D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g) - Page 40




What's on your mind?

  1. #391
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Scrambling over, or through as the case may be, some crates the party finds a not quite closed trap door. Forcing their way through they enter a new chamber, nearly as big as the previous warehouse. Rows of metal racks line the area, each with three large shelves. On each shelf lay a man, though none moved and many seemed withered, even to the point that they soon me dust.

    Towards one end sat an apparatus of tubes and glass vials, and at another crates and a desk with papers. Five men and women were scrambling to grab vials, and papers. Their screams bounced off the walls, as Nyar's lightning marks your entrance.

    ooc
    No initiative, just describe your actions. Ask questions and make skill checks as needed.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

 

  • #392
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Ohh look at these! Christina says, examining the bodies. I wander what they are for? Meanwhile Pooh and Rabberta comes through the hole. Rabberta blocks the exists while Pooh leaps on the nearest enemy and emits a low growl.

    OOC: Christina Perception = Perception check =22

    Minor: Summon Pooh.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #393
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,059

    Ignore Neurotic
    Cairn eyes the apparatus and the bodies:
    "We found the source of the abominable drug. These remains may be human addicts...or source of the drug. Enough proof for the guards."
    Nature (1d20+9=18)

    Soon, he returns his attention to those inside. His volume increases, avalanche in coming:
    "This operation is over. Surrender now or join those above in Khyber."

  • #394
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Nyar takes in the grotesque scene with an appraising eye. In all his years of pursuing fighting off demons, had he never witnessed such utter and base disregard for humanity. His anger rising as he takes in each defiled body, he glares at the scrambling people, daring them to oppose the stone elemental's command.

    arcana 20
    1d20+13 → [7,13] = (20) Roll Lookup

  • #395
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Pooh comes down on the closest person snarling, causing vials to spills out from arms and roll all over the floor. Cairn's echoing voice is enough to drop another man to his knees, but it sends two more even faster toward the back.

    The fifth human, in a seeming act of panicked desperation quickly pops open several vials and pours them down his throat, the yellow-green liquid spilling down his chin and chest.

    Luinnar
    You notice a small door towards the back near the desk and crates. Some of these bodies seem to have small discs attached to them. Requires a close look
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #396
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    OOC: Traveling for next week, feel free to NPC me

  • #397
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,059

    Ignore Neurotic
    NPCing Nyar:
    Nyar sets another of his storm pillars in front of the backdoor.

  • #398
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Hey a door! I wonder where that leads? Christina says. Pooh go have a look and see what is there while I look at these disc things. Pooh stalks over and sits next to the door, effectively blocking off the only other exit.

    OOC: Passive perception=21, please let me know if you want me to roll again
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #399
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    The men and women in this room are clearly in some kind of irrational state, with the parties actions just spurring them further along.

    Nyar's whirlwind prevents any immediate escape. One of the flee-ers looks around in panic, and begins stripping bodies off of one rack, as if there was a hidden door behind (a door you see no sign of). The other just staggers backwards and seems locked in indecision. Once Pooh lumbers off his victim and over to the backdoor, prompting Nyar to end his whirlwind, he shoots forward. Even with the great bear clearly blocking his path he tries to get through, by climbing over the beast.

    This leaves the man pooh was on top to start scrambling to gather up his dropped vials.

    The human who had drunk several vials suddenly charges Cairn, giving a battle cry of "Black Mooooooon". He slams his fists into Cairn's earthy hide. While he's stronger than he looks, its not a significant threat to the earthen giant.

    Pooh
    Pooh sees a street! You must be in the adjacent warehouse.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #400
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Raar raor raahor. Pooh mumbles, watching the humans.

    Oh Pooh says a street is outside! Christina says.

    So what do we do to these people? I'm not very hungry, so we could always dump them somewhere and save them for later.
    Christina says. She was never taught how canniblism was frowned upon in most cultures.

    OOC: Intimidate=5
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1103
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th September, 2011, 02:36 PM
    2. [Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 415
      Last Post: Friday, 27th May, 2011, 07:14 PM
    3. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 161
      Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM
    4. Replies: 178
      Last Post: Wednesday, 10th November, 2010, 05:44 PM
    5. Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 276
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 08:16 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •