The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Fenris

Adventurer
"If no one knows how to check for traps, I'll blow the trapdoor from a safe distance, and we'll be done with it." Sarpot says, a she spits sideways, and rubs his hands in anticipation.

"Well it might damage anything in there, but it seems our safest option. proceed Sarpot" says Nerin.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot keeps rubing his hands, but as he does so, energy gathers in them, with a wicked red glow. "Gramnak Urrgrakun!!" grunts the hobgoblin as he outstretches his claws towards the trapdoor. Surprisingly the energy didn't shoot in a destructive ray of harmful energy. Instead, the trapdoor glowed in red, before exploding in pieces. What Sarpot said was not random grunting, it was words in dark speech.
The warlock grins and approaches the hole left behind, kicking splinters as he goes.

OOC: Using Baleful Utterance on the trapdoor. It works as a shatter spell.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Subtle, aren't we?" Lealani grins at Sarpot. "I suppose now all we need is some light."

She picks up a small rock and speaks, her words sounding much like a melodic song.

OOC: Lealani is casting Light.

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande hears the noise of the trapdoor shattering and gives Sarpot a look.

"I was going to see if it had any boobytraps on it as soon as I got back. Oh well. I guess we don't want to hide there with the water so close anyway."

She goes over to the hole and quickly peeks inside...then flinches back...then looks inside again, only a bit longer.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
To Arkos' pleasant surprise he is able to locate and uproot six small potatoes. These fresh vegetables will either make for a decent meal for one, or a light snack to be shared by the party. He turns to show off his newfound prize, but is interrupted by the loud cracking sound of the exploding trapdoor. The sound pierces the ear and is carried by the mists.

The party looks down the trapdoor into what Lealani's light shows to be a small room. Such a room was most likely used once for storage and as an emergency hiding place. Now it appears to be a rubbish pit, as several bones and bits of trash are piled up near the bottom of a ladder. The ladder stretches from the trapdoor entrance to the floor eight feet below. The air below is foul smelling of both sweat and decay. You can hear the labored, raspy breath of someone or something in a corner of the underground room not visible from where you stand.

OOC: Where are people storing the containers with the foul-smelling water?

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Do ye hear that?..." Sarpot asks, as he inflates his lungs to scream. "Who's there!! Come to the light so we can see ye! Otherwise we'll think ye are hostile and deal with ye as we did with the trapdoor!"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You hear the rattling of chains followed by a spasm of coughing and a harsh, but weakly straining voice. "Mayhaps I am going mad, <cough> ... but now I believe I am hearing a wonderful sound. <cough><cough> Not snarls nor the gutteral barks of uneducated gnolls, but indeed the lingua common, ... pure and clear from human or near human throats. Well, I would most certainly wish to obey <cough> your command, my gracious lord, but unfortunately I'm in no <cough><caff><cough> condition to do so. Does your presence, by chance, mean that we have won the battle?" His last words are further stressed and are followed by more coughing and wheezing.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin takes his water skin and whispers to it then opens it and smells before a slight taste. He then lightly leaps down the shaft.
OOC:
Jump check to jump down.
1d20+6=21

"Indeed my friend the battle is over. I would not say that we have won, but the enemy is defeated."

Assuming that the water is now Ok he will add "Please come and have some water."

OOC: Cast Purify Food and Water and the skin.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hm..." Sarpot goes down by the stairs, hoping to see a chained prisoner. If that's the case, he will, without warning, cast Baleful utterance on the chains, pronouncing the dark and awful dark speech.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases