HM's Skull & Shackles AP-OOC

Fenris

Adventurer
Ok now to see who is left for the "regular" game...

Kadoi - Ninja (Pirate PrC)
sunshadow21 - Storm Druid
kinem - Alchemist
Insight - Flowing Monk
Fenris - unknown

Please let me know.

HM

Ok, let me parse the classes a bit, it seems we have a rogue/skill monkey, a druid who could be a healer, a monk (mobile fighter?). I am not sure about how an alchemist fits in, would they count as an arcane caster with all thier flasks and whatnot? Just trying to see if there is a gaping hole we need to fill. A meat shield would be good it seems, or perhaps a traditional arcane caster depending on how the alchemist is. Thoughts from my teammates?

sunshadow21

Explorer
Someone else that could provide at least secondary healing would be good. Lightning Thunderval can heal, but it's not his speciality, and making him do so would make him on a regular basis would likely make him quite grumpy.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Do you all have a preference to the game you play before Skull & Shackles comes out?

List of games:

Hollow's Last Hope
Master of the Fallen Fortress
The Devil We Know(pt1) - Shipyard Rats
Skeleton Moon

Please let me know.

HM

I've both played and run Shipyard Rats, so I'd prefer we not use that one for the Gestalt game. Don't really know anything about the others, so any of them would be fine with me. I'll play Shipyard Rats if that's what the others in the Gestalt game want, of course, it's just not my preference.

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] Did you miss this?

Corr spend a day thinking about a class and the whole thread goes bananas :)

Is there still room HM. If so, I was originally considering a Bard (Archaeologist) but would be happy to help you out with a pure fighter instead.

I seem to have missed out. Still not to worry. Let me know if you have a space anytime.

Fenris

Adventurer
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] Did you miss this?

I seem to have missed out. Still not to worry. Let me know if you have a space anytime.

He indeed may have. But I think a Bard (Archaeologist) would be the perfect companion to the existing party. So much so that I will step aside and give my spot to ghostcat since he has an idea for a PC and posted before I did in any case.

Insight

Adventurer
Do you all have a preference to the game you play before Skull & Shackles comes out?

List of games:

Hollow's Last Hope
Master of the Fallen Fortress
The Devil We Know(pt1) - Shipyard Rats
Skeleton Moon

Please let me know.

HM

Since Reiko is a prize fighter on the docks of some port city, I like the idea of Shipyard Rats (based on the name alone; I have no information on any of these and have not played them).

kinem

Adventurer
I second Shipyard Rats for the regular game.

The alchemist is something of a jack-of-all-trades, except for social skills. His ranged attacks are pretty good and are well suited for numerous but weak enemies, because of the splash. By third level he should be able to toss bombs into melee without too much risk of friendly fire. He'll function as a secondary arcane caster at higher levels. If he has time to buff, he can get his AC pretty high. He has limited self-healing ability that at higher levels could be extended to others. He's good at appraising treasure and can identify magic items.

I would agree that another healer would be useful, such as ghostcat's bard.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I sure did miss your post somewhere ghostcat, and would love to have you. That would make 6 and the max for characters so you may by default of being a nice guy join us [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION]

Ok re-group group:

ghostcat - Bard(Archaeologist)
Kadoi - Ninja (Pirate PrC)
sunshadow21 - Storm Druid
kinem - Alchemist
Insight - Flowing Monk
Fenris - unknown

Just need a martial character, as I think the game (or your GM) will provide to fill in gaps. A wand of cure light here, or an NPC barbarian there, etc.

I will be getting you all an RG up tonight - till then I have games to advance. Please start on inter-party relationships when you have the time.

Will run Shipyard Rats - it will be fun to run once more and add some spice to it that I wasn't allowed to do while running for the PFS. The group will be hired out to find a group of kidnap victims and hopefully save a nobles son before he is shipped off as a galley slave.

Guess what will happen to all of you for ruining that groups plans. ;)

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases