[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The tavern is pretty much as the team expected. Dark, dismal, and filled with people who have nowhere better to be. There are a variety of races here, but most of the people are humans or goblins. As the group enters, they notice that they stand out quite a bit. The rabble in here are not a threat in any way. Most of the patrons watch the group warily. A few of them, too worn out by life or possibly too drunk to care, do not even look up.

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar walks slowly up to the bar, picking an area where he would not be easily overheard.

"Barkeep. Ale."

He waits for the bartender to walk over, places 5 gold on the counter and whispers, "What I really want is information. We're investigators. Looking for someone making a potion called Rhapsody."

ooc: Nyar is down to 95gp.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Nyar is very subtle, like a ton of rocks! :) WE ARE INVESTIGATORS! COME AND BE APPREHENDED!

Cairn remains near the door and doesn't allow anyone to exit for the moment. Does nothing aggressive, simply stands in the door frame.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The barkeep glances at the money, then at Cairn standing in the doorway. He then casually uses his dirty rag to wipe the spot where the gold was located and sweeps it up so that customers cannot see.

In a low tone he says Yeah, Rhapsodie's all the rage now. Look at these fools. Some of them are taking it. They don't come in here ta drink, they come in ta sit. Me, I don't know nuthing about nobudy that makes it. But, ya can follow any of these louts. They'll walk ya right to it. But, ya heard none of this from me. I gotta repretation to keep.".

The barkeep then walks away from Nyar towards the rest of the group. What'cha having?" he says slightly louder.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The bartender appears sincere. Even the loss of a few customers to a drug instead of to booze would seem to impact his income. And in this neighborhood, money is scarce. The 5 GP that Nyar gave him isn't a fortune, but would probably be his profits for a normal week.

drothgery

First Post
What I could use is a nice Thranish red. I somehow doubt this kind of place keeps good imported wines around, though. She thinks about it for a second -- what was a cheap tavern in this part of Sharn likely to have that's actually drinkable? -- then asked for what was her best guess of the best he'd actually have in stock. She wasn't very good at talking to wary poor people who weren't members of the Church; they had their guard up too much around the rich, aristocrats, and foreign clergy and here she was all three of those. She could read them just as well as anyone else, but actually getting them to talk was a lot more difficult. In Thrane, she could give orders if she needed to, but not here. Best to just observe, for now.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn comes closer to the barkeep and asks:
"Glass of sand." of the barkeep. His stony face cannot crack a grin, but somehow a puff of mist manages it quite well as he adds "Please?"

Luinnar

First Post
Ohh, a tavern! I've never been in one before! Christina says wandering in, bears in tow.

Roarrr! Roars Pooh in response.

Ohh that's right! We've been in one when we first became adventurerers! she says happily. Hey mister! Do ya have any food in this place? She says looking around.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases