Revenge of the Giants Review

Ryujin

Legend
Note on "condition stoppers": Because of my party's make-up and the Pacifist Cleric's tendency to not miss (I never seem to get to see his dice rolls), I had to give most of my Solos a save at the beginning of the turn, in addition to the end, or they'd never get to do anything at all. In some cases I allowed that save to work on conditions that a save couldn't end.

Unfortunately, in the case of Acererak, the melee characters managed to just rush in and wail on him, pretty much before he could do much. Very anti-climactic.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Note on "condition stoppers": Because of my party's make-up and the Pacifist Cleric's tendency to not miss (I never seem to get to see his dice rolls), I had to give most of my Solos a save at the beginning of the turn, in addition to the end, or they'd never get to do anything at all. In some cases I allowed that save to work on conditions that a save couldn't end.

Unfortunately, in the case of Acererak, the melee characters managed to just rush in and wail on him, pretty much before he could do much. Very anti-climactic.

That's what happened for me, but since Acererak has lots of bursts and blasts, I found no problem with hit. I try to give solos a selection effect removal, just so it isn't dull and predictable, mostly I want to allow effects to be useful but cripple the monster.

Ryujin

Legend
That's what happened for me, but since Acererak has lots of bursts and blasts, I found no problem with hit. I try to give solos a selection effect removal, just so it isn't dull and predictable, mostly I want to allow effects to be useful but cripple the monster.

Once they moved in on him, the damned Pacifist hit him with a -6 to attacks and defences. That pretty much did him in. Now that we've finally finished Revenge, if I use another canned adventure series, I'll be rebuilding the enemies to suit the party better. Not to specifically hobble their abilities, because that's never any fun, but to at least make it more of a challenge.

Creatures that like to swallow Clerics and have massive initiative bonuses will be high on my list :lol:

Cybit

First Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the links? I click on them, and then it just takes me to the home page of all EN forums.

One of my long term projects is to rewrite the entire module from start to finish with MM3 updates / clearing up encounter issues.

Ryujin

Legend
Is anyone else having trouble with the links? I click on them, and then it just takes me to the home page of all EN forums.

One of my long term projects is to rewrite the entire module from start to finish with MM3 updates / clearing up encounter issues.

There must be a problem with the blog, as I've been able to see the posts in the past.

It's definitely a good idea to do the MM3 update. Especially so, if you've got an optimized party going through it.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
As part of an attempt to sort out some forum speed issues blogs have been removed for the moment. Hopefully they will return soon, and I'll get my data back... I must learn to save blogs in some other format on my home machine, I lost my blog on WotC during some of the early DDi changes. I will if people want continue to post in this very thread.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases