The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!) - Page 20
  1. #191
    Arkos steps forward after shifting his form and producing some flame. Lealani casts a spell, and for a moment you notice the chieftain struggling and flailing with unseen assailants, but after a few curses he seems to fight off the effects of the spell. He and three of his comrades are still stumbling blind, but three other gnolls rush directly towards you and will now be in range for melee attack next round.

    OOC: Mellisande up, followed by Nerin.
    Last edited by Deuce Traveler; Saturday, 7th January, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

  2. #192
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    20,907
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block Shayuri


    Friend+
    Mellisande squints at the oncoming gnolls, shifts sideways a bit, and with a sweep of her arms and an exultant shout, brings another burst of dazzling, shifting, flashing, discombobulating, seizure-inducing light into being. It washes over the gnolls; a fury of radiance like looking into the mad heart of an exploding star...

    (Move as necessary, then Color Spray on as many of the incoming gnolls as I can get in the cone)

  3. #193
    Mellisande's spell strikes the three closest charging gnolls, his spell felling all three and knocking them unconscious.

    OOC: Nerin's turn.
    Last edited by Deuce Traveler; Wednesday, 18th January, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

  4. #194
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    20,907
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block Shayuri


    Friend+
    (OOC - Poke to Nerin)

  5. #195
    Init:
    Sarpot: 19
    Arkos: 18
    Lealani: 17
    Gnolls: 13
    Mellisande: 9
    Nerin: 4

    Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CLDnwrIM#gid=0

    Nerin moves forward, squeezing past his comrades with his massive frame in order to lay his crude sword onto the blinded remnants of the gnolls. It isn't so much an attack as much as it is a massacre. The two closest and weakest of the remaining gnolls are his targets, and they are stumbling blind and nearly defenseless. Nerin's massive sword pummels them into paste before they can even shout out in realization. All that is left now is the gnoll chief and warrior, stumbling and roaring in miserable blindness.

    OOC: Sarpot, Arkos and Lealani up. I'm not sure what's up with ENWorld lately and if people are having log-in issues, but I decided to move forward and perform Nerin's turn.
    Last edited by Deuce Traveler; Tuesday, 31st January, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

  6. #196
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,247
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Voda Vosa


    Friend+
    "Die and be forgotten!" shouts Sarpot. The hobgoblin advances encircling Nerin and approaching the Gnoll chief with predatory eyes, before making an upward move with his claws, rending the creature's flesh with the eldrich scythes he has for hands.

    Eldrich Claw attack: 22 vs AC for 15 dmg

  7. #197
    Queen of Everything COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Queenie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    N Babylon, New York, USA
    Posts
    3,308
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block Queenie


    Friend+
    OOC: If the chief falls from Sarpot's attack, Lealani will target the remaining enemy. If not, she will target the chief.


    Lealani lets out a frustrated string of words, marring what should be a beautiful sound with her angry tone. A blast of energy flies from her fingers and into the gnoll.

    Ranged Touch Attack for Scorching Ray (1d20+5=19)

    Damage for Scorching Ray (4d6=14)

  8. #198
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    7,986
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block GlassEye


    Friend+
    Arkos makes a throwing motion with his flame-encased hand. A sphere of fire launches from it towards the gnoll.

    "Burn, beast!"

    Actions/OOC

    Swift --
    Standard throw fire from Produce Flame: 1d20+4=18, 1d6+5=10
    Free --
    Move --
    Mini Stats
    Arkos Stoneborn
    Initiative: +1
    AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 47 Current: 35
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
    Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
    Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
    Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect: produce flame

    Attacks
    Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
    Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
    Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
    2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

    Spells Prepared:
    Spell Save: 14 +SL
    3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
    2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
    1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
    orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

  9. #199
    The combined attacks of the remaining party members are too much for the warrior and his chieftain. They go down in a hail of magical blasts and eldritch claws.

    The remnants of the battlefield are stunning, with its chunks of strewn body parts, sleeping gnolls, writhing and moaning bodies. Though bloodied you dominated the battle. Now the question is whether to finish off the survivors and search their bodies or continue your rush towards the Cliffs. You believe you've wiped out all the horn-sounding hunting parties, but it is unknown what else may be laying quieter in the obscure mists.

  10. #200
    Queen of Everything COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Queenie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    N Babylon, New York, USA
    Posts
    3,308
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block Queenie


    Friend+
    "Friends, though I'm not injured, I have barely any magic left. I think we should find a place to rest - perhaps the Cliffs would be better but of course we don't know what we will find there. I don't know the best course. I doubt these fleabags will have much to help us but perhaps the chieftain might have something of use?

    Arkos, are you very injured?"

+ Log in or register to post
Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. DT's The Undiscovered Frontier
    By Deuce Traveler in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: Sunday, 10th February, 2013, 05:24 AM
  2. The Undiscovered Frontier
    By Deuce Traveler in forum Character Builds & Optimization
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Friday, 23rd September, 2011, 04:59 AM
  3. New Frontier Campaign
    By steamsorceror in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2011, 10:11 PM
  4. [Map-a-Week] Feb, Frontier Landscape - Anyone used this?
    By Ashrem Bayle in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, 7th April, 2003, 09:21 PM
  5. [OT] Undiscovered
    By Phanboy in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Thursday, 24th January, 2002, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •