Do you have a "small superpower"?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have a cousin who- without using special products- has hair that resembles that of those Troll Dolls.

She can pull it in a direction and it will just stay however she pulled it: Don King style, horns, Statue of Liberty crown, whatever.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
:cool:
EdMu-Buckwheat.jpg

Cor Azer

First Post
Apparently I now have a superpowered canine sidekick - four times this weekend, my dog teleported under my foot from across the room, causing me to stumble and thump my shin against nearby furniture.

He's also a remorseless eatin' machine; we never worry about the babies dropping messy food on the floor, but I think all dogs have such an ability.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
My wife and I share a "small superpower." Whenever we are together and we get in a line, be it at the supermarket or coffee shop or wherever, we find the line relatively small, but as soon as we get in line, many people get in line behind us and it becomes a huge line. We laugh about it every time it happens, but it only happens when we are together. Strange.

DnD_Dad

First Post
I can set a timer, walk away from it and walk back to it with less then 3 seconds to spare. I also set my alarm clock and wake up 2-3 minutes before it goes off.

fba827

Adventurer
Code Name: The Baby Whisperer
Power: The Baby Whisperer can soothe a cranky infant or toddler that he is related to.
Examples:
* The Baby Whisperer can make a related infant go to sleep in under 10 minutes (usually around 5min actually) -- this gift alone is worth gold to the tired mothers.
* The Baby Whisperer can make a related infant stop crying by simply waving at the child (presuming the infant/toddler is not crying for a reason related to food, in which case food is given)
* The Baby Whisperer can understand the babble from a related toddler. This does not extend to nonverbal communication, but is specific to vocalized babble when the child has not yet fully developed words and hard consonant sounds but is poorly attempting to do so.

Limits of Power: The Baby Whisperer's powers stop working on an infant/toddler around the time that the child turns 4. At that same time, the child is no longer soothed by the Baby Whisperer but instead feels compelled to never leave the Baby Whisperer's side, telling him anything and everything, over and over, ad nauseum. :)

fba827

Adventurer
Code Name: The Exceptionally Unphotogenic
Power: Despite having decent/average enough looks, any photograph with me in it looks horrible; almost as if there is a second visage portrayed by my soul that is only captured on images...
This is not limited to personal opinion but extends to the opinion of friends, family, and even strangers who are shown said pictures.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Not I, but my mother had the small superpower of finding "4-Leafed Clovers" in the front yard.

She pressed the pickings in books.
Several books: Paradise Lost; a Bible; etc.

The weirdest part of it was her trifocals: She couldn't see straight. That didn't stop the clover-pressing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases