Merric's Erratically Updated Reviews of old D&D adventures

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I'm quite indebted to Shannon Appelcline's research - and that of others - when I'm trying to discover the historical context for the reviews. :)

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
Have you read _Playing at the World_ yet, Merric? Would be curious to hear your thoughts (but it may be earlier in focus than you're intersted in too, perhaps?).

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I must confess I didn't even know it existed, Allan! Thanks muchly for bringing it to my attention - I'll have a look at it tonight.

My recent reading has been histories of Bronze Age, Greek and Roman Warfare, so I think I can deal with Playing at the World; I'm always interested in seeing how the hobby has developed!

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Lenard Lakofka's L2: The Assassin's Knot is the latest of my reviews. I gained a new appreciation of the adventure whilst rereading it for the review, but I still think it's very, very challenging to run.

B5: Horror on the Hill and I4: Oasis of the White Palm are next on my list. (I might get to one today, but more likely after a lot of gaming this weekend!)

Cheers!

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
Slightly off-topic, but can anyone recall the name of the module that was simply the amalgamation of B1 to B4 (or B5)?

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
B1-9 In Search of Adventure. (It contains bits of each of those adventures, out of order and chopped to pieces).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases