The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin stashes the cat-man in the bushes and the body the flind in a different set. "I wish we had time to bury him" says Nerin saying a prayer to a god he can't quite name, and not really knowing why it sprang so easily to his lips nor why he felt compelled to say it.

"Ok, let's move out. Sarpot take point and lead on. Leilani, Arkos and Mellisande stick close together following Sarpot and I will take rear guard. We need to move fast. Little ones,"
Nerin addresses the two gnomes, "have you some way to move faster? Sarpot and I could carry you if need be. I apologize for even having to offer, but our need to haste is great"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos snorts. From what he's seen so far he's faster and stronger than any of the others.

"Don't worry about me; just make sure you don't fall behind. Lead on Sarpot."

He'll steal a glance at Mellisande wondering if she has means to keep up if they should have to make a run for it.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Standard --
Free --
Free --

Note: Arkos isn't a gnome, he's an earth mephling and so looks a bit more like a dwarf than a gnome (though he is beardless).[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [18 AC w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: spear
Current Conditions in Effect: Barkskin (+2 na)

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Well, I could..." Mellisande's eyes widen abruptly and she holds out her arms. "Ooo! Carry me! Yeah! Put me up on your shoulders!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot mutters a curse to the gnolls. Somehow he felt close to Tak. He sahkes those thoughts from his head, the others were speaking.
As the little gnome asked to be carried on, Sarpot chuckles, grabbing her easily and putting her on his shoulders. "Ye comin' with me, I've seen those arcane tricks you do. That can come handy if we are on the leading spot. Let's move!" and the hobgoblin started trotting energicaly across the fields.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: My apologies GlassEye, I knew Arkos was some elemental ......thing, but didn't look up exactly what. Small, earthy, I went gnome :p

Nerin smiles as Mellisande climbs up Sarpot and they take off.
"Ok, well I suppose that takes care of issues of speed let us be off." says Nerin gesturing Leilani and Arkos ahead of him as he keep a wary eye on their rear and flanks.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: No big deal, Fenris. Especially considering I tend to think of Nerin as human even though I know he's celestial. Just felt a need to clarify for some reason.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Celestial, gnome, elemental.... you all look like hairless humans to gnolls and wolfweres.

The party moves out at a brisk and steady pace, running through the mists in the direction of the cliff caves. Strange sounds follow the group as they run. After the first two miles, the party leaves all traces of torn trees and vegetation behind, running on hard-packed sandy ground. The baying of dog-like creatures can be heard at first ahead, then later behind and to the flanks. Soon after shapes move into and out of the mists, and from the shape of their heads and widths of their shoulders you know them to be gnolls. Now the party has made it another couple of miles when the hunting horns begin to sound again, counting perhaps four or five in number. Sweat begins to show on the runners, and you begin to look for cover as the hunting parties close in. But there is no cover, as the hard-packed sandy ground has given way to unforgiving fields of blasted and sharp rocks. The party has made it seven miles, nearly halfway to the cliff caves, but a hunting party of a dozen gnolls appears on their right flank, while another hunting party is seen coming up from behind. They are each 150 feet away, and beyond that the mists obscures all. There are also unknown groups barking, blowing hunting horns and giggling in the mists and trying to find you. These carnivorous predators are having a grand time.

OOC: All except Mellisande, make a DC 10 Constitution check. And Happy Halloween.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos stops running. He's panting and wishing for a gulp of water but he looks around assessing the proximity of the gnolls.

"Looks like we fight again."

He closes his eyes and his form abruptly shifts to that of the monstrous lizard form (sans tentacles) that he took previously.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Standard --
Swift shift to lizard form[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [18 AC w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: spear
Current Conditions in Effect: Barkskin (+2 na)

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases