[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

The rustling stills at the call.

OOC: can I re-stealth? If not, Drew will try to repeat the sounds local predators used when warning the party away (Nature +3; Bluff +0; stealth +13 - choose which applies better :)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Depending on what Drew does (hides or not) Vermitrax will try to hypnotize the goblin and make him approach the group so his minions (other players) can dispatch it.

Drew Hides:
Vermitrax remains at the back, waiting for the events to unfold.

Drew does not hide:
Vermitrax walks forward, and slams the tip of his staff with the ground. His eyes glow in white silvery light as he says demandingly: "Approach!"

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: sorry Drew, you rolled a nat 1. My 10th level dwarf fighter Kruk, dressed in full plate made less noise than you...;). Vermetrax states his command but the goblin seems unaffected by the wizards strong suggestion.

[Round 1 Begins]
What?! I see you...wait...you not one of us... With that the guard charges Drew, hitting him with so much force that it almost knocked him over. Only Drew's last second movement lessoned the blow. It could have been much worse (missed a crit by 1 :( :)).

[sblock=actions]
Attack: Charge drew: 1d20+12+1 vs Monk AC for 1d10+4 = hit for 9

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Hobgoblin Guard:
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +6; low-light vision
HP 100:
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 20, Refl ex 18, Will 18
Speed 6
m bastard sword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+10 vs. AC; 1d10 +4
Hobgoblin Resilience (immediate reaction, when the hobgoblin
warrior suffers an effect that a save can end; encounter)
The hobgoblin warrior makes a saving throw against the
triggering eff ect.
Phalanx Soldier
The hobgoblin warrior gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one
hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.
Alignment Evil Languages Common, Goblin
Skills Athletics +10, History +6
Str 19 (+8) Dex 14 (+6) Wis 14 (+6)
Con 15 (+6) Int 11 (+4) Cha 10 (+4)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Please copy your icon located to the right of the map and place yourself anywhere from A12 to C17 before you begin your turn.

map

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Prime advances immediately and attacks the goblin, but his blow isn't too strong or accurate and is easily parried.

[sblock=actions]
start of turn: Start at C12
Move action: Move to current position
Standard action: Shield feint against hobgoblin fails to hit. Hobgoblin is Marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 5
[sblock=Things to remember]
  • Prime has damage reduction 1 against all damage
  • When an enemy marked by Prime makes an attack that doesn’t include him, he can make an Immediate Interrupt to make a Melee Basic Attack against him. If the attack connects, he can push the target up to 3 squares; since interrupts happen before the action that provoked them, pushing an enemy that attacks an ally beyond reach can potentially negate the attack altogether. Notice also that this attack isn’t an opportunity attack
  • Prime has a +2 bonus to hit with Opportunity attacks and if they hit they stop enemies if a move provoked the attack. They can resume moving using other actions.
Trigguers:
Shield Edge Block when the -4 to the enemy’s roll can negate the attack
Guardian’s Counter when an ally within 2 squares is attacked, especially if the swap would negate the attack (it hit the ally’s defense, but is not high enough to hit Prime’s)
[/sblock]
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 23, Fort: 19, Ref: 16, Will: 16
HP:58/58 THP: Bloodied: 29, Surge value:14, Surges/day: 13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1
Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint, Pass Forward
Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Guardian’s Counter, Second Wind, Boots of the Fencing Master
Villain’s Menace, Rain of Steel, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

Last edited:

Drew flips up and seems to lean too much forward as he staggers a bit. Hobgoblin takes the bait and swings at him. The monk accepts the attack rotating his whole body, catching the weapon arm and pushing it just slightly aside so the weapons chops into the guards leg wounding it and causing it to stagger. It creates the opening for Prime which further punishes poor goblinoid.

Buffeted from two sides and with monk directing it's momentum, it ends up almost behind Prime.
[sblock=Draconic]
"The dragon lures it's prey into a trap!"[/sblock]

OOC: since Prime's attack is interrupt it happens before the push I think so I applied flanking bonus to his attack.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Get up (if needed, not sure if almost knocks him down is meant literally)
Move: Shift to H5
Standard: Drunken Monkey vs Will HIT for 9+6
Free Action Attack: HIT, 9
Prime's Attack: HIT, 10

Target is pushed to G8 - I'll let [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] decide if his attack will push it further

TOTAL DAMAGE: 15+19 = 34. Maximum effect from Drunken Monkey :D
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Target is pushed to G8 - I'll let [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] decide if his attack will push it further
[/sblock]

Edit: Let's leave the hobgoblin where it was. I started to have a headache trying to decide if pushing with the combat challenge beyond Drew's reach would invalidate drunken monkey, as technically Prime would hit before Drew.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases