HM's Skull & Shackles AP-OOC

rangerjohn

Explorer
Either way I would need to find another position on the crew. Gestalt mowgli is equal to me as navigator and will only leave me behind. The only position in regular rules, all I can see for him is marine.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I wish you'd reconsider, rangerjohn! I think there's some room for duplication, especially at first. My plan for Kolto is to progress him as a face man/support caster - very different from the scout/skirmisher possibilities Telethel presents.

With a Gestalt game it makes sense for most characters to combine a martial class with a casting or 'other' class, so at first the characters will often look similar. Backgrounds and personalities can also separate characters ("role-playing" as well as "roll-playing," right? ;)).

I was actually looking over Telethel and thinking of ways I could make Kolto's personality work for some RP mileage with him.

Blood and Honor

First Post
If thats how you feel we can't stop you, except by this Compulsion spell I am casting, but if you wish to bow out I'll respect that. I hope you stay though man.

I still wish we had a RG:heh:.

rangerjohn

Explorer
I wasn't just thinking martial/caster, like I say I expected that. But he's better than me at everything. Like I say I don't know where he would fit on the crew.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hmmm. I've never played a Magus, but my understanding is that they're a slow starting class, taking a few levels to start to shine. Maybe Rogue would be a better fit after all. You'd lose the full BAB, but pick up more skill points. And I could see some really nice interplay between your spell lists and weapon choice and the Rogue's stealth and sneak attack abilities. A good trap-spotter and disabler is always a fine addition to a team. Not to mention the right choice of Rogue Talents would complement your Magus abilities as well.

rangerjohn

Explorer
If I did that, You would really outshine him. I don't need more skill points. About the only thing a rogue would bring to the table is sneak attack. I doubt we'll be encountering many traps in this campaign.

sunshadow21

Explorer
I don't know exactly what everyone else has, but perhaps in addition to skirmisher, you could add another ranger archetype like guide, scout, or infiltrator, rangerjohn. Infilitrator could work particularly well in conjunction with Mowgli's character. As a bard, Mowgli's character could get their attention, and you could use the distraction to blend in and either get information that Mowgli's character couldn't or strike from an unexpected direction if combat came. Basically try to catch the opponent between the two of you before they even know you're there.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I guess in looking over the sheets, I'm having a hard time seeing where Kolto is better at much of anything. Attack/Damage is about the same - Kolto has a slight edge due to weapon choice and using Finesse. Skills are almost exactly the same, though Kolto has some glaring shortfalls (Perception and Sense Motive). Telethel has the edge in AC, and his saving throws are better (WILL is better, the others are equal) since one of his primary stats actually is a saving throw stat.

I'm guessing that due to the presumed nature of the campaign we're all going to be looking at nautically themed characters, so there's going to be some duplication. We'll sail, we'll fight, we'll sail some more. So that's what I built for.

It's up to you, of course, but I'd hate to see you bow out. On the other hand, I really like what I've done with Kolto, and I've got some cool ideas percolating for background, so I'm very much hoping the Gestalt game makes.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Got a question for y'all.

I notice that our only arcanists are a bard and a magus.

I've been focusing on divine casters, but it occurs to me that we lack a full arcane caster too. A Witch could handle healing AND arcane magic, for example. At least to an extent.

Or it may be that between the Bard and Magus, they'll have sufficient access to arcane spells that we're good.

Anyway, after long perusal, I'm leaning towards an Aquatic Druid combined with...um...something else. I'm still not sure precisely what yet. A monk has strong synergies, but the lawful alignment req is pesky. A Savage fighter has some good synergy with Wild Shape...though aquatic druids get reduced wildshape powers.

Anyone have suggestions for a strong druid gestalt combo?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I don't know exactly what everyone else has, but perhaps in addition to skirmisher, you could add another ranger archetype like guide, scout, or infiltrator, rangerjohn. Infilitrator could work particularly well in conjunction with Mowgli's character. As a bard, Mowgli's character could get their attention, and you could use the distraction to blend in and either get information that Mowgli's character couldn't or strike from an unexpected direction if combat came. Basically try to catch the opponent between the two of you before they even know you're there.

Some excellent suggestions in here, sunshadow!

Got a question for y'all. Anyone have suggestions for a strong druid gestalt combo?

I like the Monk idea. Great synergy with druid, as you're not adding another stat to the MAD monk, and you're making WIS do double duty! Is it the hints that we'll be out reaving that makes the alignment problematic? If so, I'd suggest that defining a code of conduct for him to stick with would be a good way to go. (The Pirate Code, anyone? :D).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases