Do you have a "small superpower"? - Page 2

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore SnowleopardVK
    I can smell nearby garbage cans down to their location and approximately how full they are even before I know that they're there.

I think I picked this one up after a couple years working on the cleaning staff at a theme park.
    Last edited by SnowleopardVK; Sunday, 18th September, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Meatboy
    I can wake up before my alarm without fail, regardless of what time its set to.

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Plane Sailing
    My communities:

I can catch things that I knock off shelves in mid-fall. But I don't know if everyone else does that all the time, or if it is my minor superpower!
    Plane Sailing
    (Enworld Admin)
    If you need to email me click here

I'd like things to go back and forth from "ARGH!" to "WOOO!" more frequently. - Kamikaze Midget

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore RainOfSteel
    My communities:

No superpowers here, but I have long wanted a minor superpower:

The ability to cast my voice into one or more selected vehicles to give people a critique of their driving ability, or rather, the lack thereof.
    TableSmith Home Page -- For easy and automatic random information generation.
    TableSmith Support Group -- For answers to all of your questions.
    "The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it." ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Janx
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Sailing View Post
    I can catch things that I knock off shelves in mid-fall. But I don't know if everyone else does that all the time, or if it is my minor superpower!
    technology works for me, I can make things work where others failed. Examples include:
    it works when I click it, failing for others.
    I'm right when i describe how something probably works and when somebody goes to try it or digs deeper, they find I was correct.
    I have Faith Healed an Apple IIe in front of others. My landlady just got her son an old Apple. It wouldn't boot. I strode up to it, shouted "Heal!" and slapped my hand down on the case. I then turned the switch and it booted.

I also rarely get sick. At most, I get a cold each year or a 1 day flu. I have always been this way.

I'm also a good shot, despite not really practicing. Not sniper level, just functionally good with BB guns, paintball guns, pistols and rifles.

I'm also lucky. I've made some really good rolls in D&D. I did not work exhorbitantly hard in finding a job out of college or in leaving that job 14 years later. (both times, the employer contacted me). I bought my first computer with money I found on the ground.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore cignus_pfaccari
    My communities:

If I just get up and leave, without thinking about it, whenever I get to the Metro, my train will be pulling in.

Brad
    Needs more automatic weapons fire in his gaming.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Cor Azer
    Quote Originally Posted by RainOfSteel View Post
    The ability to cast my voice into one or more selected vehicles to give people a critique of their driving ability, or rather, the lack thereof.
    Tangent: My brother and I always fantasized about building some sort short range device to overpower radio signals so we could offer such enlightening advice.

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Sailing View Post
    It's a superpower...and I have it too!

Another one: I can make snarky comments at a dinner table that everyone EXCEPT the target will hear and laugh at.

Hmm...it sounds like I'm becoming minor-superpower Superman here...all kinds of litle crappy powers.

Maybe I'm not human, but actually a Craptonian!
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Cor Azer View Post
    Tangent: My brother and I always fantasized about building some sort short range device to overpower radio signals so we could offer such enlightening advice.
    Y'know, the Mr. Microphone used to work with your car radio when it was set to the right channel. I bet you could alter it's transmitter to allow you to work over a broader spectrum of the RF dial.

Of course...most people are listening to CDs and mp3 players these days...

Still, I think a kind of override device should be available to First Responders and Emergency vehicles- "Don't you hear my siren, you self-absorbed moron? GETOUTATHEWAY!"
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Fast Learner
    My communities:

I also have the magic technology fixing power.

One example: a company had a flakey network that would suddenly go down without apparent cause; they called me in as a consultant to resolve it. Their offices were on the 12th floor of a building and the first time I arrived they noted that the network had just come up 30 seconds earlier. Because this was an old AppleTalk network from years ago there wasn't much in the way of useful diagnostic information so after doing whatever poking around I could, I eventually told them there was nothing I do and to call me the next time it went down.

They did, and again, just as before, the network came back up mere seconds before I arrived. After this happened the 4th time the receptionist noticed that when the elevator arrived at their floor with me in it, poof, the network was instantly back up.

They continued to call me in every few months for the next couple of years to work my magic. It always felt like a consulting failure since I never was able to figure out what was going wrong, but at least I could fix it and bill an hour.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast