[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe sings the goblin song, a "fun" little song about slaughtering goblins in various ways. The party seems strangely soothed by it.

OOC: Song of rest, +5 to healing surge value.

So way that suppose to be an ambush? I guess the goblin betrayed us... If we ever find him I'll have to add another line to the goblin song in his honor! Sharpe says.

"Didn't look like ambush. They were hastily assembled and there were non-combatants. You shouldn't have targeted them, mage. They did nothing. This will only reinforce the willingness to help in other goblins, but not if we slaughter every one of them."

OOC: Thanks, dimdale :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You shouldn't tell me what to do simpleton. Limit yourself to your mundane arts of fighting, and let thinking to those who have the capacity to it. We'll secure the information we need, and then kill every last one of them, claim whatever spoils of war we can and be on our way. They are pathetic, and can't stand a full assault like this." the mage retorts dryly. "Do you have a problem with it? Perhaps our valiant leader Sharpe and his dragon, the real one, would be willing to hear you, be all ears. Or all teeth."

"You have loud mouth for someone who kills helpless goblins instead of guards and fighters. And if not for me or Prime or even Sharpe, well actually if you had whole team of you instead of us, you'd be doing your thinking from the hind end of an ogre. One would expect someone of your intellect and experience to be more mature."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The mage cackles a short laugh-snort. "Helpless if caught unprepeared, if armed and ready, they are not so easy beaten. Better to cut the grass before it grows too long. And remind me to kill any child, or pregnant goblin. Also you mention the ogre. I bent his will at my leisure; no my young monk, what you call maturity is the discipline of not surpassing your own potential that your masters preach. Balance, and what not. A pitiful philosophy. Now let us leave or banter for later, it's getting late, and I'm still wining on the head count." leaving the irony floating in the air, the mage gives his back to the monk, his cape fluttering behind him, as he advances int the cave. Irony or not, the mage does seem keen on killing whatever he finds. After all he knew the black dragon was being controlled and used to fight the group against it's will, but didn't hesitate in killing it, nor adviced the contrary when there was enough time.

Luinnar

First Post
This philosophical conversation about killing was too much for Sharpe's mind to handle, so it wandered off to thinking about dragons.

OOC: No surges spent for Sharpe or dragon.

Last edited:

Drew sighs and shakes his head sadly.
"Sad when one gets so engrossed in his own greatness to become blind to the realities of life. And talking about things he knows nothing about."

He talks to the wizards back, meditating on the implications of mages power.
"I'm but an acolyte of my temple, I look forward to growing. I'll also monitor my arrogance to see if it comes from power or it is your own failing."

OOC: 1 surge for Drew to full hp for total of 6/8 surges

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
It takes but a few moments for Prime to fix the few bent pieces of his armor (or body. It’s difficult to tell what is what) that were damaged in the fight.

+++Those goblins are not a threat and therefore of no concern of us. We still have a wizard to deal with and the less time we spend arguing or slaughtering the better.+++

He advances next to the big door and tries to discern if there’s some kind of danger beyond.

OOC: After the short rest I spend one healing surge to top hit points, then move to K23 and use Perception trying to listen to whatever could be behind it.

[sblock=mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 5
[sblock=Things to remember]
  • Prime has damage reduction 1 against all damage
  • When an enemy marked by Prime makes an attack that doesn’t include him, he can make an Immediate Interrupt to make a Melee Basic Attack against him. If the attack connects, he can push the target up to 3 squares; since interrupts happen before the action that provoked them, pushing an enemy that attacks an ally beyond reach can potentially negate the attack altogether. Notice also that this attack isn’t an opportunity attack
  • Prime has a +2 bonus to hit with Opportunity attacks and if they hit they stop enemies if a move provoked the attack. They can resume moving using other actions.
Trigguers:
Shield Edge Block when the -4 to the enemy’s roll can negate the attack
Guardian’s Counter when an ally within 2 squares is attacked, especially if the swap would negate the attack (it hit the ally’s defense, but is not high enough to hit Prime’s)
[/sblock]
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 23/23, Fort: 19/19, Ref: 16/16, Will: 16/16
HP:58/58 THP: 0 Bloodied: 29, Surge value:14, Surges/day: 11/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1
Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint, Pass Forward
Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Villain’s Menace, Rain of Steel, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: I love the banter back-and-forth between the necromancer and the monk.

[sblock=spoiler]
The next room will be the halfway point of this adventure. I will hand out xp (time and monsters killed) after what takes place beyond the closed double doors. Everyone will most likely level. You can level your characters but will not have a chance to spend your gold for new items. I will give time gold at the end of the adventure.
[/sblock]

Prime moves to the doors. Without attempting to open the door he does notice a key hole in the center of the door. The construct then stands motionless, listening to the sounds beyond the door

[sblock=Prime]
You hear the pattering of feet going from one place to another in response to one voice of authority, yelling as if barking out orders.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
A keyhole! Sharpe says not so perceptively. Let me try my grandma's hat pin trick! he says, pulling a pin out and sticking it in the lock and expertly picking it.

OOC: Thievery=21, no thieves tools used.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases