[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes, you will comply to our wishes." Vermitrax stated, waving a hand like a jedi, as his spell worked out the rest. However, a better choice of words would have been necessary.

Using Suggestion, rolling diplomacy with a +12 and getting a miserable 14.

dimsdale

First Post
The construct's guarded stance along with the wizard's failed attempt with the power of suggestion provide fuel to the fire to a already energized group of goblins, elated from the recent victory over the rival invading party. The goblins get ready to charge.
Get them! yells one of the new arrivals in the back...and the new battle begins...

monster initiative roll: 1d20+2= 17

ooc: Roll initiative: if above a 17, it's your actions. Have at it. Please do not post an action if your roll is below 17 until the monsters are done with their actions. Also note, some of the baddies have lost many of the hp due to the previous combat. Check the monster stats to see what they are.

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
OOC: Initiative: 20

Gellan lights up at the sounds of imminent conflict and dashes out of the cave opening, charging at the nearest hobgoblin and scoring a heavy blow.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Walk to W-18
Minor: Designate HG2 as Hunter's Quarry
Standard: Charge to U-16, attacking HG2 with MBA. Hits AC 27 for 11 damage.[/sblock]
[sblock="Mini stat"]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 6 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Initiative: +6 Senses: Normal
AC: 21, Fortitude: 20, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 57/57, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges left 7/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Tumbling Dodge, Whirling Frenzy, Whirling Step

Swift Panther Rage, Thunder Hooves Rage, Rage Strike[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Not rolling high enough. But Gellan is within 2 squares, so there's a good chance I can use Guardian's Counter

[sblock=A guide to Prime's immediate actions]
With all the immediate action Prime is gathering, he’s becoming a complex character to have in pbp. In order to reduce the amount of retconning, feel free to use one of these actions at the first chance it could be reasonably useful, in the following order of priority:

• Combat Challenge (fighter feature, at will), a MBA he can make against a Marked enemy who shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include Prime. Notice that he can push enemies up to 3 squares with this attack: since combat challenge is an interrupt, this has the potential to completely negate an attack if it pushes the enemy beyond melee range. Otherwise use the push to disrupt the enemy strategy as much as possible.
  • Opportunity attack: Prime has a +2 to hit with OAs and a hit stops the target's movement (target can resume movement with new actions).
  • Guardian’s counter (Encounter power), If an ally within 2 is being hit but the attack wouldn’t hit Prime or the damage to the ally would be severe
  • Shield Edge Block (Encounter power), when he’s hit by a melee or close attack and a -4 penalty to hit would make the attack fail.
  • Unbreakable (Encounter power), if hit by an attack that deals 10 or more damage (he’d negate 9 with the power -which isn’t described as damage reduction-, then 1 from armor property)
If you roll any attack granted by any of these actions, don't forget Prime's Warforged Tactics feat: +1 to hit enemies adjacent to at least one ally.

[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 6

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
Defenses: AC: 24/24, Fort: 20/20, Ref: 17/17, Will: 17/17
HP:64/64 THP: 0 Bloodied: 32, Surge value:16, Surges/day: 11/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1
Powers:
Tide of Iron, Resolute Shield, Pass Forward
Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Unbreakable, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Villain’s Menace, Rain of Steel, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

Last edited:

Initiative (1d20+6=20)

Drew runs just in front of Ghelan, but veers aside and strikes moments after him. Two handed darting strike and for barest of moments Drew grabs the armor of the goblin and as he retreats goblin staggers a bit coming out of balance, tottering for a moment before collapsing into unconciousness.

"I didn't kill this one, but don't push it! We reduced this ones group to nothing with their warlord and mages! What do you think will happen to you!? Stop the nonsense and parley!"

OOC: I'm hoping this position will trigger an attack which Prime will Guardian Counter and then I can use my burst two next round when they bunch up a bit :)

EDIT: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], I just realized HG2 had only 1 hp and dies from the breeze. so no movement, he dies from initial hit...and FoB awaits some poor schumck who triggers OA from Drew :) and Drew would be in T16 if you allow it

[sblock=Actions]
Move: T16
Standard: Fallen Needle vs Ref (HG2); damage (1d20+7=22, 1d10+6=12) - non-lethal, unconcious
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I'm hoping this position will trigger an attack which Prime will Guardian Counter and then I can use my burst two next round when they bunch up a bit :)
OOC: Strictly speaking, Prime can't use guardian's counter on Drew right now. The power's wording says that you shift 2 squares, swapping positions. The problem is that square T18 is blocking terrain: you can't cut corners through it, so Prime (and drew) should have to move through U17 first and can't reach each other's squares.

OOC: Strictly speaking, Prime can't use guardian's counter on Drew right now. The power's wording says that you shift 2 squares, swapping positions. The problem is that square T18 is blocking terrain: you can't cut corners through it, so Prime (and drew) should have to move through U17 first and can't reach each other's squares.

Well, maybe then [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] will allow me to get into T16 (which should allow the shift, right?)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax frowns. "Have it your way then vermin; I'll take whatever I want from your corpses, and then; then the real fun begins!" The wizard extends a had at one of the scar clan's corpses. His fingers tighten with effort, as he begins chanting an unseen spell, in the dark speech of Moil. The corpse begins twitching...

Initiative: 6

Remove ads