The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Shayuri

First Post
"...I dunno if I'd go THAT far," Mellisande opines, rolling onto her back. "But yeah...we're going to have to work a little harder to help people. Our people, I mean."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Even I know that, and I'm the meanest, ugliest of us all! We should seriously discuss tactics, if we are going to beat these evil lizardfolks into mashed potatoes."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos is contemplative as he explores the rooms of the cache and says little at the moment. With relief he eats some of the food and drinks deeply from the spring. Once his hunger is sated he'll begin examining the items to assemble into a travel pack.

"What's done is done. And until we come into our godly power, which I have doubts about, by the way, and can raise the dead there is no use wailing about Tak's death. He was a warrior and died in battle, as it should be.

The question facing us now is: what next?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Any of those items small? No divine stuff beyond the wands of cure?
Swift --
Standard --
Free --
Move --
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 35
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Have we searched around here at all to see if there is any information about what is ahead of us? Any sort of book or map or anything like that?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande watches the others poke around for a few minutes, then shakes her head and rolls off the cot she was sprawled on.

"You're doing it wrong. This is a military supply cache. It's for resupply, I bet. Anything specifically for us would probably be really well hidden...but also, it should be somewhere that the construction is new. It'd be a recent addition. Well, recent compared to the rest. Let's see..."

The gnome paces around the walls, peering at the cracks and the worn areas narrowly. Every so often she puts a pointy ear to the stone and taps it with a fingertip a few times.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Mellisande is the one to find the removable metal panel first along a wall in the supply room, but it is Arkos who recognizes what the engraved cross on the panels mean. Medical supplies. Behind the panel is a small bag of twenty small pebbles of cure serious wounds, which if laid on an injury will heal the injured. Another five small pebbles of remove disease are also inside the bag and can be applied to the skin to good effect.

OOC: Sarpot gets some practice with several magical devices until he feels proficient with them. He expends one charge from a Girdle of Shield, 10 charges of a Wand of Cure Light Wounds, 15 Charges of a Wand of Magic Missile, 3 charges from a Wand of Melf's Acid Arrow, and 15 charges from one of the heavier Staff of Fireballs to do so. However, he will not need a Use Magic Device Check to use any of those items in the future.

OOC Note 2: I cannot find a place that indicates a warlock can use arcane wands and staves without a Use Magic Device check. If I am wrong, let me know where I can find a section that says otherwise, because then Sarpot didn't need to expend the charges to train with the arcane wands/staves.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin, like Arkos, heads to the food and water and refreshes himself. Wandering through the complex as he munches on some dried beef, Nerin admires the weapons and armor as well as their newly discovered healing supplies.

"Well, no, I don't think Tak did tell us everything, or even everything he knew. But he told us enough, and as Arkos said he died in battle, we can ask no more than that. Soon enough we may too join him. But at least we are a little better equiped." says Nerin gripping a new sword.

"Ok, We need to get Arkos all healed up, and grab the items we would like to take with us. Then we need to rest up before heading out. Now we do need to figure out watches, unless we can close that quartz rock and re-open it."

"As to whether we are gods or what manner or quality of gods we are or may be I cannot say. Something though tells me that whether there are other gods still out there, or we ourselves are the gods, it shall be our actions which will define any divinity for us and it shall be our actions which will determine if there will even be a world to support gods of any kind. So let us leave that talk for at least another night. As the discovery of the music box shows us, there is more to this than we, or maybe Tak knows or knew. I keep having flashes of what it means, but they are glimpses of other worlds, other times, but none last so long that I can see anything really. But I am happy Mellisande that you found this box. I am certain it belongs to you somehow though I am not sure how. Treasure it for though it we may yet find ourselves. If we live through this that is." says Nerin with a somber smile.

Nerin wanders through the barracks some more hoping to find more personal items and wondering who else was expected with this many beds.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases