HM's Skull & Shackles AP-OOC

ghostcat

First Post
Corr spend a day thinking about a class and the whole thread goes bananas :)

Is there still room HM. If so, I was originally considering a Bard (Archaeologist) but would be happy to help you out with a pure fighter instead.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, got my character done. Fetchling Bard (Sea Singer)//Fighter (Mobile Fighter). I'll post the full sheet when I get to a computer w/ Internet, but for now:

STR: 14
DEX: 16
CON: 10
INT: 14
WIS: 10
CHA: 15

Chain Shirt + DEX = AC 17
Feats: EWP Elven Curve Blade, Undecided (may go with TWF to use with Warhammer/Dagger/Whip as an augment to the Curveblade).

He'll also have the obligatory Longbow, of course . . .

Except for the fact that all dice rollers are cursed for me, he'll be pretty effective in melee and should be a solid support for the rest of the group as well.

BTW, the Serpent's Skull AP set up the first encounter without equipment as well. Though we can't know for sure, I believe they'll write our starting equipment back in eventually.

Last edited:

Blood and Honor

First Post
So after 8 hours of time to think I have a few more ideas floating around. The first is ranger//rogue, sea rager barbarian//inquisitor, or rogue//inquisitor.

Maybe even alchemist (ragechemist)//sea rager barbarian...that looks like a killer.

Shayuri

First Post
Yay!

Love to.

Now...gestalt. I must read the rules for this. Also, divine caster in a nautical game, eh? A druid, perhaps...or an oracle of weather or sea...

Ooo...man. What if I do a gestalt sorceror and oracle? PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWAH!

*later, after reading* Oh, can't do that. Ok. Hee!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As good as that sounds. Under Mowgli's gestalt rules you can only be 1 caster class:(.

Yeah, I found in my games that allowing dual caster Gestalts led to exacerbating the higher level power gap between them and non-casters. At higher levels this frequently left melee and rogue types feeling pretty much useless.

However, it's HM's game and he might allow it . . . A compromise that is somewhat less unbalancing would be to allow only one full casting class. This would still not allow the Sorcerer//Oracle, but would open up a few more combinations.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
@HM, your analysis of the magus is spot on. The skirnir on the other hand.... Most of what makes the magus unique is taken away by the archtype. It makes it more a pure warrior, who throws a spell out once or twice a day. About like a bard. When combined with a warrior class, it doesn't bring much to the table.

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey HM,
Saw you were thinking about this in Creamsteak's thread and was excited. the fact that it doesn't start in earnest until Feb is actually a good thing as I am a bit overloaded right now but this sounds so fun.

So if you still have room, please consider me to play. I would be willing to play either set, (standard or gestalt).

Shayuri

First Post
I'm absolutely cool with the limitation, honestly. I just got ahead of myself and started thinking ideas before reading the rules.

And I can get some sorceror class features with feats if I really want to go the "Oracle with a mysterious heritage" route.

Another idea I was considering was a druid/ranger with aquatic subtypes, or druid/monk... Lots of possibilities... Right now I'm still just looking at all the weird variant character classes and trying to decide what fits best the vague idea swirling in my head. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases