at him. You learn that during that Vlastoes is aware of the ongoing verbal sparing among Vermitrax and the rest of the party and that he's made a suggestion to trying to recruit Vermitrax to join him. You do not know what Vermitrax thinks about this offer.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vermitrax]
Vlastoes mind attack succeeds one more time. This time you reveal to him that your soul is one of darkness.

Vlastoes reveals nothing to you about him, but mentions that perhaps you are joined with the wrong party and that you'd do much better joining him.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

All at once, the minds of the bard and the wizard break free from the hold of the device. The disc deactivates, turning back to its dull black color. The two stagger backwards a few steps, then regain their focus. After several deep breath the two are ready to communicate with what they want to share with the rest of the party.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sharpe screams, running from the room. You find him in the room where you killed the warlord. For some reason the bard has taken off the warlord's chest armor and is looking at the warlord's chest to find something.

Dragons! Sharpe whispers, glancing around conspiratorially. The evil wizard, other evil wizard excuse me, has enthralled a black dragon! We have to save it! Oh and something about goblins with scars on their chest too.

What? I can't be expected to remember everything that happened, can I?

[sblock=DM]
Sharpe is looking to find a dragon claw scar on the warlord.

Sharpe wants the black dragon ;) Or did we kill it?
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Shut up you imbecile! Vlastodes has stolen part of our memories, he knows great deal of our objectives and goals, he also knows about the object we seek and the use this object has. I suggested we didn't contact this wizard, you paid no heed to my advice, and now we have lost great deal of advantage." Vermitrax explodes in anger. Passing a hand through his face as to calm himself down, the wizard continues, in a more relaxed tone. "Indeed this wizard has control over several minions. The black dragon we killed was one of them, these goblinoids are another set of thralls. This wizard however is another underling, for a far mightier enemy, the dragon Bosch. Vlastodes is looking for the same orb as us, for his master. Of this, I concluded that he doesn't know the location of this artifact as well. That is alone, the only thing useful of this interaction."

Luinnar

First Post
Thralls with thralls! What is this Final Fantasy XII? I mean II? Wait no it's IV! You know the one with the drago-

Nevermind. All I know is that dragons are involved. And going on this quest can lead us to a dragon controlling other dragons controlling other dragons and thus we are bound to run into a dragon that is not dead sometime! So lets go! Times a wasting! After we get some sleep that is.
blabbers the bard.

[sblock=DM]
Sharpe looks at Vermitrax while he is talking for some kind of deception, to see if he has joined the other evil wizard.

Insight = +4, please roll for me as invisible castle is down and I don't want to use the dice roller just in case Vermitrax is evil ;)
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
+++It's not as serious as you think. First, the attack they had planned on the goblins was imminent+++

+++So he was bound to communicate with the hobgoblin very soon, which would have failed.+++

+++He'd investigate into that and learn about us, possibly from one of the goblins.+++

+++Anyway, without their minions we have the advantage. We have to seek the orb immediately, before Vlastodes has the chance to react+++

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Dimsdale]
What exactly does Vlastodes has to offer? [/sblock]

[sblock=Vermitrax]
If you should somehow obtain the orb and give it to Vlastoes, you'll be rewarded greatly...gold and magic items :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe found a branded "V" on the leader. You conclude that the "V" stands for Vlastoes.

Vermitrax's facial features, gestures, and other body language reveal nothing to you at the present time.
[/sblock]

I'm assuming that we are moving forward. The party moves out of the slain leader's living quarters back to the main room. Sharpe reunites with his dragon companion. The dragon growls affectionately at the bard. From the large room the party travels down the southern passage to the open area. There are two three canoes. Each canoe can handle three people.
Let me know how many canoes you wish to take and who is in each canoe.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases