[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Roarrrrrr! Christina and Pooh roar in unison as they rush up to attack the troll. Christina smacks it atop the head with her staff, but brother bear fails to penetrate its tough hide with his teeth.
[sblock=action]
Move:Christina: J8
Pooh:K7
Rabberta:L7
Owlotta: J7

Standard: Combined attack vs troll
rolls
Christina: 26 vs AC 22 damage (note Christina has reach 2)
Pooh: miss
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 18+2, Reflex: 16+2, Will: 19+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)
Call Fey Beast Companion (Owlotta)

Healing Word 2/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 2/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Owlotta]
Owlotta Unaligned Fey Beast Companion:

HP:22+2 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23, Darkvision, Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage.

Ferocious Companion Aura 1:+2 allies gain to damage rolls to enemies in aura.

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Roarrrrrr! Christina and Pooh roar in unison as they rush up to attack the troll. Christina smacks it atop the head with her staff, but brother bear fails to penetrate its tough hide with his teeth.
[sblock=action]
Move:Christina: J8
Pooh:K7
Rabberta:L7
Owlotta: J7

rolls
Christina: 26 vs AC 22 damage (note Christina has reach 2)
Pooh: miss
[/sblock]

The troll roars right back at Christina and her hoard, taking its hits. At the great bear misses the troll shows surprising speed and slashes under Pooh's arm, ripping him open. It follows with a rip of claws across the bear's throat that collapses the animal in a pool of it's own blood.

Feeling renewed at its victory the monster then lashes over Raberta to the injured wizard. Nyar quickly activates the power of his braces, vanishing away. The mighty earth mote Cairn materializing his place and beging to duel with the troll.

The gnomish snipers on the roof see the battle swing in their favor and quickly unleash their arrows against those not within the strange beacon of light, grazing Cairn and Christina with arrows.

[sblock=ACTION]
Map

You can target the two snipers. They are 20 squares away and have concealment.

Frenzied Strike is a free action triggered by Pooh's miss. 19 vs AC, 11 damage and pooh is bloodied.

Claw attack vs Pooh. 31 vs AC, 13 damage +4 for blood rage. Pooh is down

Murderous Frenzy grants the troll an action point.

Action Point. Troll attacks Nyar. Immediate Intterupt with Bracers of Escape. Immediate Intterupt with Cairn's Guardian COunter. Cairn misses

Troll saves vs Immobilized.

Sniper 1 attacks Christina hits once for 4 damage

Sniper 2 attacks Cairn also hits once for 4 damage

Initiative
Better than 5 = You Guys (You may act in any order)
Narvalla 45/50 hp
Christina 41/45 hp
Pooh -6/22 Unconcious
Rabberta 22/22 +5 thp
Owlotta 22/22
Nyar 25/41 hp +5 thp
Cairn 37/84 hp Bloodied

5 = Bad Guys
Sniper 1 -22 hp, R 18
Sniper 2 -25 hp, R 18 **Slowed tent**
Troll - -56 hp, AC 21, R18
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Narvala spares a thought to keep the safe zone of light in place, then moves within it to get a little closer. She points her staff, and a burst of divine power explodes from behind the troll.
[sblock=actions]minor: sustain wall of light (+1 power bonus to AC for allies within the wall, allies gain 5 THP if they start their turn within the wall)
move: move to J10
standard: Chains of Carceri centered on L4 {Area burst 1 within 10; Target: Each creature in burst; Attack: +12 vs. Reflex; Hit: 2d8 + 7 damage, and the target is slowed until the end of Narvala's next turn.}[/sblock][sblock=Narvala]Narvala—Female Human Invoker 7 (Ordained Priest)
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 27
AC: 19 (20 while in wall), Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 45/50 (5 THP), Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 6/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Shinning Symbol
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri
Tide of the First Storm
Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar

Astral Step
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke
Potion of Healing
Holy Gauntlets
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION], there is no need for Nyar to spend his item power, Cairn's power does it for him (it exchanges places of two characters). If you rule that Nyar spends his power, then Cairn doesn't as it would put Cairn out of melee. Can we keep the miss, but use the power at some better point in time? To save Pooh next time for example :)

Cairn slides next to hideous humanoid, the ground moving along with him and over him, armoring him further against the attacks. He slams his halberd into the troll from above. At the same moment, the ground raises under the troll and it falls down, ending halfway burrowed, the ground holding it fast.

"It will not get up soon, everyone move back and pound it from afar. Or get those pesky fleshlings from the roof. I'll take care of the troll."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift to K8, gain +1 AC & Ref
Minor: Warforged Resolve, gain 5hp and 5thp, leaving Cairn exactly at bloodied
Standard: Earthgrasp strike vs Troll AC; damage; secondary damage (1d20+11+1=23, 1d10+5+2+4=20, 1d10+5+4+2=18)
Troll takes 20 damage. The troll MAY NOT get up until Cairns next turn. If it gets up before the end of the encounter, it takes secondary damage (18).

Free: MARK the troll
[/sblock]

EDIT: I'll take the power back then...use it next time troll hits someone AFTER MY NEXT TURN (I'll shift on his other side for flanking bonus)

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Nyar posted his intended interrupt first, so I assumed you choose your interrupt know his would activate first.

What I did was try to rule it as if it was happening at the same time. So you'll notice on the map that I put you in the spot he teleported away from, instead of the spot he teleported to. It put you a little closer to the troll. If you'd rather not have used the power, I'll let you take it back. I'm a cool dude like that.

**SUBLIMINALMESSAGE**BUYMYBOOK**SUBLIMINALMESSAGE**

Luinnar

First Post
Nobody hurts my family, not even a big meanie troll thing! Christina shouts. She slams her staff to the ground summoning up her primal powers to heal Pooh and Cairn. Next her and her brother bear leap on the troll, fiercely rending it with nails and claws and biting deep wounds with teeth.
[sblock=action]
Minor: Spend a surge and summon Pooh in K7 with 11 HP

Minor:Healing word on Cairn he spends a surge and heals surge +2 +4 HP.

rolls
Christina: 27 vs AC 21 damage (note Christina has reach 2)
Pooh: 21 vs AC 15 damage
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 18+2, Reflex: 16+2, Will: 19+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)
Call Fey Beast Companion (Owlotta)

Healing Word 1/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 0/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:11/22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Owlotta]
Owlotta Unaligned Fey Beast Companion:

HP:22+2 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23, Darkvision, Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage.

Ferocious Companion Aura 1:+2 allies gain to damage rolls to enemies in aura.

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] Don't forget the troll also had ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends), so I think it has 5 less hit points and needs to make a save versus that effect too.

Nyar looks up at the roof. "Yes, it may be prudent to remove the archers"

He points his wand at the archer to the left. Fire explodes on the roof and the wizard shouts, "I"ll warn you as I warned your ally. This will only end badly and painfully! Leave now or suffer the consequences!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Scorching Burst at G-2, vs. Sniper 1 (reflex): 1d20+11, 1d6+7+1d6 → ([7, 11], [2, 7, 1]) 18 vs. reflex 10 damage. He wouldn't have any applicable cover as it is a burst effect.

I forgot that Nyar has Arcane Reserves Feat, his at-will powers deal 2 additional damage after his encounter attack powers are exhausted. So he actually does 12 damage vs. sniper 1.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 (19) NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 25/41 +5 THP Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Sleep, Staff of Draconic Power
Item:
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos) [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: I did forget about the Save versus fire. 5 damage. He saves

Narvala spares a thought to keep the safe zone of light in place, then moves within it to get a little closer. She points her staff, and a burst of divine power explodes from behind the troll, burning his flesh and slowing his movement.

[sblock=actions]minor: sustain wall of light (+1 power bonus to AC for allies within the wall, allies gain 5 THP if they start their turn within the wall)
move: move to J10
standard: Chains of Carceri centered on L4 {Area burst 1 within 10; Target: Each creature in burst; Attack: +12 vs. Reflex; Hit: 2d8 + 7 damage, and the target is slowed until the end of Narvala's next turn.}

DM: Ayup. Thats a hit.[/sblock]

Cairn slides next to hideous humanoid, the ground moving along with him and over him, armoring him further against the attacks. He slams his halberd into the troll from above. At the same moment, the ground raises under the troll and it falls down, ending halfway burrowed, the ground holding it fast.

"It will not get up soon, everyone move back and pound it from afar. Or get those pesky fleshlings from the roof. I'll take care of the troll."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift to K8, gain +1 AC & Ref
Minor: Warforged Resolve, gain 5hp and 5thp, leaving Cairn exactly at bloodied
Standard: Earthgrasp strike vs Troll AC; damage; secondary damage (1d20+11+1=23, 1d10+5+2+4=20, 1d10+5+4+2=18)
Troll takes 20 damage. The troll MAY NOT get up until Cairns next turn. If it gets up before the end of the encounter, it takes secondary damage (18).

Free: MARK the troll

DM: I approve of this. ;)
[/sblock]

Nobody hurts my family, not even a big meanie troll thing! Christina shouts. She slams her staff to the ground summoning up her primal powers to heal Pooh and Cairn. Next her and her brother bear leap on the troll, fiercely rending it with nails and claws and biting deep wounds with teeth.

[sblock=action]
Minor: Spend a surge and summon Pooh in K7 with 11 HP

Minor:Healing word on Cairn he spends a surge and heals surge +2 +4 HP.

DM: Cairn is no longer bloodied.

rolls
Christina: 27 vs AC 21 damage (note Christina has reach 2)
Pooh: 21 vs AC 15 damage

DM: Hit and hit
[/sblock]

Nyar looks up at the roof. "Yes, it may be prudent to remove the archers"

He points his wand at the archer to the left. Fire explodes on the roof and the wizard shouts, "I"ll warn you as I warned your ally. This will only end badly and painfully! Leave now or suffer the consequences!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Scorching Burst at G-2, vs. Sniper 1 (reflex): 1d20+11, 1d6+7+1d6 → ([7, 11], [2, 7, 1]) 18 vs. reflex 10 damage. He wouldn't have any applicable cover as it is a burst effect.

I forgot that Nyar has Arcane Reserves Feat, his at-will powers deal 2 additional damage after his encounter attack powers are exhausted. So he actually does 12 damage vs. sniper 1.
[/sblock]

The sniper screams as his flesh is seared and takes the wizards advice by quickly scampering out of sight to the far side of the roof.

"Coward!" Crys the other as he targets the wizard, cutting through the shield of light with another arrow.

The troll struggles under the weight of the earth and his wounds start to heal. He paws out toward the hulking Cairn, but there is again a wall of fleshy creatures between them. A giant claw instead goes again for the throat of the bear.

[sblock=ACTION]
Map

You can target the sniper. They have concealment.

Sniper 2 targets Nyar. 1 Hits for 4 damage

Troll heals 15.

Troll vs Pooh. 23 vs AC, 11 damage. That again puts Pooh at 0. Cairn you have several options in response. Please feel free to make use of them.

Initiative
Better than 5 = You Guys (You may act in any order)
Narvalla 45/50 hp 5 thp
Christina 41/45 hp
Pooh 0/22 Unconcious
Rabberta 22/22 +5 thp
Owlotta 22/22
Nyar 25/41 hp +1 thp
Cairn 69/84 hp 5 thp

5 = Bad Guys
Sniper 1 29/63 hp, R 18 Bloodied, Ran Away
Sniper 2 38/63 hp, R 18
Troll - -114 hp, AC 21, R18 Slowed tent, Marked by Cairn
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn pulls the great bear back, taking his place. The claws of the troll slide off leaving scratch marks on his stony skin.

OOC: use guardian counter, MBA misses from before (unless CA and warforged tactics make it hit?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases