Do you have a "small superpower"?

Gronin

Explorer
so for those of you for whom sensors don't work - -- Are you lucky enough that the various seasonal decorations that are motion activated don't work for you?

Pbartender

First Post
I've discover a few over the years, most notably...

• I can move my eyeballs independently of each other, not unlike a chameleon.
  • While I can't actually make myself invisible, I can achieve such a level of inconspicuousness that I am, for all intents and purposes, practically invisible.
  • Given enough time, I can change the weather through sheer force of will.
  • I can accurately diagnose electrical problems solely by smell.
  • I can tickle small children into hysterics just by looking at them... An odd variation on the "Evil Eye", you might say.
  • My lap attracts household pets in the same the way that Aquaman's forehead attracts sea creatures.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
so for those of you for whom sensors don't work - -- Are you lucky enough that the various seasonal decorations that are motion activated don't work for you?

It follows the same ratio for me. Some stuff triggers, some stuff doesn't.

My 17 year old cousin has one: he triggers security sensors. No, I'm not joking about him being a shoplifter. Every once in a while, they light up for him. Going in OR going out- never both.

Pbartender

First Post
Supermarket store doors often fail to open for me. Causes me to walk around them stupidly trying to hit the right angle frustrated and then some other person walks in and I get in when door open nicely for them in first try.

I have a similar anti-superpower: automatic faucets completely ignore me. In a busy public restroom I can watch dozens of people walk up to the various sinks and poof, instant water flow when then move their hands near. Me, no matter where I put my hands, no matter what sink I use, nothing.

Count me as another for whom sensors are hit or miss. And another-probably related thing: you see those toys that do things like light up when held in your hands? They don't for me.

My 17 year old cousin has one: he triggers security sensors.

Maybe it's because of that time you sold your soul... :confused:

;)

Fast Learner

First Post
Mine is limited to hand sensors, probably infrared, so sinks and towel dispensers and other short-range things. Grocery store doors and other longer-range sensors work fine.

I've leased my soul on several occasions but have yet to sell it outright.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The trick is to only sell your soul to those entities in which you already own a controlling share. Despite multiple sales, I still own 89% of my soul.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
I discovered today that I can text one-handed while riding my bike.

This will one day contribute to me being yet another bad driver on the road I'm sure.

I apologize in advance.

Remove ads