A Keep On The Borderland OOC

Herobizkit

Adventurer
This definitely sounds interesting. I'm all about non-human races, especially of the monstrous sort. and PF, too...

What classes are everyone looking into, and is there room for more?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Well, I'm trying to avoid making Yet Another Bard, and Inquisitor is great but is another class I make a lot on PbP.

But I always gravitate to social classes with high skill count, and Rogue just isn't what I want.

So what does that leave me? ;)

jkason

First Post
Well, I'm trying to avoid making Yet Another Bard, and Inquisitor is great but is another class I make a lot on PbP.

But I always gravitate to social classes with high skill count, and Rogue just isn't what I want.

So what does that leave me? ;)

If I read that right, you like social / high skill count classes but don't want to play the social, high skill count classes. :p

Archetypes might be something to take a look at. Sensei gives some bardy-ness to a monk, Urban Ranger and Trapper seem to give some rogue-ishness to the ranger, and the Mindchemist archetype for the alchemist looks like it'll let you bump you mental stats fairly regularly as needed by the situation.

You could also try the ninja, which has a different flavor than your ordinary rogue.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Okay, I have a theory...

I'm interested in a Bard with the Archaeologist alt class features.

Basically, a non-musical, rogue-like Bard.

Unsure of race at the moment, but given that he's part of a penal colony, could make for some fun back story.

Edit: I don't know wat it is about them, but I've been dwarf-happy of late. Thinking Dwarf, or possibly Halfling, will be the race of choice.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The archaeologist looks like a neat compromise. If you combine that with halfling you get a character with a lot of luck-based bonuses, although either race would work.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Of course, you'd have to consider that luck bonuses don't stack... or do they?

NM, none of the halfling's racial abilities say they're specifically Luck bonuses.

My only concern is the Small size. In a pinch, I may have to get into melee. ;)

Also, as an aside, would you consider it game-breaking if I used the Halfling Boomerang from Eberron that actually returns when thrown?

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
I believe "Halfling Luck" actually grants a racial bonus.

No worries with using the boomerang - you could use the Talenta or Xendrik versions.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay!

I am making an Arcane Bloodline Sorceror of a noble family based on the lineage of a great archmage who, in the past, helped found the kingdom and was awarded title and lands for his service. My character's father was no mage, but was a good leader and a fair and just lord of his estate. Unfortunately, the House of Dulat had cunning foes that worked in secret to undermine it.

When the time was right, Dulat was attacked, with false accusations of treason to act as legal cover for the otherwise lawless action. In a night, all but Arcata were killed or captured. She was away at the time trainng her inborn spark of magic, and the saboteurs could not infiltrate that place of uncanny senses and piercing gazes. She might have walked blithely out into a trap on graduating, but one of her father's retainers...hardly grown himself...managed to reach her just before her leaving and warn her. The two managed to slip the noose, and have been in an unofficial state of exile since.

Arcata is still considered peerage; she's not deemed part of the crime her father was accused of. Even so, the enemies of her House are too numerous and strong for her to make any public appearances. She has survived on the goodwill of her House's allies...though they become more and more fearful of aiding her.

The opportunity to leave the kingdom behind and create a new power structure in the wilderness is exactly what Arcata needed. If she can just stay alive long enough to amass the strength to confront her foes, she may have a chance.

Remove ads