[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Right you are, KD. Sorry about lack of details. [/sblock]

Nyar can't help but smile, "I can't wait to meet the mastermind of this organization. The imagination alone... but I digress, Lady Narvala, what was the Silver Flame's stance on undead again?"

He steps backwards and points his wand at the undead zombie. Whats left of its feeble mind is pelted with images of blades and being swung at it from all sides. With the distraction, the zombie is unable to react to the environment.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Shift to L-6
Standard: Phantasmal Assault vs Z3 (will): 1d20+11, 1d8+6 → ([10, 11], [3, 6]) Roll Lookup Roll of 21 vs will, if it his the zombie takes 9 psychic damage and Zombie 3 grants combat advantage and can not make OA TENT (Nyar).
Minor: Arcana check vs. ice zombie: 27 1d20+13 → [14,13] = (27) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3260277/ [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 41/41 Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Sphere Item: Potion of Healing x1
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos)#Summary [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], how did humans hit Cairn with 13 and 10 vs Ref 18!? I know he's not the most agile, but 10! - ignore, I got it, those are base rolls, they have something above +8 to hit.

For clarity, could you state what actions humans/enemies take?
The two marked by Cairn should grant OA to Cairn if they moved and not shifted

also, shouldn't they be prone due to falling? (or is it only if they fall more then 10'?)

Edit: Also, totally missed that human 1 is so high, otherwise I would move a bit less and target him and #4 :(

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: The two humans shifted and moved. I thought that was obvious since I did not have them attack, but you are right, I should write down shifts. They also pulled out slings (as did the other two humans). And, creatures are only prone if they fall 10 feet or more and take damage.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Although well versed in Arcana, knowledge on Zombies just isn't in Nyar's area of expertise. And, Nyar does not detect any sort of magic in relationship to the zombie.

drothgery

First Post
"Generally, we prefer to destroy undead as soon as we encounter them." Narvala said, answering Nyar's question as she stepped back. She tossed a bolt of radiant energy at the zombie while she tried to determine if she knew anything that would help defeat it.[sblock=actions]move: shift to L7
standard: Sun Strike vs Z3 - atk vs REF; dmg (1d20+12=23, 1d8+7=15)
minor: Narvala tries to recall if there's anything unusual about this type of zombie. religion check (1d20+13=33)[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Zombie Aura. Any PC that starts its turn next to or enters next to one of these zombies takes 5 cold damage. Nyar, Narvala, and Baern take 5 cold damage at the start of their turns.

[sblock=Narvala only]
Narvala recognizes this as a Chillborn Zombie. These zombies are imbued with the cold of the grave and their very touch can encase a person in ice. Even standing next to them is dangerous and harmful. One of the worse things about them is that when they are destroyed, they explode in a powerful burst of frigid cold. The more zombies there are, the more cold they radiate and cold damage they do. Plus, a zombie attacking a person encased in ice also does more damage. They are resistant to cold and necrotic, but vulnerable to fire and radiant damage.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"Take the zombies from range if you can; they have an aura, and explode. And use fire or radiant energy." Narvala told the others quickly.

And if they have any intelligence at all, they will either fear a priestess of the Flame, or seek to destroy her right away. She thought.

Luinnar

First Post
Oh, a strange doggy! Christina says spotting the Gnoll through the boxes. Rabberta, go and see what it wants!

Now I'll show you Tigger. Christina says pulling out a toad and showing it to the human. See he's a toady! But now he will be a big toady! She says, tossing Tigger into the air. The toad lands nearby and reaches its tongue out and lashes it onto the nearby human, pulling it toward Cairn.

[sblock=actions]
Move:
Christina: M14-M16

Pooh:L14-M15-M17

Rabberta: L7-N14-O14-R11 (diagonal)

Standard:Summon Giant toad at L16.
Intrinsic action: Melee 3 at human 3 (only one within range) 18 vs ref 11 damage and pulled up to 2 squares on hit.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 20+2, Reflex: 15+2, Will: 18+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)

Healing Word 2/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 2/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh the Animal Companion]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 power bonus to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh Aura Reminder]
Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 power bonus to allies defenses.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rabberta the Spirit Companion]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta Interupt]
Encounter: World's Speaker's Command
+8 vs Will. The target stops moving and must use a different action to resume moving. Usable when an enemy moves out of a square threatened by Rabberta without shifting.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tigger the Giant Toad]
AC: 20+2, Fort: 20+2, Reflex: 15+2, Will: 18+2
Speed: 5
HP: 22/22

Standard Action: Melee 3; one creature, +8 vs ref, 1d8+5, target is pulled 2 squares.

Special:If you have not given a toad a command by the end of your turn, the toad attacks the same creature it attacked last turn. If it can't do that it attacks nearest enemy withing 3 squares. If it can't do that it moves its speed to a square within 3 squares of the nearest enemy.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Tigger's vicious tongue slams into Human 3, dropping him down to a lower set of crates. The human responds by punching Tigger in the head.

[sblock=Human 3 bloodied]
Human 3 falls off crate, but does not take damage.
Fails save, makes Acrobatics check, doesn't take damage from the fall.

23 Human 3, bloodied, marked by Cairn (on yellow crates up 1 in square K17)

Immediate Reaction vs. Reflex: Human 3 hits Giant Toad for 4.

11 hits giant toad for 4.

18/22 Tigger

[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]It didn't matter for this attack because there was only one square to pull the NPC into, but please state where you are pulling foes in the future. Thanks.
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
@Luinnar It didn't matter for this attack because there was only one square to pull the NPC into, but please state where you are pulling foes in the future. Thanks.
[/sblock]
OOC: I think the auto actions are technically done by the DM (if I'm not mistaken), so that is why I did not specify where it is pulled :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases