First Post
Isn't the current possible roster something like:

- Sorceror
- Summoner
- Crusader
- Ranger
- Cavalier
- Bard

No duplication there, apart from a few different melee types. Most parties can use multiple capable melee characters. No glaring capability omissions either...though no doubt some will show up later or it wouldn't be a proper adventure. :)

I changed Sh'aa's background. Was waaay to generic and "half-orcy" on reflection.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
I think that's crusader build of cleric, rather than a BO9S type.

Concerning Beastmen

This portion of the Borderlands is notorious for the presence of this race. Goat-headed humanoids, the beastmen are lazy, cruel and numerous. Some are known to worship vile gods and demons but many are simply violent scavengers. Occasionally the race throws up a particularly large specimen; these are known as skurgs and often become leaders of their smaller cousins.

The beastmen are an amalgam of Runequest's broos and Arcana Evolved rhodin, and will probably see use instead of most of the usual evil humanoid races.

Last Ferry
The nearest settlement to the Keep, some three days hard ride away, where a broad river forms the border of the civilised lands. It is likely that Sha'ah joined the party here. There are supposedly some scattered farmsteads on the far side of the river, protected by the keep, but as with the keep nothing has been heard from them for a while.

Kaodi

Hero
As long as the bard can heal, we should be set. Otherwise me might be a little short in that department due to the crusader archetypes reduced number of spell slots.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I've found in my other games that granting the bonus HP=CON tends to give just that level of edge to remove the need for constant repairs (which is the point of it), so reduced healing is not such a problem. I've also been known to grant the healing spells from Arcana Evolved to arcane characters as well, to take up the slack.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
A healin' Archaeologist? Sure, why not... he could be a Doctor Doctor. :)

[no name yet]
Male Halfling Bard/Archaelolgist

Str 10
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 15
Wis 12
Cha 16

Traits [trait1, trait2]
Skills [skills]

Feats [just the one]

Spells Known:
0 (X):
1 (X):

Axel

First Post
Sweet, semi-demi-Broo! :D Of all the things I remember about Runequest that I annoyed me, Broo are not one of them. Some of the toughest SoB's you could ever have the bad luck to fight...

I really must ask Dr Si, whether you're happy with the restrictions I may have put on you re: Orcs and Fey and the like. There's no need for an eraser (or a pencil, for that matter) in PbP, so changing Sh'aah's favoured enemy (to Beastmen?) is dead easy and no sweat off my back. The original thought was to have something other than the standard fantasy schtick enemies around and an excuse for you to throw spellcasters at us. :)

Happy to have Sh'aah (typing this name is already annoying...) join the group at Last Ferry. My assumption would be that he negotiated "independent contractor" terms - he takes care of himself for an equal share of any "salvage" obtained. Depending on the "mission" that is, and also on the presumption that we won't be RPing that part.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Fey part is cool, gives me some ideas, and there are some nice (nasty) ones available in PF. He would probably get more immediate use from having beastmen (figuring they would probably be Monstrous Humanoids) as a favoured enemy, but perhaps more long term use from Fey. At least, based on the ideas I've had so far...

jkason

First Post
Still have to do equipment, but I think I've got Bastian filled out fairly well now. Question: Almost all of the Cavalier buffing abilities affect "allies." Does that include the cavalier?

Dr Simon

Explorer
I would think so. Lemme check on precendents.

Edit:

So, a bard can include himself in bardic music effects. From 3.5, it is unclear whether a Marshall's auras affect him too. However, given that it is equivalent to casting a spell like bless, which would affect the caster, I'd say that yes, it does affect the Cavalier.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases