[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Nyar realizes that the liquid wasn't being pumped into the victims, but pumped out of them. This facility was being used to pump people's life essence and bottle it, as some kind of mad necrotic, alchemist ritual.

FourMonos

First Post
The color fades from the weathered mage's face.

"This isn't what we thought at all. They aren't drugging these poor souls. They are draining their life essence."

Putting the drug ring and the horrific scene revealing itself before the group, he postulates, "Maybe the drugs were merely a means to lure victims for this end. To steal their life essence."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: I return on Monday from PAXEast. I'll put up a post then giving the treasure from the chest and bringing the guards in. Feel free to decide otherwise in the meantime and/or keep discussing your new find.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As Christina and Pooh bring the town guard, Baern suddenly remembers the chest and rips it to shreds with a new found urgency. Four guards pour in and are quite befuddled by the scene before them. Corpses on racks, some barely alive. Adventurers, potions and a pile of witnesses.

One steps forward and declares that no one is to touch anything (luckily Baern already managed to stuff his pack full of loot). With no one guard with enough authority to deal with the situation, one is sent away for an inspector. Their dialogue makes it clear the inspector won't be on the scene for at least an hour, and they seem quite split on wether you are to remain for questioning or evicted from the crime scene.

Will you move on now, or wait to be part of the formal investigation?

[sblock=Treasure] Baern manages to scoop up the following:

Christina P+4 Staff of Ruin +2 136 gp
Nyar P+1 Gloaming Cloth Armor +1
Baern P+2 Gleaming Diamond Bracers Heroic
Cairn P+3 Belt of Dwarvenkind
Narvala lvl 6 gold 1,800 gp

Christina, i figured you may like your current staff to just increase in power. the 136 gp represents what you'd gain if you found a new staff and sold the old.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn stands motionless, not threatening the guards in any way. Except for his equipment, he could me mistaken for the statue ornament.

OOC: I would like to stay for investigation, it's Cairns geas, to destroy rhapsody completly.

drothgery

First Post
Narvala waits for the formal investigation, though she's obviously exhausted and if she determines she is not needed for any urgent questioning, she will return to her current lodgings in Sharn and leave her name and address with the authorities.
OOC: Narvala's lawful good, but she's at about half her hit points and is out of surges.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the treasure :)

Well why did you not bring him in the first place? Christina asks the guard as he trots off to get the inspector. I told him that there was dead bodies and bad guys and stuff! Now they can't handle it and have to get an alpha to help? And I'm getting hungry! she says with a huff, sitting down on the floor.

OOC: Just roleplaying, no objections to waiting :)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] I just wanted to check, KD did have the necromancer drop a staff, which wasn't yet identified. Not sure if that was in the notes he had so far. Not sure if that was replaced with the gloaming armor

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases