HM's Skull & Shackles AP-OOC

Kaodi

Hero
Sounds like a winner for most untrusted character in the group. We all know which stat is getting boosted down. :p Play whatever you like the key is to have fun.
HM

You mean charisma? Sadly enough ninjas actually need that silly stat for ki, otherwise you are damn straight it would be no higher than eight, hehehehe...

My character is basically this:

Male Human Ninja 1, Neutral Evil
Alternate Racial Feature: Heart of the Fields: Profession (Boater)
Str 15, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 14
Traits Deft Dodger and To Be Determined
Skills Acrobatics, Appraise, Climb, Escape Artist, Perception, Profession (Boater), Stealth, Swim
Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Nimble Moves

Blood and Honor

First Post
I'm thinking sea reaver barbarian//rogue pirate for the gestalt if we find 1 more player. Anyone from your CC gestalt game want to participate?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Argh! I missed this? I really wanted to try it too!

Darn it! Get one little virus and spend a day in the air and you miss it.

Well...next time. There will always be a next time. Have fun y'all. :)

There is always room for @Shayuri . :) I will be more than likely running two games, one a gestalt - would you like to be the fourth player for that? They seem to be missing something on the divine side.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Let's see trying to answer/comment on as much as I can...

Try this link for gestalt rules

And I am ok with Alchemist. And yes I think we will be using the firearms rules. I'm sure they will have cannons in this AP and I need to see the rules in play. No one need be a gunslinger though, I'm sure their will be an NPC or two about.

Combat style - is there anything in two weapon fighting that the ranger gets that can help with Spell Combat?? The big thing about the ranger combat styles is getting a good feat early and without the pre reqs. - Did you look at Skirnir (shieldmadien)?? from UC and then maybe take Weapon and Shield style?

Ninja looks good Kadoi - Equipment is the key to a nija and can't wait to see what you buy. If you are in with kinem then we have two players for that group and just need some warrior types.

Pirate is an arch-type in UC - It's how rogues get their Sea Legs. :p

HM

rangerjohn

Explorer
UC is the one book I don't have access to. As for shield maiden, I don't know but from the name it sounds like its completely at odds with magus. The point is not to have something in the off hand. Scratch that, Skirnir is magus isn't it? I take a look.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
If you'll look back I did catch myself on that. But while technically an archtype for magus, it almost castrates it. You get the ability to use a shield and basically give up spell casting to get it. Diminished spellcasting, arcane bond which in this AP will be lost, cannot cast spells with weapon in hand till 8th level. Just what is this offering a ranger exactly? Or the primary spellcaster of the group?

rangerjohn

Explorer
Basically, if I went with that archtype, I would go in knowing that until I came up with a least 400 gp plus the cost of a mw shield, if not provided by the adventure; I could not cast spells. If I did not sacrifice this gold before 3rd level it just gets worse. So I would be basically a skirmisher who could for a few minutes a day make my sword or shield +1. Basically, this archtype would be a hindrance, not a benefit. In case you are curious this is the cost to replace a bonded object (200* level) plus cost of mw object. Until this is done, you must make a concentration check to cast any spell.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases