Do you have a "small superpower"?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
*I listed my superpowers here, but the mental virus I unleashed to erase it from your memory keeps you from actually reading it*

:p

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Quite a few "super powers" here which, reading this thread, are more common that I thought.

Not that good in it anymore thanks to bad eyesight, but I can look at the most complex form of mazes and instantly see the path from start to middle/other side. My brain just seems to single it out at once.

Then the being invisible - to doors, automatic faucets, elevators - anything with a sensor. Oh yeah, I have serious issues with touchscreens, too, which is a real problem as the ticket sales for any public transit here have changed to those annoying things. Means I need to to get on without tickets in many cases, even had to show to conductor once that I am not just skipping the fee, I can't pay it! Of course, usually I'm even invisible to controls. it is like i don't exist until I shove the ticket in their faces.

I'm also invisible to real security, although this needs me to clear my mind and believe myself I'm not there. I walked across high security areas like closed off areas for state visits, pop stars etc and no one will notice me. I once walked right through two guards with dogs back in the 80s when Gorbachev was visiting my country capital, then across the whole yard of the castle that was closed off and out the other side past a police car. It was kind of freaky but I didn't quite think about it because I wanted some food from the other side. Then I walked right back with the food.

I used to do that as a joke in school to get off campus when I was bored with the lessons. Didn't try it out for a long time now, probably would have a much harder time believing I'm not there thanks to all of my pains.

Then there is the part of technology I'm not invisible to but still affect negatively. Computers, TVs, mobile phones, heck anything gets trouble around me. Let me walk into an electronic store and malfunctions will pop up, some of them visible like screens failing, burglary alarms going off (that happened once when I walked in), blue screens on the monitors and those listening stations to test music almost always die on me. I dread going into electronic stores. It is not every day, I have good days, but the bad days are worse.

Luckily, my own computer usually gets used to me after a while, but I still get malfunctions at least once a day that make no sense. The rest of my family has me banned from their computers.

I, too, can often sing along to songs I've never heard before. Doesn't always work and I have no idea what the pattern of it is. It is more common with songs in my own language. I know when the phone will ring and who is on it, even if I don't know the person I'll generally get it right. Like someone from my dad's club or a friend of my son.

Someone else mentioned the "knowing what to do in danger" thing. Same here. It's like time slowing and the rest comes automatically. I've dealt with people attacking me with knives, a wannabe rapist, a drunk almost falling on the rails and a few other things. The moment it happens, it is all very normal to me. I even told police once that "it was only 3 guys not knowing how to hold their knives" when they did a protocol. It is the day after that I'm shocked and wonder what could have happened, and in the above case why I said that. Sometimes I'm not sure it is all me who does that, hard to explain. The normal me often can't stand up for long without pain, and I avoid hand shakes because my fingers hurt a lot.

I also used to be able to find people's car keys and purses etc they misplaced, without looking or even remembering having seen them. Not anymore though. I guess I unconsciously registered them and now with my eyes going worse I don't anymore. But I still get asked where everyone's stuff is.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases