[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

FourMonos

First Post
The wizard, sick of getting stabbed, clawed and hit, mutters under his breath, "Baern wouldn't have left me all by myself..."

He retreats a little further from the fighting, blasting the warforged with lightning from his wand.

"Last warning, friend. Leave now or you'll be a smoking pile of rubble in about six seconds."

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Shift to I-17

Standard: Empowering Lightning vs W-2: 1d20+11, 2d8+7 → ([15, 11], [8, 8, 7]) Roll. Ghetto crit! Hit reflex 26 for 23 damage. Also, Nyar gets +5 damage next time he uses Wand of Accuracy feature.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Interrupts]
Bracers of Escape: If the warforge moves adjacent to Nyar, he will teleport to G-14. I'm expecting that goon to be gone after Narvala's attack
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 30/41 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Sleep
Item:
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos) [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn closes in and slams Ghalad'Zar into warforged warrior, staggering him back a step. Earth heaves at stone guardians behest, blasting stones over three of his enemies, deep rumbling answering Cairns own Earthsong.

Shield of small stones whirl around the guardian and one of Christinas beasts.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: I11
Standard: Thunderram Assault vs W1 Fort; damage (1d20+11=31, 1d10+5=7) - CRIT! - no push
15 + Crit extra cold(1d6=5)

Thunderram secondary vs Fort (G1; G2; W1); thunder damage (1d20+11=26, 1d20+11=13, 1d20+11=25, 1d6+1=4) - forgot, this is blast 3
if hit, G1 takes extra 2 damage due to Owlotta aura
No pushing, MARK G1 and G2

Summary:
W1 - 15 + 5 cold +4 thunder
G1 - 4 +2 thunder
G2 - missed

Minor: Guardian defense, Cairn and Owlbear gain +2 power bonus to all defenses and enemies cannot gain CA against the targets TENT Cairn
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Narvala steps away from the goons, then sends a blast of divine energy at them, destroying their will to fight a champion of the Flame. They burn up instantly, seared with holy light.

[sblock=actions]move: shift to I13
standard: Shining Symbol on G14-I16 {Close blast 3; Target: Each enemy in the blast; Attack: +12 vs. Will; Hit: 1d8 + 7 radiant damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Narvala's next turn.

(Ordained Priest theme)}; one definitely hits and DIES (crit on a minion), other one is probably hit and dies

DM: Both Hit
[/sblock]

Hey, what do you think you are doing attacking my friends?! Christina shouts to the enemies. The pets leap out of the way as she angrily summons the powers of nature to bind the enemies in place. One of the goons seems strangled by invisible forces and slumps unconscious to the ground.

[sblock=action]
Move:
Christina: Shift to H 12
Owlotta:Shift to H 11
Pooh:Shift to H13
Rabberta:Move to J17 around OA.

Standard: Grasping tide burst 1 J9.
rolls (messed up the names in the rolls)

G2: 19 vs fort if hit 12 damage target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.

DM: Hit. Dead

G3:11 vs fort, if hit 12 damage target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.

DM: Miss

W1:crit, if hit 13 damage, target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.

DM: Hit

Please remember the various pet aura 1 (Pooh: +2 defense, Owlotta: +2 to damage rolls against enemies).
[/sblock]

The wizard, sick of getting stabbed, clawed and hit, mutters under his breath, "Baern wouldn't have left me all by myself..."

He retreats a little further from the fighting, blasting the warforged with lightning from his wand.

"Last warning, friend. Leave now or you'll be a smoking pile of rubble in about six seconds."

The warforged looks down at his scorched shell in dismay and after a moments thought mutters, "Steelleaf isn't paying me enough for this." He promptly turns and runs away, followed by the nearest goon.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Shift to I-17

Standard: Empowering Lightning vs W-2: 1d20+11, 2d8+7 → ([15, 11], [8, 8, 7]) Roll. Ghetto crit! Hit reflex 26 for 23 damage. Also, Nyar gets +5 damage next time he uses Wand of Accuracy feature.
[/sblock]

Cairn closes in and slams Ghalad'Zar into warforged warrior, staggering him back a step. Earth heaves at stone guardians behest, blasting stones over three of his enemies, deep rumbling answering Cairns own Earthsong.

Shield of small stones whirl around the guardian and one of Christinas beasts.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: I11
Standard: Thunderram Assault vs W1 Fort; damage (1d20+11=31, 1d10+5=7) - CRIT! - no push
15 + Crit extra cold(1d6=5)

Thunderram secondary vs Fort (G1; G2; W1); thunder damage (1d20+11=26, 1d20+11=13, 1d20+11=25, 1d6+1=4) - forgot, this is blast 3
if hit, G1 takes extra 2 damage due to Owlotta aura
No pushing, MARK G1 and G2

DM: 13 does not Hit G1

Summary:
W1 - 15 + 5 cold +4 thunder
G1 - 4 +2 thunder
G2 - missed

Minor: Guardian defense, Cairn and Owlbear gain +2 power bonus to all defenses and enemies cannot gain CA against the targets TENT Cairn
[/sblock]

The remaining warforged seems enraged at the great stone beast before him. He lets out a howling command TAKE HIM DOWN! before slamming his sword against Cairn, though it does not seem to phase him. The closes mooks leap into the fray and one succeeds where the others had failed and knocks a chunk of hardened moss away from the behemoth.

The first sniper follows orders and takes aim at Cairn as well, but the arrows deflect off his rocky hide. The second sniper takes aim at the one target separated from the group and fires two quick shots at the wizard, one of which sinks into his thigh.

Suddenly there is a loud crash and the earth shakes. Both archers struggle to find something to hang onto as the warehouse wall nearest you seems to crack under some great strain.

[sblock=ACTION]
Map

You can target the two snipers. They are 20 squares away and have concealment.

W2 runs away.
W1 moves to I10. Attacks Cairn Miss
G3 moves to J11. G1 and G3 Attack Cairn Hit and Miss 5 damage
G5 Ran

Sniper 1 attacks Cairn Miss
Sniper 2 Attack Nyar One hit one Miss 5 damage

Initiative
Better than 5 = You Guys (You may act in any order)
Narvalla 45/50 hp
Christina 45/45 hp
Pooh 22/22
Rabberta 22/22
Owlotta 22/22
Nyar 25/41 hp
Cairn 52/84 hp

5 = Bad Guys
Warforged 1 19/56 14 thp F15 R 15 Bloodied
Warforged 2 16/56 Bloodied *RAN AWAY*
Goon 1,3 Minions 2,4,6-8 Dead 5 Ran F15 W 12
Sniper 1
Sniper 2
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
With the goons and warforged either out of the way or seeming to be in the capable hand of Cairn and Cristina's pets, Narvala decided to try and do something about the snipers, moving within range and filling an area with a burst of divine power.
[sblock=actions]move: move to F9 (requires a minor detour from a straight line to not provoke an OA, so she'll do that)
standard: vanguard's lightning centered on sniper 1 @ G1; Area burst 1 within 10; Target: Each creature in burst; Attack: +12 vs. Reflex; Hit: 1d6 + 7 lightning damage. Whenever the target makes an opportunity attack before the end of Narvala's next turn, the target takes 3 lightning damage.; area affect, so concealment doesn't matter[/sblock][sblock=Narvala]Narvala—Female Human Invoker 7 (Ordained Priest)
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 27
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 45/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 6/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Shinning Symbol
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri
Tide of the First Storm
Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar
Astral Step
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke
Potion of Healing
Holy Gauntlets
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Not so tough, are you? She shouts at the enemies blacking the way, blasting them wit another spell.

That is what you get for hurting my friends!
[sblock=action]
Move:
Pooh:Shift to I12
Rabberta:K11 around OA

Standard: Grasping tide burst 1 I9.
rolls

G1: 16 vs fort if hit 7+2(from Owlbear aura)=9 damage target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.

W3:18 vs fort, if hit 7+2(from Owlbear aura)=9 damage target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20+2, Fort: 18+2, Reflex: 16+2, Will: 19+2
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)
Call Fey Beast Companion (Owlotta)

Healing Word 2/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 2/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Owlotta]
Owlotta Unaligned Fey Beast Companion:

HP:22+2 AC:17+2 Fort:19+2 Ref:15+2 Will:19+2

Perception 23, Darkvision, Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage.

Ferocious Companion Aura 1:+2 allies gain to damage rolls to enemies in aura.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn grows in height looming over the fight, his halberd picking the targets unhindered and then dropping back to his normal height pushing those hit down.

Warforged manages to sidestep, but thug between Cairn and spirit bear gets ground down.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: MARK W1 and both goons

Standard: Mountain Stature vs AC (W1; G3); damage (1d20+11+1=16, 1d20+11+1+2=31, 1d10+5+2=10) - those hit are knocked prone

(if G3 is dead already target the other one)

Move: Cairn shifts to J10 - gain +1 AC & Ref
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar hobbles forward, feeling quite proud of himself for protecting the groups rear. He brandishes his wand at the rooftop sniper next.

"Give up now friend, see how your comrades fair against the stone behemoth!"

With a wave of his wand, Nyar creates an illusion of stones dislodging themselves from Cairn and flying through the air and striking the sniper unerringly on the roof. Mentally, the sniper is shaken by such a display of power.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Move to L-12

Standard: Phantasmal Assault vs. Sniper 2 (will): 1d20+11, 1d8+7 → ([20, 11], [1, 7]) Roll. Crit! So he takes 15 plus: 4 for 19 total damage. He also grants CA and can't take OA.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Interrupts]
Bracers of Escape: If the warforge moves adjacent to Nyar, he will teleport to G-14. I'm expecting that goon to be gone after Narvala's attack
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 25/41 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Sleep
Item:
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos) [/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
GM: I apologize for the delay. I got busy with work and the Boston Festival of Indie Games.

With the goons and warforged either out of the way or seeming to be in the capable hand of Cairn and Cristina's pets, Narvala decided to try and do something about the snipers, moving within range and filling an area with a burst of divine power.

[sblock=actions]move: move to F9 (requires a minor detour from a straight line to not provoke an OA, so she'll do that)
standard: vanguard's lightning centered on sniper 1 @ G1; Area burst 1 within 10; Target: Each creature in burst; Attack: +12 vs. Reflex; Hit: 1d6 + 7 lightning damage. Whenever the target makes an opportunity attack before the end of Narvala's next turn, the target takes 3 lightning damage.; area affect, so concealment doesn't matter

DM: Critical hit is a crit[/sblock]

Not so tough, are you? She shouts at the enemies blacking the way, blasting them wit another spell.

That is what you get for hurting my friends!
[sblock=action]
Move:
Pooh:Shift to I12
Rabberta:K11 around OA

Standard: Grasping tide burst 1 I9.
rolls

G1: 16 vs fort if hit 7+2(from Owlbear aura)=9 damage target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.

W3:18 vs fort, if hit 7+2(from Owlbear aura)=9 damage target leaves burst area, make OA. OA:+9 vs ref, target is knocked prone.

DM: Both Hit
[/sblock]

Cairn grows in height looming over the fight, his halberd picking the targets unhindered and then dropping back to his normal height pushing those hit down.

Warforged manages to sidestep, but thug between Cairn and spirit bear gets ground down.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: MARK W1 and both goons

Standard: Mountain Stature vs AC (W1; G3); damage (1d20+11+1=16, 1d20+11+1+2=31, 1d10+5+2=10) - those hit are knocked prone

(if G3 is dead already target the other one)

Move: Cairn shifts to J10 - gain +1 AC & Ref

DM: Hit Goon, Miss Warforged
[/sblock]

Nyar hobbles forward, feeling quite proud of himself for protecting the groups rear. He brandishes his wand at the rooftop sniper next.

"Give up now friend, see how your comrades fair against the stone behemoth!"

With a wave of his wand, Nyar creates an illusion of stones dislodging themselves from Cairn and flying through the air and striking the sniper unerringly on the roof. Mentally, the sniper is shaken by such a display of power.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Move to L-12

Standard: Phantasmal Assault vs. Sniper 2 (will): 1d20+11, 1d8+7 → ([20, 11], [1, 7]) Roll. Crit! So he takes 15 plus: 4 for 19 total damage. He also grants CA and can't take OA.
[/sblock]

The remain soldier stares down Cairn, unwilling to run. He grits his metalic mouth and swings his sword again, cutting into soot and stone. His enthusiasm is short lived however.

Another loud crash is heard and the wall of the wall of the warehouse can hold no more. It comes crashing down and through the rubble crawls out a hulking from. Slow at first, the green beast quickly pushes itself back up and slams through the remaning stall. Once upright you clearly make it out as a troll, only this creature has the same small metal disks that you found on the dry husks in the previous warehouse. This troll doesn't seem dry at all but ripping with power. It drags a few still connected tubes, dripping with purple and green liquid.

[sblock=ACTION]
Map

You can target the two snipers. They are 20 squares away and have concealment.

w1 vs Cairn 25 vs AC, 11 damage

Initiative
Better than 5 = You Guys (You may act in any order)
Narvalla 45/50 hp
Christina 45/45 hp
Pooh 22/22
Rabberta 22/22
Owlotta 22/22
Nyar 25/41 hp
Cairn 41/84 hp Bloodied

5 = Bad Guys
Warforged 1 19/56 5 thp F15 R 15 Bloodied
Sniper 1 -22 hp, R 18
Sniper 2 -19 hp, R 18
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Narvala ir'Sarhain, female human invoker 7 (Silver Flame)

The troll's appearance meant, in Narvala's view, that there was no more holding back. She waved her staff to bring a wall of light into existence, covering Cairn, Nyar, and one of Cristina's pets, stepped into the wall herself, and then called one of the more powerful invocations of the Flame's power she knew, hoping to trap the troll and a sniper with it. Her blast of power immobilzed the troll, but only temporarily slowed the sniper.
[sblock=actions]minor: Wall of Light from J10->K10->K12->L12
{Area: wall 5 within 10 squares Effect: Narvala conjures a wall of divine energy. The wall is 1 square high, and last until the end of her next turn. While within the wall, any ally gains a +1 power bonus to AC, and each ally who starts his or her turn within the wall gains 5 temporary hit points. Sustain Minor: The wall persists.}
free: activate Holy Gauntlets
standard: Grasping Chains of the Justicar centered at L4 (should hit S2 & T)
{Area burst 2 within 10; Target: Each enemy in burst; Attack: +12 vs. Reflex; Hit: 1d6 + 7 force damage, and target is immobized (save ends).; Miss: Half damage, and target is slowed until the end of Narvala's next turn.} (ignore second damage roll, this was an error)
move: move to K12[/sblock][sblock=Narvala]Narvala—Female Human Invoker 7 (Ordained Priest)
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 27
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 45/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 6/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Shinning Symbol
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri
Tide of the First Storm
Purging Flame
Wall of Light