The Flint Tribune - a little thing I made

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We're playing with the idea of keeping players informed of events and issues in the world by way of newspaper handouts which they can keep and read at leisure. As a proof of concept, I whipped this together - it's not great (it was just half an hour with a word processor; no professional layout) but it gives an idea of what we're thinking.

Let me know what you think (of the concept, not my crappy layout and graphic design skills!)

Attachments

• newspaper.pdf
    567.2 KB · Views: 143

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I love it. Very simple and straightforward way to provide real immersion in the game world.

Are these handouts going to be included in the adventures or published here on the site?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I love it. Very simple and straightforward way to provide real immersion in the game world.

Are these handouts going to be included in the adventures or published here on the site?

They're not going to be either - yet. We're only just toying with the concept to see if it could work. We haven't even considered the specifics of it!

Falkus

Explorer
Oooh, and a thought that just occurred to me: It would be awesome if they were customizable templates; so we could account for minor changes, and put the PC's names in the papers discussing their activities.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A slightly updated version with a "photo" and a couple of minor tweaks.

Attachments

• newspaper.pdf
    703.3 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Remove ads