September DDI Update news

mudbunny

Community Supporter
As noted by Steve Winterhere, the Character Builder update next week will be introducing the ability to use your own character portraits.

Also, the update to the Adventure tools is supposed to be rather substantial. Supposed to allow you to build/modify monsters. (Note, please don't use this thread to accuse WotC of lying or anything like that, thanks.)

the Jester

Legend
Please please please PLEASE let the Monster Builder update actually make it a Monster Builder again!

The screenshots look very good, but I notice that the damage noted in the Edit a Power screenshot doesn't seem to be updated to MM3/MV standards. Then again it has ongoing damage, so maybe it is.

Here's hoping this is totally awesome! Once the update hits, I look forward to hearing about the new MB with high hopes.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
It's nice that you will be able to use custom portraits in the CB again. Now all we need is the basic houseruling functionality that the old one had and we'll be all set.

Good news on the Adventure Tools update as well. It will be nice to finally be able to tinker with critters without crashes and numbers getting deleted.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Well all to the positive so far. Yay custom PC portraits.

The only thing I don't see is an export function for Monster Builder (I like to use Master Plan) and that still sucks. I am glad I can build a monster but the only output seems to be printing or send to VT table (which I still don't have an invite to after I asked so nicely :)...)

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Well all to the positive so far. Yay custom PC portraits.

The only thing I don't see is an export function for Monster Builder (I like to use Master Plan) and that still sucks. I am glad I can build a monster but the only output seems to be printing or send to VT table (which I still don't have an invite to after I asked so nicely :)...)

Check the last screen shot, bottom right-hand corner of the screen. IIRC, Export was one of the options shown.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Yay! Portraits!

I associate strongly with character portraits so I think this is an important part of building a character. Glad to see they've finally implemented it and can't wait to go back and edit all my CB characters.

wedgeski

Adventurer
This is great news, and not at all before time! I kinda wish CB house rules had been given the priority, but I'm not going to complain, as the functionality shown in the MB screen-shots looks pretty solid.

NewJeffCT

First Post
As noted by Steve Winterhere, the Character Builder update next week will be introducing the ability to use your own character portraits.

Also, the update to the Adventure tools is supposed to be rather substantial. Supposed to allow you to build/modify monsters. (Note, please don't use this thread to accuse WotC of lying or anything like that, thanks.)

Thank goodness for the update to adventure tools - I mostly use it for reference now, and then use the reference info to update the offline monster builder.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases