(HackMaster) I'm looking for folks who've never played HackMaster before

KJSEvans

First Post
Hopefully this isn't going to get moved to elsewhere on the forum...

I'm working on a project for HackMaster. I'm basically writing an all-encompassing set of QuickStart Rules that would, in theory, allow you to test out the game without having to buy a single product. You'd be able to generate a character as fast as you can read/write the information onto a character sheet and you'd have a big enough ruleset to run a session or two for your friends.

Of course, the assumption is that people who've never played the game before might be able to pick up and enjoy the QSGuide and - if I play my cards right - may decide to buy the full Advanced rules (or hell, even the Basic ones). The point is, the folks over on the Kenzer site are for the most part already fans of the game with a good understanding of the rules. Therefore they probably can't give the most helpful feedback, since I'm writing the rules with the intent of making the game easy to access for someone who's never played them before.

So - I'd love it if interested parties would be willing to read the QSGuide and perhaps test it out with a group of players. If you think you might be up for it, please PM me your EMail address and I'll send you a pdf as soon as it's ready for consumption (which may be sometime within the next two weeks).

Thanks in advance,

Kurt Evans
Writer, graphic designer, Terminal Studios

KJSEvans

First Post
To everybody who sent me PMs about this, I want to say thanks very much.

I am working on 2 projects that have pending deadlines, but I'm hoping to be done with both of them within the next week or two. Once they are done, I'll be putting this together... it's written, it just needs to be formatted.

(On the other hand, if you'd be willing to read it in raw, unformatted text - y'know, your standard paragraph stuff - I could send it sooner. Let me know)

KJSEvans

First Post
BUMP - just wanted to mention that the QSG is about ready as a pre-release. I'm going to EMail a preliminary copy to folks later today via YouSendIt. All feedback is appreciated. (And if you haven't contacted me previously, but want to get involved in this, I will send a copy to you as well)

IronWolf

blank
BUMP - just wanted to mention that the QSG is about ready as a pre-release. I'm going to EMail a preliminary copy to folks later today via YouSendIt. All feedback is appreciated. (And if you haven't contacted me previously, but want to get involved in this, I will send a copy to you as well)

Great! I received my copy earlier today. Timing is good as I should have time to give it a good look tomorrow!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases