Cleric with Tenser's Transformation

Doorf

First Post
Was Tenser's Transformation errated or so?

This seems to be very wrong.

Cleric level 20 has bab 15 with Necklace of Prayer beds (karma) - caster level 24.
After casting Tenser's transformation from miracle his bab is 15+12=27
+27/+22/+17/+12/+7/+2

Fighter can never have 6 attacks with 2h weapons.

7 attacks with divine power.

100th level caster has bab 15+50=65
65/60/55/50/45/40/35/30/25/20/15/10/5

13 attacks.

20 attacks with divine power.

Anything increasing bab seems to be out of tune.

DarkJester

First Post
Well, you wouldn't have to cap the BAB bonus, because its already stated that the number of attacks from BAB caps out at 4.... in the ELH i belive, as you mentioned.

Sejs

First Post
Let's see here..

Win the deciding battle in a 10 year war with the Legions of Darkness. No dice rolling, the battle just goes, and stays in your favor...

Transport your entire party across the length and bredth of the planes to penetrate the Hidden World of Ur-Kannath, that was sealed by the Elder Gods...

Divert a fifty mile wide river of lava that would destroy the Spired City, Corrinth, and pushing the burning flow into the sea. All without a single loss of life...

...or become a melee badass with a high bab, lots of attacks, and a bucket of hitpoint for a little over 2 minutes.

No, that doesn't seem out of tune for the power of a spell aquired with a Miracle at all. I mean heck, you're out 5,000 exp just for casting it in the first place.

Arcanus

First Post
Well if you think that is too much for a cleric then try this:

A 20th level arcane spell caster with 10 levels in Wizard and 10 lvls in Incantatrix (MoF) could do the same thing but worse.

He has a BAB of +10 anyway. He uses his special class abilities from Incantatrix make his following limited wish casting of Divine Power. giving him +20 BAB and str 18. and still can cast spells. Go ahead and get yourself a +5 Staff of Arcane Pussiance to get another +15 to hit.

Or do the same thing but use Divine Favor instead of Divine Power and then use your last instant metamagic ability to make Tensers Transformation persistent. Giving you +5 luck to hit and damage and +20 BAB and +20d6 temp hit points, +5 fortitude saves, +2d4 Str, +2d4 Dex,+4 natural armor and proficiency in all weapons for 24 hours. Provided you don't care about not using magic for the rest of the 24 hours. go ahead and get yourself a +5 greatsword of Arcane Puissance also.

Sejs

First Post
Pretty much the same deal. Limited Wish costs 300exp to cast, and Tenser's Transformation (if you're casting it, instead of replicating it with another spell such as Miracle) takes a Potion of Bull's Strength as the material component. You're burning a significant ammount of personal resources each time you want to be a melee badass.

It's the magicall equavelant of steroids. Sure, you can do it.. but do it long enough and you'll burn out from exp loss.

As such it seems to be a perfectly fair tradeoff.

Epametheus

First Post
I'd say that it can't take you over the 4 iterative attack per round. Epic-level fighters can't break that; neither should a 6th level spell.

Anyways, I wouldn't cast it on the cleric. I'd have the wizard put a triple-extended one into the fighter's Ring of Spell Storing, and watch what sort of very bloody mess that generates. Can you say "Power Attack?"

Though a Heal would probably be more practical..

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases