[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post

"Is there anything special he did before entering or was it simply forbidden for you?"

Hmmm?...oh no...no no...he just killed one who tried to go in there

The former captive sniper then leads the monk down the passage to the river.

[sblock=Drew]
You see a wide open exit with a with a river flowing from left to right. From the cave exit to the river is a sandy area. It is clear to you that at one time this area was filled with goblin types based on the amount of footprints around the surrounding area. An area that once had may canoes type boats now only has 3. Paddles are inside the boat. Scraps of tattered adventuring gear and food scraps are everywhere as it seems that the raiding party had a quick bite to eat before they departed. By your account, you guess that the party launch their boats no later than a day ago.
[/sblock]

Moments later the goblin returns with the monk. The goblin scurries over to the rest of his group and then departs.

Meanwhile, Sharpe's search on the warlord yields a few extra healing potions, but nothing more of value in terms of equipment and weapons.

OOC: I'm going to award your xp at this point. Level up if you have the xp to do so. Please update your stat blocks in your next post.

South passage leads to river landing
East passage leads to ??? I'm sorry Sharpe, but it looks as if the dragon wont fit through that one :(

[sblock=XP to this point of the adventure]

XP for monsters and time is shown here

Note: Time gold will be given at the end of the adventure.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

East passage leads to ??? I'm sorry Sharpe, but it looks as if the dragon wont fit through that one :(

Which of course doesn't preclude human dragon to enter it and scout it out.
Take short rest.

Drew goes in after only short pause, checking it before returning to rest more fully.

"Should we launch immediately after them? There are boats, but we would go blindly."

Luinnar

First Post
South passage leads to river landing
OOC: Can't large creatures "squeeze" though areas 1 size smaller? (or is it small?)

Updated sblock, don't have time to update character sheet. (assuming an extended rest)

[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 5
Init: +2, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 12
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 14 Will 18, Spd: 5
HP 51/51
Bloodied 25 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +5 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X2, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 14+60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 0/1
AC 20-; Fortitude 20; Reflex 17; Will 17
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Which of course doesn't preclude human dragon to enter it and scout it out.
Take short rest.

Drew goes in after only short pause, checking it before returning to rest more fully.

"Should we launch immediately after them? There are boats, but we would go blindly."

+++Damage sustained is minimal. I don't need repairing or maintenance, yet. So I'm ready to go.+++

+++Also we'll go blindly if we go now or later.+++

[sblock=A guide to Prime's immediate actions]
With all the immediate action Prime is gathering, he’s becoming a complex character to have in pbp. In order to reduce the amount of retconning, feel free to use one of these actions at the first chance it could be reasonably useful, in the following order of priority:

• Combat Challenge (fighter feature, at will), a MBA he can make against a Marked enemy who shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include Prime. Notice that he can push enemies up to 3 squares with this attack: since combat challenge is an interrupt, this has the potential to completely negate an attack if it pushes the enemy beyond melee range. Otherwise use the push to disrupt the enemy strategy as much as possible.
  • Opportunity attack: Prime has a +2 to hit with OAs and a hit stops the target's movement (target can resume movement with new actions).
  • Guardian’s counter (Encounter power), If an ally within 2 is being hit but the attack wouldn’t hit Prime or the damage to the ally would be severe
  • Shield Edge Block (Encounter power), when he’s hit by a melee or close attack and a -4 penalty to hit would make the attack fail.
  • Unbreakable (Encounter power), if hit by an attack that deals 10 or more damage (he’d negate 9 with the power -which isn’t described as damage reduction-, then 1 from armor property)
[/sblock]
[sblock=updated mini-stats] Prime Warforged Fighter 6

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
Defenses: AC: 24/24, Fort: 20/20, Ref: 17/17, Will: 17/17
HP:64/64 THP: 0 Bloodied: 32, Surge value:16, Surges/day: 11/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1
Powers:
Tide of Iron, Resolute Shield, Pass Forward
Hack and Hew, Shield Edge Block, Warforged Resolve, Unbreakable, Guardian’s Counter, Boots of the fencing master, Second Wind
Villain’s Menace, Rain of Steel, Knockback Warhammer[/sblock]

OOC: I'll be leaving town starting this friday until January 5th. Access to internet isn't guaranteed, but I'll try to post as often as I can. In any case, don't wait for me

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Let's not delay further." cuts in Vermitrax. "I'm eager to see what awaits at the end of this corridor."

OOC: 260 xp more and Vermitrax levels up again! Yay!

dimsdale

First Post

Are you referring to the small passage? If so, this is what you see

[sblock=Drew]
The corridor goes about 30 feet before making a turn to the left, opening into 30 by 30 square room. It is obviously the living quarters for the warlord. Besides a sleeping area you see the following items of interest:

1. a large chest next to the bed
2. a table with parchments strewn about: some of them look like maps
3. another table with a strange device. Hoving above the table is an upright floating disc (1/2 a meter in diameter). It's color is a dull grey.

[/sblock]

"Sharpe, leave the dragon and get inside! You too Vermitrax."

While they are coming Drew checks the chest and the room for traps, motioning them to wait before his round is complete.

"What do you think? Can we use it somehow?"

Luinnar

First Post
With some butter and several half-giants pushing it maybe....
"Sharpe, leave the dragon and get inside! You too Vermitrax.""
Fine, fine! Stay! he says to the dragon, entering after Drew.

OOC: Assuming the sblock thing as well :)

Treasure! Sharpe yells, rushing over and trying to open the box.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Of course, you overly unperceptive contraption." replies Vermitrax rather annoyed. But the wizard's attnetion is on the maps and papers on the table. "Leave the disc alone, I'll get to it after I examine these documents." he says over his shoulders, not taking the sight from the papers.

OOC: Vermitrax checks the papers for clues and info.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases