[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Is this possibly the item we were sent to find?" muses Gellan as he stares at the floating disk. "The one that breaks the dragon's power?"

[sblock=New Ministat -- level 6!]Gellan Bonesaw - Level 6 Halfling Barbarian
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Initiative: +6 Senses: Normal
AC: 21, Fortitude: 20, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 57/57, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges left 8/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Pressing Strike, Whirling Rend
Second Chance, Whirling Lunge, Hunter's Quarry
Combat Sprint, Tumbling Dodge, Whirling Frenzy, Whirling Step

Swift Panther Rage, Thunder Hooves Rage, Rage Strike[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Just shut up and don't touch anything. You are not capacitated to discriminate that from a saucepan." scowls the wizard, still busy with the papers "Hmp, you can't even write down your own name..." he adds, more to himself.

dimsdale

First Post

OOC: Vermitrax checks the papers for clues and info.

[sblock=Vermetrax]
After analyzing the papers you gather that they are attack plans for a surprise attack on the goblin clan with the scar across their chest. The maps show the river travels east of this cave for 10 miles or so before it reaches a waterfall. From that location the raiding party beach their canoes and travel down a path that leads to the base of the waterfall, which is the location of the goblin fortress. The attack is to take place at night. Various maps of the goblin fortress are shown, but are not the same. Information must have been obtained about the fortress from different sources. One thing is the same from all accounts. The fortress entrance is inside the waterfall, which opens into a large open area. The opposite side of the room is a passage leading deeper into the fortress.

Besides the attack plans there is a parchment stating that the orb is there and they are to obtain it at once. A cruel death is the result for not succeeding with the mission. The letter is signed with the letter V. You notice that the ink used for the parchment is blood.

[/sblock]

As the mage focuses on the papers on the table, the bard rushes foward and opens the chest. A flash of blinding light causes him and those around him to lose their sight for a brief period of time. Soon the temporary blindness wears off and the bard inspects what is inside.

[sblock=Sharpe]
Along with gold coins, various gems, and other items of value you notice a longsword wrapped in silk. As you remove the silk blanket you see a longsword that you can use!

Bard's Songblade +2 (Lvl 6 n+2 item) Enjoy!

total value of gold and gems estimated at 600 gps.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Next time, when I say wait until I check for traps, then wait. Or at least control your urges enough so we can get out of range." sighs the monk

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax pockets the maps and the letters, without further words. He approaches the floating disc, and examines it for a while (arcana: 28). "Interesting..." he comments out loud.

Luinnar

First Post
After several attempts to break the chest open with his sword, Sharpe actually uses the latch. Popping the lid open he begins to root through the contents, throwing expensive vases which smash against the floor, scattering gold coins, and hitting Vermitrax on the head with a gem.

A silk blanket, just what I always wanted! Sharpe shouts with joy, ripping it out of the chest and causing a sword wrapped in it to clatter to the ground.

Betty, you came back! Sharpe shouts, picking up the sword and dropping his old one (formerly known as Betty). A blanket and Betty, who could ask for better gifts from somebody who tried to kill you?!

OOC: The chest contained 100gp (for each PC) worth of valuables.

Thanks for the sword dimsdale!

Not to sound greedy, but you mentioned potions on the warlord I believe? :) (or did the dragon drink them?)

dimsdale

First Post
OOC:

Not to sound greedy, but you mentioned potions on the warlord I believe? :) (or did the dragon drink them?)

ooc: Two potions of extra healing were found by sharpe on the leader. And you are welcome :)

Vermitrax pockets the maps and the letters, without further words. He approaches the floating disc, and examines it for a while (arcana: 28). "Interesting..." he comments out loud.

[sblock=Vermitrax]
As you examine the disc your realize right away that it is some type of communication device. Having never seen one like this before, you manage to find out quickly how to activate it.

Do you wish to proceed in activating it?
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Apes, pay attention: This is a communication device. I could activate it to reach out the other terminal. However, there's the potential danger of warning our enemies of our position and intentions. Personally I would not do this, but, I supposed I could share this bit of knowledge with you and reach a consensus." The wizard informs.

Luinnar

First Post
"Apes, pay attention: This is a communication device. I could activate it to reach out the other terminal. However, there's the potential danger of warning our enemies of our position and intentions. Personally I would not do this, but, I supposed I could share this bit of knowledge with you and reach a consensus." The wizard informs.
What is that? I was not paying attention. Sharpe says looking at the object, too busy poking holes in the silk blanket to listen. Is that the thing we are suppose to find for the dragon that the bald guy told us about?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases