[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn moves behind new arrival and swings his halberd over the head of the beast, slamming it into the human and pulling him closer.

He looks down at the thug, slowly getting red marked flask from his belt.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Shift M16, gain +1 AC & Ref
Standard: Thorn Strike vs Human 3 AC; damage (1d20+11+1=25, 1d10+5=10) - on hit, human 3 is pulled to L17
I added +1 in the link, I forgot to account for warforged tactics)
Free: Mark human
Minor: retrieve Alchemist Fire
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
MARKED: humans 3

Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 15, Passive Perception 19
HP 75/84, Bloodied 42, Surge Value 21, Surges 10/13
AC 22; Fortitude 20, Reflex 19, Will 19

MBA: +11 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage (+1 to hit if ally is adjacent to the enemy)

AP 1
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, fear and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike
Guiding Strike
Mountain Stature
Guardian Counter
Guardian Defense

Form of Winter's Herald
Wellspring Strike

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Nyar can't help but smile, "I can't wait to meet the mastermind of this organization. The imagination alone... but I digress, Lady Narvala, what was the Silver Flame's stance on undead again?"

He steps backwards and points his wand at the undead zombie. Whats left of its feeble mind is pelted with images of blades and being swung at it from all sides. With the distraction, the zombie is unable to react to the environment.

"Generally, we prefer to destroy undead as soon as we encounter them." Narvala said, answering Nyar's question as she stepped back. She tossed a bolt of radiant energy at the zombie while she tried to determine if she knew anything that would help defeat it.

"Take the zombies from range if you can; they have an aura, and explode. And use fire or radiant energy." Narvala told the others quickly.

And if they have any intelligence at all, they will either fear a priestess of the Flame, or seek to destroy her right away. She thought.

Oh, a strange doggy! Christina says spotting the Gnoll through the boxes. Rabberta, go and see what it wants!

Now I'll show you Tigger. Christina says pulling out a toad and showing it to the human. See he's a toady! But now he will be a big toady! She says, tossing Tigger into the air. The toad lands nearby and reaches its tongue out and lashes it onto the nearby human, pulling it toward Cairn.

Tigger's vicious tongue slams into Human 3, dropping him down to a lower set of crates. The human responds by punching Tigger in the head.

Baern acknowledges the danger of the nearby zombie, he focuses on the immediate threat and swings Claw at it. Seeing that it is dazed by Nyar's spell, the ranger climbs up two crates nearby.

Cairn moves behind new arrival and swings his halberd over the head of the beast, slamming it into the human and pulling him closer.

He looks down at the thug, slowly getting red marked flask from his belt.

The Humans up above switch targets to Christina's animals. One sling bullet slams into Tigger, and two smash into Pooh. Seeing as he is surrounded, the human on the ground pulls out a vial and drinks it. He then punches Pooh. Pooh vanishes. The human seems to be a bit out of it. Whatever he drank seems to be affecting him.

The Zombies move up to attack. Two attack Narvala. One hits her leg. Although the damage is not severe, ice forms down her legs to the ground, holding her in place. Another Zombie smashes into Rabberta, but ths spirit seems unaffected. And the last Zombie moves up where Pooh was standing. Most of the team is standing next to a Zombie and can feel the bitter cold enter their bodies.

The undead Gnoll moves along the catwalk and creates a loud shrieking sound. This blasts harms Nyar and Narvala, but heals the Zombie.

Another man in leather armor and carrying a staff walks out from the office. "Ah yes, the pesky intruders that are trying to shut down our business. You were saying that you couldn't wait to meet me sir? Well, I am here. Now, look where your interference has led you. To you deaths. Bwa ha ha ha ha." he laughs manically. All eyes are drawn to this man, his very presence affects the room (aura).

[sblock=OOC]
Note: If you cannot see the maps well, you can look at an earlier map to see where the crates are and what color they are.

Note: PCs are still down below the catwalk. If your PC is shown as on top of the catwalk on the map, s/he is really below the catwalk until you get up there.

Nyar hits Zombie 3 for 9.

Narvala hits Zombie 3 for 20.

Tigger hits Human 3 for 11 and pulls it to K17.

Baern misses Zombie 3.

Cairn hits Human 3 for 10. Note: Cristina is in square M16, so Cairn cannot be. To allow Cairn to pull Human 3 to L17, I moved Cairn up on the crates at N16. This also gives him the +2 to all defenses instead of just +1 AC/Reflex.

Human 1 hits Tigger for 9, Human 2 hits Pooh for 8, Human 4 hits Pooh for 8. All vs. Reflex.

16 hits for 9, 7 hits for 8, 16 hits for 8

Human 3 hits Pooh for 6. Pooh disappears and its Aura drops.

12 hits for 6

Zombie 1 misses Narvala. Zombie 3 hits Narvala for 6 and immobilizes her. Zombie 4 hits Rabberta for 10, but does not seem to affect the spirit.

5 misses Narvala, 11 hits Narvala for 6, 15 hits Rabberta for 10

Undead Gnoll hits Nyar and Narvala for 8. Misses Baern. All vs. Fort. Heals Zombie 3. Note: I screwed up the damage roll and rolled 3 times, so we are using the first roll.

13 hits, 12 hits, 7 misses for 8 damage.

28/41 Nyar
75/84 Cairn
45/45 Christina
0/22 Pooh, gone
12/12 Rabberta
9/22 Tigger, bloodied
Human 1, concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
Human 2, concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
33 Human 3, bloodied, marked by Cairn, 10 temporary hit points, Dazed UENT Human 3
12 Human 4, concealment against all but Baern (on green crates up 3)
Zombie 1 (aura 1)
Zombie 2 (aura 1)
24 Zombie 3 (aura 1), grants CA and can not make OA TENT Nyar, Hunter's Quarry by Baern, Narvala and Baern already gained this, but Nyar did not.
Zombie 4 (aura 1)
Undead Gnoll (on catwalk up 4)
Leader (aura 5) (on catwalk up 4)
31/50 Narvala, 5 ongoing cold damage, immobilized UENT Zombie 3
43/62 Baern (on yellow crates up 1)

Nyar and Narvala take 10 cold damage in the aura at the start of their turns. Both will be bloodied at the start of their turns. Narvala will also take the 5 ongoing cold damage for a total of 15.

Cairn takes 5 cold damage in the aura at the start of his turn.

Special note: if a PC enters a Zombie Aura, s/he will take damage as if starting in the aura (5 in one aura, 10 in two auras, etc.).

It's the PC's turn.

Ceiling: The ceiling is 35 feet overhead.

Catwalks: These metallic walkways, standing 20 feet above the floor, aid in the movement and placement of crates. A sequence of chains and pulleys runs across the underside of the catwalks. This enables a character to climb, hand-over-hand, along the underside of these catwalks with a DC 20 Acrobatics or Athletics check, at normal climbing speed. Except where the ladders stand, the catwalk has a railing all the way around. Anyone wishing to deliberately climb or leap over the railing must spend an extra square of movement to do so, and any push, pull, or slide effect that would drag a creature over that railing must also spend an extra square to do so.

Crates: Each individual crate is roughly 5 feet (1 square) high, but they are often stacked two or three crates (that is, 10 or 15 feet, or 2 or 3 squares) in height, as marked on the map. Stepping up on a single crate requires an extra square of movement, while moving down a single crate does not cost any additional movement. Climbing two or three crates requires a DC 18 Athletics check. So, climbing from a height of zero to one crate to two crates to three crates is two squares for the first, two for the second and two for the third without a check. But climbing straight up two crates is an Athletics check.

Ladders: The ladders are all 20 feet (4 squares) in height, but count as 8 squares of movement. A DC 12 Acrobatics or Athletics check allows a character to climb them at the normal 4 squares of movement if the player declares as part of the comment on Invisible Castle that s/he is doing a fast climb.

Stairs: The stairs to the south count as difficult terrain.

The yellow crates are one square high.
The red crates are two squares high.
The green crates are three squares high.

The only light coming in is from the shuttered windows on the outer perimeter of the catwalk (i.e. the edge of the map all of the way around) and the door you guys just opened. So, the lighting on the outer edge of the map (one square's worth) is normal and the light from the door 20 feet into the room is normal. The rest of the room is dim light except for Nyar's Light spell.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 5e.jpg
    Encounter 5e.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Encounter 5f.jpg
    Encounter 5f.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Hey that is not very nice! Christina says upon the destruction of Pooh. You should treat aminals better!

I think we should teach you a lesson! she says, looking angry. She swings her staff knocking the human on the head. As even death cannot keep him away from his prey, Pooh jumps into the action again from behind some of the crates, clawing at the human with its gigantic paws. Finally Tigger's tongue lashes out, smacking the man over the head.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Christina: Shift to M15

Minor:Summon Pooh at M14

Standard:Combined attack vs Human 3. rolls
Christina: Melee 2, 24(+2 from CA) vs AC, 15 damage. Pooh:12(+2 from CA) vs AC 18 damage.

Intrinsic Tigger Action: Melee 3 at human 3 (only one within range) 22 (2 from CA) vs ref 12 damage.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 20+2, Reflex: 15+2, Will: 18+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)

Healing Word 2/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 1/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh the Animal Companion]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:11/22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 power bonus to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh Aura Reminder]
Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 power bonus to allies defenses.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rabberta the Spirit Companion]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta Interupt]
Encounter: World's Speaker's Command
+8 vs Will. The target stops moving and must use a different action to resume moving. Usable when an enemy moves out of a square threatened by Rabberta without shifting.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tigger the Giant Toad]
AC: 20+2, Fort: 20+2, Reflex: 15+2, Will: 18+2
Speed: 5
HP: 9/22

Standard Action: Melee 3; one creature, +8 vs ref, 1d8+5, target is pulled 2 squares.

Special:If you have not given a toad a command by the end of your turn, the toad attacks the same creature it attacked last turn. If it can't do that it attacks nearest enemy withing 3 squares. If it can't do that it moves its speed to a square within 3 squares of the nearest enemy.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], thanks for the positioning, but I don't think Cairn can attack the human from N16 since to K17 there are 3 squares (and Cairn has reach 2 - unless I misunderstood Mountain Stature - I thought it only grants extra reach for that attack) Cairn needs to be in M row to pull to L

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Christina drops the Human and Tigger slams the Zombie.

OOC: [Mention=45]Neurotic.[/Mention] Yeah, that's what happens with mistakes. They start to pile up. I retconed the map since it was still possible by having Cairn move to M17. Hopefully, I didn't mess up anything else.

[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]Take note of the retcon in case you want to change your movement at all. It should still work the same. Tigger attacked the zombie since the human is dead. Christina and Tigger do not take the aura damage since they are not next to the zombie with the retcon, so you can change that on your post.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
I thought you said to stay away from those zombies, wizard. Baern shouts on Nyar. He then climbs up the boxes onto the catwalk. Tossing his handaxe at the man just outside the office before taking the waraxe after the decrepit hyena-man. If this is death he says to the man while his axe is stuck in the gnoll then I don't want any of it!

[sblock]Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Undead Gnoll
Move: Walk to P11
Standard: Throw vs Leader, Move to P10, Stab vs Undead Gnoll
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally)

Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:23 Insight: 16
AC: 21 NAD:19/15/17
HP: 43/62 Surges: 6/8 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness, Serpentine Dodge, Lashing Leaves
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe, Snarling Wolf Stance

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] can you please let me know what damage I'm missing on Nyar? I only saw aura damage (1 round) for 5 damage and 8 from undead gnoll. Shouldn't he be at 28 hp before his turn starts?

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] can you please let me know what damage I'm missing on Nyar? I only saw aura damage (1 round) for 5 damage and 8 from undead gnoll. Shouldn't he be at 28 hp before his turn starts?

drothgery

First Post
OOC:
Is it possible to place a close blast power such that your own square is included in the area of effect? It's counter-intuitive, but seems like it would be allowed by the rules as written.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases