Revenge of the Giants Review

Ryujin

Legend
Watch out, in this module, as you're approaching the endgame. The second to last section has a typo, on the cut-away map that's meant to be your key to the whole shee-bang. There's also a rather important piece of information/description, missing from a room that's of major importance to that section.

I wish to the Dark Lady that they'd errata these bloody adventures. I really like it, but how do you miss things that are THAT important?

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Watch out, in this module, as you're approaching the endgame. The second to last section has a typo, on the cut-away map that's meant to be your key to the whole shee-bang. There's also a rather important piece of information/description, missing from a room that's of major importance to that section.

I wish to the Dark Lady that they'd errata these bloody adventures. I really like it, but how do you miss things that are THAT important?

Which bit?

Ryujin

Legend
Which bit?

[sblock=This bit:] In the Flamefall Tower cut-away map, they list two areas as "T14." The higher one is meant to be T13, not T14.

The "important bit" they left out, is the listing for the control levers in the Audience Chamber. They aren't anywhere in the room description. Are you supposed to hand-wave that the party don't notice them, when they win the fight and toss the room? Are they supposed to ignore them, for some reason?

When I ran that fight, I had the levers be hidden behind the "battered shields" on the south wall. The party quickly worked out what they do, but haven't guessed their significance yet. As a matter of fact they rearranged the towers, then put them right back as they were when they arrived, without realizing it.

My players have just completed the Summoning Chamber encounter.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Nice, though I had to look up the definition of abseil to be sure. Odd that UK English takes the German root and American English uses rappel, derived from French.

Ryujin

Legend
Oddly enough my group found the Physadros encounter to be one of the tougher ones they faced. With him starting bloodied, it seriously limited the options for their Pacifist, though the situation seemed ideal for the Charging Barbarian.

The Court of Fallen Leaves encounter was, I think, their favourite in the whole module. I made it completely free form, moving from group to group at whim.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases