A Keep On The Borderland OOC

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I believe "Halfling Luck" actually grants a racial bonus.

No worries with using the boomerang - you could use the Talenta or Xendrik versions.
I may have to blow a feat on 'em... for 1d3 damage with the Halfling Talenta. lol

Maybe he'll just have it as a curio.

Dr Simon

Explorer
You can use the boomerang feats from Races of Eberron too. Of course, you could still choose a Medium sized race and use one of the boomerang types, I don't think it'll break the game.

jkason

First Post
When the time was right, Dulat was attacked, with false accusations of treason to act as legal cover for the otherwise lawless action. In a night, all but Arcata were killed or captured. She was away at the time trainng her inborn spark of magic, and the saboteurs could not infiltrate that place of uncanny senses and piercing gazes. She might have walked blithely out into a trap on graduating, but one of her father's retainers...hardly grown himself...managed to reach her just before her leaving and warn her. The two managed to slip the noose, and have been in an unofficial state of exile since.

Love it, and the setup gives me some good ideas for filling in some character on my cavalier. A squire nearing his knighthood in the order protecting house Dulat, he was sent to warn the heir as the slaughter commenced. While recognizing his duty, Bastion can't help but feel he failed the order and the house. Was he really worthy of being the one chosen to live? The wilderness gives him a chance to redefine himself, to find a way to prove worthy, keeping the lady Arcata alive and helping her to carve out a new niche in the wilderness.

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], any thoughts on if you'd let me combine the Standard Bearer and Beast Rider archetypes? Seems a good fit for the concept, as a squire would be tasked with the standard-bearing, and having lost his trainer / order, he never gained a properly-bonded mount; he'll do that once in the wilderness, as he redefines his order in the new world, as it were.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee...nice!

They can have a Lan/Moiraine kind of dynamic, perhaps. They've been traveling together for awhile, so it makes sense to me that they're not overly formal...though they fall into place when there's a crisis.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm not going to stress about it. I may make a Halfling Boomerang warrior someday, but for now, it's just fluff, and a feat. ;)

In which case, my halfling would have spent time living "among the natives" while (unsuccessfully) searching for artifacts and picked up the feat along the way.

LOL I could totally rip off Indy Jones here - my halfling could have made a discovery, but one of his rivals ambushed him, took the discovery, and 'arranged' for him to be sent off to the punishment detail as a way to tie loose ends.

Will mull it out a bit more.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Or maybe he stole it, then ran out to the hinterlands to hide and wait for things to cool off before fencing it.

And you found out...and this trip is the perfect cover for you to come out here too, without raising his alarms, and get some sweet payback.

...and the discovery too, of course. It belongs in a museum.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Oh, his uppance will come. I thought of this guy as more of a peaceful "Daniel Jackson" type rather than roarin' 20's Indy.

But, bards CAN use whips...

Axel

First Post
Still looking for people Dr Si? Sounds like an entertaining game. :) If so, I have a few different ideas for a Ranger. If not, I'll keep brewing my ideas and find another game somewhere. No sweat. :)

Option 1
Half-orc Ranger (melee, 2-weapon style)
Angry, agressive and not particularly bright. Local to the area perhaps? Greedy, keen to "help" newcomers discover the area for his own gain has travelled to the "new fort" to see what's up.

Option 2
Human Ranger (ranged, archery or crossbow style)
Possibly a Battle Scout archetype? Former military man, on the losing side of an internal stoush. Was a scout (duh)...not sure whether he should be a former mercenary (that took a contract from the losing side) or a retainer of some noble house...

Shayuri

First Post
Dr Simon, I think it's time for more specific character generation info. You had some notions on the first page, but seemed to still be giving the matter some thought. We need to know starting level, funds, point buy, allowed sources, whether or not we're using Traits (and how many), and so on.

Kaodi

Hero
Velshionne, the Lady Magnificient, the goddess of glory, is the pre-eminent deity worshipped in the area the characters come from. As such, her church is very large and influential, with a complex hierarchy of priests that lacks a singlular leader.

According to church doctrine, Velshionne imbued six mortal heralds with aspects of her power. Each was an exemplar of a particular philosophy, and while their personalities and beliefs sometimes clashed, against their Lady's enemies they always produced a united front.

Saint Rorhen of the Chisel is the herald of artifice. In his time he was a master artisan and the builder of many temples and monuments. His part is the commemoration of glory.

Saint Avalgus the Pillager is the herald of destruction. His part in the order of things lies in the laying low of remnants of past glories, and during his life as a mortal he oversaw the sack of many rival churches.

Saint Seluna, Fortune Finder, is the herald of luck. Guided by the last words of her father, she uncovered a mighty relic from a previous age that allowed her to overcome terrible odds to claim a kingdom that had been on the verge of falling. Sometimes glory is found, not won.

Saint Fefnard the Wise is the herald of nobility. Wheras most of the heralds are famous for their deeds, the glory of Fefnard lay in his excellence. He was an aristocrat much sought after by parents who hoped his qualities would rub off on their children, which they sent to study under him. Fefnard represents the example of glory to others.

Saint Gamerrack Stonebreaker is the herald of strength. In life he was famous for both enormous physical might and the steely will to break through adversity by sheer force. Glory is often won by those with the power to take it.

Saint Ecillieve, Banner of Velshionne, is the herald of war. Rumoured to have been the half-mortal daughter of the goddess, she led many succesful military campaigns and won many accolades. In the order of things, her place is in presiding over the most prominent method by which glory is won.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases